Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glimmer shards and fragments - another drop rate theory

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Keep collecting data, it's your sample size that's off
    Yes, about 200 is a rather small size. But I do not know how long it will be until I have a quest requiring monsters again. I also lost the numbers I tallied before so I'd have to start over if I do do it again. But I might if a relevant quest comes up.

Executive Chef
    I did it when I needed to collect wool for a pair of goals. It was over several weeks and I never really saw a difference as time went on. I was collecting from 2 stables and 1 sheep every chance I got. I was averaging about 10 wool per day. I felt it was more of a sense that I needed that wool now and was disappointed when I did not get any on a particular collection. It's like any other resource in the game. When you don't need it, it slowly builds up until you are maxed out. Then all of a sudden you need every one you have plus more. And you can't get it fast enough.

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by jaesha View Post
    We desperately need other resources for glimmer shards and fragments, or the gate and greselda's castle should drop more of them. It'll be Christmas if not New Years 2015 before I can complete Sister Sister and a little persuasion at this rate.

The Greenhouse quantities need to be increased. Because the resources are so scarce, more than 1 flower should drop and more than 3 dark seeds should drop when crafted.

This Send Belladonna trade IMHO is getting ridiculous and a pain to try to complete just to get one ink. Considering you have to craft so many plants with minimal resources, 2-3 inks should drop from the trade. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. It just makes me want to stop playing the game because some of the recent goals are no longer fun, it's not evening challenging, just annoying. No one wants to feel beat up and defeated in a game. Come on now. I'm not saying it has to easy, but it should be manageable and reasonable.

Stepping down off the box, but definitely stand by my comments.
    I absolutely agree. In my game I managed to get 5 of the inscriptions in the sister sister goal but it's not showing any in the persuasion goal. Getting the shards, fragments and plants is WAY too hard. I've had almost no other goals but these for months because they are almost impossible to complete. I'm really hating them and am about to just quit because it's making the game so frustrating and boring. There should be more ways to obtain these than what they have in the game currently

Quote Originally Posted by magical222 View Post
    I absolutely agree. In my game I managed to get 5 of the inscriptions in the sister sister goal but it's not showing any in the persuasion goal. Getting the shards, fragments and plants is WAY too hard. I've had almost no other goals but these for months because they are almost impossible to complete. I'm really hating them and am about to just quit because it's making the game so frustrating and boring. There should be more ways to obtain these than what they have in the game currently
    Again, while you're trying to complete the persuasion goal, do not give any inscriptions to sister, sister.
    Persuasion goal: have
    Sister, sister: give

Once you give to sister you no longer have them for persuasion.
    Complete the persuasion goal first. Then after that goal disappears, you can give the inscriptions to sister, sister.

I do agree though that more sources of shards & fragments should be available.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Can someone confirm, is it only the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle and the Maze that drop Glimmer Shards and Glimmer Fragments?
    I'm still working on the Sister Sister task, and now the new Fairy Task needs Shards or Fragments ( can't remember which one) to make ornamental hair slides :-/
    Just checking I'm not forgetting somewhere else I can collect them from?
    Thanks in Advance :-/ :-)

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomvillee View Post
    Can someone confirm, is it only the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle and the Maze that drop Glimmer Shards and Glimmer Fragments?
    I'm still working on the Sister Sister task, and now the new Fairy Task needs Shards or Fragments ( can't remember which one) to make ornamental hair slides :-/
    Just checking I'm not forgetting somewhere else I can collect them from?
    Thanks in Advance :-/ :-)
    Yes, they are the only current places.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Yes, they are the only current places.
    ....or you can buy a glimmer rock formation in the market for 35 gems (clears in 6 hits - also drops silver & jewels, I think).
    OR if you're lucky, one of those rock formations will drop from an Envoy adventure to the Plume Hive.
    (Maybe 10% drop rate? ...I've done over 30 plume hive adventures, maybe even 40 now and only crates I've gotten are 3 of those glimmer rock formations).

Ah, ok - thanks for letting me know :-( x
    I wish there was a trade route at the exchange for glimmer shards/fragments !

Rhino Keeper
    this^ this so many times over. i would sacrifice mithril for glimmer bits. maybe make it 1-2 mithril+1-5magic fruit+something else rare that we dont use much of for multiple glimmer bits at the very least garanteed a few of both kinds.

We really really need something else to drop shards and fragments! I'm really growing tired of having to keep plodding away at this even if there's newer, better, quests going on. And now I've to split the shards! I'm just so cross right now 😡

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12