Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Pyre Caverns Event GLITCH Thread

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kitykat5 View Post
    like so many others, the glitch affected me. I acquired the pyre egg and ultramarine egg through the adventures as was required/designed. I ran out of resources by about day 6 and so i worked on the hatching and collecting of materials to attempt the final egg. I have my flare dragon and am almost done hatching the matrix dragon. As others have said, i clicked 'finish' and suddenly the quest for the sparkling egg began. Now, i was confused, as i had no adventures even ready for picking up when i clicked finish. I didn't even fathom a glitch and played on the questline figuring tl must have decided to have mercy on those of us who tried hard. I refuse to spend real money but had some gems and went on about 17-20 adventures for eggs. Perhaps that was not enough attempts as i never got the sparkling egg in the manner it was intended to get. Now, as so many others, i continued on the quest line, not knowing about the glitch, and today hit "place" and it said i had no egg. Now, i will wake up at all hrs of the night to use my energy and collect, etc....so this woke me up for good at 5am :-) i was royally confused. In the end now, i spent 50 jewels, 50 silver, 2 adamant, and 5 large diamonds on this glitch. I really would have like to have those items back, but more importantly get the large diamonds and the adamant. I chopped 2 troves to get those diamonds....woulda been nice to save them for a timed quest. Fortunately, i didn't spend real money, nor am i having trouble hatching the ultramarine egg to this point. As for a suggested solution? Well, perhaps give back our product loss if at all possible. I won't ever get 200 gems to buy the egg or dragon outright. Another option, maybe for those affected, giving the option to do the pyre cave adventure again for a limited time (5 days?) to acquire the egg fair and square and skip the first 4 steps that we all lost resources on. I don't know what is possible, as i am not a programming expert. Someone like me, i would probably be happy with 100 free gems to spend how i want. I am forever in a day accidentally using them to speed things up on my iphone screen when i don't intend to and i get so ticked at myself! Incidentally, i have only been playing since i discovered this game in january, and without having spent any real money i am almost done with level 35, so i have invested a lot (probably too much!) time in this game!

same here!!! 😩

Also got to What Came First and can't place the egg cause I don't have one but didn't realize that's what was happening.

Rhino Keeper
    Perhaps an affable solution would be to give those players who still have the unfinished quests & have placed the resources without the egg in their book an additional 5 days to complete & hopefully collect the missing egg(s).

I would see more problems arising if the eggs were given free,as those who had paid gems to speed up or buy an egg they were missing when the quest time was running out would I imagine not be very happy if others who's time ran out then received the egg free.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoniakingdom View Post
    Perhaps an affable solution would be to give those players who still have the unfinished quests & have placed the resources without the egg in their book an additional 5 days to complete & hopefully collect the missing egg(s).

I would see more problems arising if the eggs were given free,as those who had paid gems to speed up or buy an egg they were missing when the quest time was running out would I imagine not be very happy if others who's time ran out then received the egg free.
    Unfortunately, I don't think TL will appease everyone. I was happy to spend 200 gems just before the quest expired to get Mr Sparkley. Now if those that still have unfinished quests get an extra 5 days, where is the fairness for those that bought the egg like me. I could have used the 5 days myself to try and get it via adventures.

Don't get me wrong, I am at ease with my decision to purchase, I feel for those that seem to be caught up in the glitch, however, there also appears to be people that didn't play by the rules and are now crying fowl.

The number of people now posting on this forum for the first time, but crying poor, is quite staggering. That shows to me that they know about the forum, read the forum and now decide to trot out their woes.

I'm no computer programmer, but I would imagine the scripts needed to identify those honestly caught up in the glitch and those now crying poor would be quite difficult.

For those in the glitch, I hope they sort something out for you, however, getting your egg for free - no way. If so, run a script for me, give me back my 200 gems and then the extra 5 days to find.

Do you see what I mean. TL cannot win either way.

I'm still at ease with my decision to purchase.

Kind regards

Rhino Keeper
    I am also stuck at What Came First: I have used all the resources but there is no sparkling egg for me to place. This is after doing the quest a massive 49 times, which is HUGE and should have been plenty to find the egg. So, TL, I'd just like the egg please. I feel like I worked really hard to earn it.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree Outhouse giving the egg out for free would make for a further batch of unhappy players - with cause if they paid 200 gems for their egg.

It really is a no win situation it appears.

Maybe you could give us chance to get the eggs fair by giving us few more days for the adventures. I tried really hard and did more adventures per day but I did't get the sparkling eggg

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    They've ruled out the most obvious solution - simply return the resources we gave to the quest that mistakenly triggered without the required egg when we tapped 'FINISH' on the expired goal.

It wouldn't be too difficult to write a script to locate all players who are currently sitting on the goal with the dead 'Place' button, remove that, and then plunk a treasure trove into their inventories containing the lost resources. Why they ruled that out right away is anybody's guess. :-/

Maybe I made a wrong assumption but...
    Usually when a timed quest is over and you press the finish button a option pops up
    " you didn't finish the quest in time would you like to buy it for gems instead"
    I have to admit I was kinda counting on that option. But instead the glitch quest popped up. I don't know if you were never planning on giving this option, but it is a pretty standard thing, no? So the glitch didn't just take our resources it also took our last chance to get the egg. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    They've ruled out the most obvious solution - simply return the resources we gave to the quest that mistakenly triggered without the required egg when we tapped 'FINISH' on the expired goal.

It wouldn't be too difficult to write a script to locate all players who are currently sitting on the goal with the dead 'Place' button, remove that, and then plunk a treasure trove into their inventories containing the lost resources. Why they ruled that out right away is anybody's guess. :-/
    Agree. That would have been the best solution. No other way to make everyone happy.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast