Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Apple Drop Rate

Golden Apple Drop Rate

Hi,

I'm a little curious about the drop rate for the Golden Apple. Does anyone have any insight on this? I have been collecting from Sir Pigglesworth, Magic Garden, and an apple tree consistently for more than a month with no luck.

Just based on the quantities in the "Golden Trade" in the Grand Exchange I would think it is 1/3 as likely as a Golden Nugget drop and 1/2 as likely as a Golden Egg drop. However, I probably get a Golden Egg every other day and a I don't collect from chickens that often so that math doesn't quite work out.

I can't see how much it would cost to buy a Golden Egg/Golden Nugget because I have 40+ of each, can someone comment on the gem cost for these items? I wonder if they are substantially lower than the 80 gems for a Golden Apple.

Any info would be great. Thanks,

Stefan
    Last edited by boss_boehme; 06-04-14 at 12:32 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Golden apples are very rare drops. So it takes a very tong time to build up. Nuggets and eggs comes in truck loads. I just don't know what to do with them. The best source for golden apples remains the trees.

I was about to give up & pay 80 gems after a mere couple weeks of picking from my tree--I wanted Sir Piggy so bad. But 'lo & behold...I got my Golden Apple 2 days ago. It sounds like it's very random. All you can do is collect every possible time & cross your fingers. Good luck!

Ps: I got my golden egg & nugget the first week of playing (w/ease.) The apple's the hard part!

Executive Chef
    Drop rate appears to average about once every 3 weeks or so (1 apple tree plus magic garden etc). However, that could be nothing for 2 months, then 2 gold apples in a week.

Ya I guess I'm seeing similar results. Still no luck, realized I had another apple tree in my inventory so pulled it out. Want the apple for the Bijou Dragon quest line, 15 Trade Tickets is a hefty price especially when the newest expansions require 5 Permits, yikes!

Hoping to see that golden fruit drop soon!

Fashion Designer
    Back when i was looking for my first Golden Apple i think the general consensus was somewhere between 1 in 80 to 1 in 120 collections from Apple Trees. I'm not sure if anybody has really counted the other sources, but it may be about the same from the Magic Garden.

Despite having max level sparkling mine x2 and max level deep mine x2 I struggle most with golden nuggets! Following the dragon quests I have 0, with 15 golden eggs and 8 golden apples. I have 4 trees I've gathered from adventures etc when I collect whenever i can and is say I get an apple a week, assuming I generally collect probably 4 times a day so every 100 or so

Rhino Keeper
    An apple a week keeps the doctor away? Eh what?

Farm Supplier
    Well, golden apples are very rare. It took me like forever to get finally one golden apple. Now I have three, and I know one of them came from an adventure. I got 19 golden nuggets, 15 golden eggs and just 3 golden apples. I don't know what the drop rate is, but I know it takes a very long time to get a lot of golden apples.

Rhino Keeper
    I think the Royal Exchange gives the truest picture of the drop rates of Golden Apples.

I stopped doing the Royal Exchange Trade for Golden stuff back in Dec or Jan, and it was interesting to see how the Golden items dropped very similarly to the Exhange requirements (Note, the recent Dragon Egg Event took 5 Golden Nuggets from my Inventory).

They are very, very rare, primarily because of the frequency of collecting from a single (or small group of 4) Apple Tree every 2 hours. I suspect most players collect from their Hatcheries/chickens (Golden Eggs) and Mines/Iron Rich Rocks (Golden Nuggets) more frequently than their Apple Trees and Sir Piggy. (Note: I've seen Golden Apples drop from the Desert Sands Adventure, but not very often.)
    Last edited by eepopp; 06-05-14 at 08:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast