Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopping Eggs from hatching?

Fashion Designer

Stopping Eggs from hatching?

I've been trying to get certain dragons for goals, but I keep getting the same ones over and over. Is there a way to cancel the hatching process if you see that the egg is not what you need? I hate to have to wait for breeding time, then have to turn around and wait for hatching time if it's not something I want. There doesn't seem to be any other option when you tap it but to move or speed it up with gold. And it's not like other story games where you can store these things either. Do we just have to suffer through the wait times if we don't get our rare breeds?
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    you can only wait for the time to finish or speed up with gold.
    no other way.. thats how tl makes their money by people buying gold to speed breed
    "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."

Fashion Designer
    Maybe we can suggest TL to charge a gold amount to remove unwanted eggs...........?

Fashion Designer
    they do, its the gold amount to speed up.

Fashion Designer
    Darn, just a huge waiting game. It'd be better if the times were shorter and/or you didn't need to do both breeding and hatching (somehow), but both...so much time.

Oh well, I do love that these darn things can't expire like in the other games, so I guess that's a decent tradeoff.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    My birthday is in October. I started trying for a Libra dragon when she was first introduced last fall. I'd say roughly 70% of my total breeding since then has been trying to get her. Hope is fading that I'll have her by my birthday this year. I think my Leo may be defective. I never bothered counting my attempts, but I wish I had, out of sheer morbid curiosity.

In short: Fails suck. >:\

Whoever's in charge of the behind-the-scenes numbers either has an evil sense of humor, or has never actually played the game.

Farm Supplier
    My advice is save up your gold and buy a second nest.

Fashion Designer
    What would be even better is the ability to cancel breeding WITHOUT having to place the unwanted egg on a nest then speed the hatching to get rid of it.
    At present, every unwanted breed has to go through its wait time in BOTH the den and the nest. It would be really convenient if we could bypass the nesting when we know the breed is unwanted. TL can create that option without losing money -- just charge double gold to cancel breeding.
    E.g. You have a 20-hour breed that you know will result in an unwanted dragon. Rather than empty a nest, speed the breeding for 20 gold, then speed the hatching for another 20 gold, then sell the egg, have the option to cancel the breeding for 40 gold, leaving any/all nests undisturbed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    E.g. You have a 20-hour breed that you know will result in an unwanted dragon. Rather than empty a nest, speed the breeding for 20 gold, then speed the hatching for another 20 gold, then sell the egg, have the option to cancel the breeding for 40 gold, leaving any/all nests undisturbed.
    Which is to say you are spending twice as much gold on something you DONT want. Can't see myself doing that.

I agree it's nice to have an extra nest just for that purpose. Sure I can end up getting 2 "fails" back to back, at which time unless I have something ready in the den that I know I want, I might speed the nest that takes the least amount of gold. So I can put my wanted egg on the nest.

Sure breeding is a waiting game. So is evolving, so is crafting, trading, expanding, farming, questing, building habitats.
    Ummmmm..... It's a time management game.
    The fact that stuff doesn't expire makes DS way more enjoyable than a lot of other time management based games.
    I get way more frustrated with say Bakery Story when I come back to find that all my food has spoiled because I couldn't get back to it in time. Or forgot.

I get impatient with DS sometimes too. But I can't blame that on the game. I chill out and do something else.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    The fact that stuff doesn't expire makes DS way more enjoyable than a lot of other time management based games.
    I get way more frustrated with say Bakery Story when I come back to find that all my food has spoiled because I couldn't get back to it in time. Or forgot.
    So true! This, and the fact that we have adorable dragons (), is the reason why DS is my favorite TL game!
    accepting all neighbors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast