Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glimmer shards and fragments - another drop rate theory

Rhino Keeper

Glimmer shards and fragments - another drop rate theory

So, do you think the gate will drop more/ less fragments and shards if it has been clicked/hearted by a neighbour?
    This could be generally asked about clicking hearts, though I have read that when a building gets clicked it just means more coins.
    But since the fragments are so hard to come by... Maybe just maybe the heart clicking influences the drop rate of these....
    Ir am I just rambling on and on?

Executive Chef
    I just thought clicking hearts gave that building extra coins &/or 2 XP instead of 1XP... but ya may be onto something ..In a rambling way lol

Rhino Keeper
    Don't think it does. Mine is almost always sparkling on collection and I'm lucky if I get anything but coins. I still think these drops are always tweaked to drop lower or not at all during quests which need them. Of course the official word is that it isn't tweaked, but it happens too many times to be a coincidence. The same for dark seeds from the garden, I've had 2 drop since these recent quests and yet was maxed out prior.

Fashion Designer
    Nope. The drops are just ridiculously low. Takes a day for the castle to be ready and it drops a few coins.

Rhino Keeper
    We desperately need other resources for glimmer shards and fragments, or the gate and greselda's castle should drop more of them. It'll be Christmas if not New Years 2015 before I can complete Sister Sister and a little persuasion at this rate.

The Greenhouse quantities need to be increased. Because the resources are so scarce, more than 1 flower should drop and more than 3 dark seeds should drop when crafted.

This Send Belladonna trade IMHO is getting ridiculous and a pain to try to complete just to get one ink. Considering you have to craft so many plants with minimal resources, 2-3 inks should drop from the trade. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. It just makes me want to stop playing the game because some of the recent goals are no longer fun, it's not evening challenging, just annoying. No one wants to feel beat up and defeated in a game. Come on now. I'm not saying it has to easy, but it should be manageable and reasonable.

Stepping down off the box, but definitely stand by my comments.
    Last edited by jaesha; 06-20-14 at 07:34 AM.

I wholeheartedly agree! Just made it to. Belladonna's inscriptions and I don't see how it's going to be any fun AT ALL. ��

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JayUK69 View Post
    Don't think it does. Mine is almost always sparkling on collection and I'm lucky if I get anything but coins. I still think these drops are always tweaked to drop lower or not at all during quests which need them. Of course the official word is that it isn't tweaked, but it happens too many times to be a coincidence. The same for dark seeds from the garden, I've had 2 drop since these recent quests and yet was maxed out prior.
    It is clear enough to me that when you have a quest requiring you to hit certain monsters that the rate of them appearing plummets. And picks up to a high rate after you have completed it. So it stands to reason that in other aspects of the game this is the case as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    It is clear enough to me that when you have a quest requiring you to hit certain monsters that the rate of them appearing plummets. And picks up to a high rate after you have completed it. So it stands to reason that in other aspects of the game this is the case as well.
    Glimmergate has on many occasions said drop rates are never changed in regard to new Goals. What you are experiencing is that item so bad it changes the way you trust that use of Energy and its Result.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by doobievilla View Post
    Glimmergate has on many occasions said drop rates are never changed in regard to new Goals. What you are experiencing is that item so bad it changes the way you trust that use of Energy and its Result.
    I have actually written down the monster spawn rate during and not during open goals and compared them and they are significantly different. Perhaps my sample size of about 200 collections and the # of monsters they spawned is too small a sample size to say definitively, but I am a skeptic by nature - if someone in charge says something, I do not assume they are telling the 100% truth, not when how much of my money is spent is involved.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I have actually written down the monster spawn rate during and not during open goals and compared them and they are significantly different. Perhaps my sample size of about 200 collections and the # of monsters they spawned is too small a sample size to say definitively, but I am a skeptic by nature - if someone in charge says something, I do not assume they are telling the 100% truth, not when how much of my money is spent is involved.
    Keep collecting data, it's your sample size that's off
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast