Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stopping Eggs from hatching?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    Sure breeding is a waiting game. So is evolving, so is crafting, trading, expanding, farming, questing, building habitats.
    Ummmmm..... It's a time management game.
    The fact that stuff doesn't expire makes DS way more enjoyable than a lot of other time management based games.
    I get way more frustrated with say Bakery Story when I come back to find that all my food has spoiled because I couldn't get back to it in time. Or forgot.

I get impatient with DS sometimes too. But I can't blame that on the game. I chill out and do something else.
    I think we are all aware that it's a time management game. But what's also factored into this particular game is the RNG that determines what you get. In the other games, you know that you're cooking recipe X, you will have it ready in X amount of time. If you crossbreed pet A with pet B, you will get pet C after X amount of time. With the eggs/breeding in DS, you have no earthly idea. And if you see the fail coming, you have no choice but to wait for it to be ready only to be potentially disposed of immediately.

I think the non-expiring aspect is the only saving grace for it, because had it been where things still expired, this game would be highly disliked all across the board, I'd imagine. This way, it somewhat lessens the blow of having to be left at the mercy of "luck". They all can't work the same and I suppose it can be a good thing that it's different, for some. In the end, the game is whatever it's going to be, so you just have to take it or leave it. :/
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Well I have 2 Sapphire Dragons, 2 Emerald Dragons, 3 Pearl Dragons an Amethyst and a Topaz Dragon that I crafted from gems from trading in fails. I have enough to craft 3 Ruby Dragons but they don't earn enough to interest me.
    And in breeding for Porcelain, out of 58 breeding cycles I got 3 of them.
    I am hatching my 5th Winter in a row and the timer on the breeding den says 12 hours again.

And because my husband and I breed canaries I know that breeding for a specific color is about 10 times as difficult as breeding for a specific dragon in DS.
    And there are other issues associated with breeding that DS doesn't throw at us. It would totally take the fun out of it.

So breeding in DS is way easier than in real life.
    And in real life canary breeding I don't have a game developer to complain to. I can adjust my strategy which may or may not work.

K. Rant over.
    Last edited by Sparkly888; 06-09-14 at 06:23 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    In the end, the game is whatever it's going to be, so you just have to take it or leave it. :/

And there ya have it. Quite simple, really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12