Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Pyre Caverns Event GLITCH Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Castle Story: Pyre Caverns Event GLITCH Thread

Hey folks, this is a thread for collecting information on the Pyre Caverns (Dragon) Event issue.

edit(KP) Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Hey folks, we're aiming for a fix for this for tomorrow. Thank you again for your patience - this is a learning experience for all of us!
    Unfortunately we cannot restore used items to players, but we will be providing some compensation for players along with the fix tomorrow.
    Please contact support@teamlava.com if you have a specific issue you need to resolve.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-02-14 at 05:14 PM.
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Rhino Keeper
    The major issue going on right now is that when the 'Gain Egg' quests expired, they were marked as complete and players were able to continue on to the Hatch quests, despite not having the eggs. Players should not have been able to gain access to these quests without gaining the egg.

We're investigating this issue now.
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

New Resident
    Yes, that is an issue, not because we lost resources but because I was hoping to hatch the remaining two eggs, which the game portrayed I had but i didnt until I came to the quest of hatching the egg. When the game says I have something I dont check my inventory each time because it doesnt make sense. Isnt it possible to give us the eggs that we though we got once we clicked on "finish" for our quests. I must have gone on the adventure 10 times or more, its only fair to get all the eggs I was really hoping to get all three dragons (i got only one).

Thank you!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rida16 View Post
    Yes, that is an issue, not because we lost resources but because I was hoping to hatch the remaining two eggs, which the game portrayed I had but i didnt until I came to the quest of hatching the egg. When the game says I have something I dont check my inventory each time because it doesnt make sense. Isnt it possible to give us the eggs that we though we got once we clicked on "finish" for our quests. I must have gone on the adventure 10 times or more, its only fair to get all the eggs I was really hoping to get all three dragons (i got only one).
    Thank you!
    Exactly. There are so many items in inventory that it is impossible to browse it every time to make sure everything we need is there. If we cannot trust that the game sequence is correct it is useless to play.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a little batch script which puts the correlating egg into those people's inventory who are stuck on a quest. Or, oh well, why not put a free bijou egg into everybody's inventory? Would be a nice move that makes all customers happy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starbows View Post
    Exactly. There are so many items in inventory that it is impossible to browse it every time to make sure everything we need is there. If we cannot trust that the game sequence is correct it is useless to play.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a little batch script which puts the correlating egg into those people's inventory who are stuck on a quest. Or, oh well, why not put a free bijou egg into everybody's inventory? Would be a nice move that makes all customers happy.
    Yeah its so hard to check Inventory.. omg swipe left.. omg swipe left.... OUCH.. Call a Doctor... yeah nice try dude.. you didnt get the Egg.. all you got was an expired Goal.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by doobievilla View Post
    Yeah its so hard to check Inventory.. omg swipe left.. omg swipe left.... OUCH.. Call a Doctor... yeah nice try dude.. you didnt get the Egg.. all you got was an expired Goal.
    I am really tired of browsing through 80+ pages every time I need to make a decision about what to do next. Please stop posting hateful replies. If you have no problems with this quest it is fine for you. But then you should not post here anyway, as this thread is for people who do have problems with it.

Several times I have been browsing inventory and discovered mysterious eggs I did not know I had received. Or I have been using magic forge and discovered that I had an egg I could hatch. Once a dragon egg but the others were manticore a. I have a mystery egg there now that I discovered during the quest and decided to wait to see what it is.

I was lucky as I did receive the quest eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by rida16 View Post

Thank you!

The major issue going on right now is that when the 'Gain Egg' quests expired, they were marked as complete and players were able to continue on to the Hatch quests, despite not having the eggs. Players should not have been able to gain access to these quests without gaining the egg.

We're investigating this issue now.
    I had a lot of problems at the end. In the last 3 days,I received almost no piles of seeds (about 2/day) and my treasures were a few coins and one simple thing (eg glimmerdust). I spent all my gems trying for the last egg and was pleased to be given the option to finish the quest. Out popped my egg and I felt pretty happy. This morning I received my 5th diamond, only to find my egg gone!

I think TL should honor the eggs given, even in mishap. It is just a game, it's not like you accidentally gave out real gold eggs and are losing a fortune. In fact, you will not lose any of the gems and money spent by many to try for those eggs no matter what you choose to do.

sandra

Rhino Keeper
    Eggs that were gained after the event expired (via Adventures that came in late, or were collected late), are not able to be hatched. This was by design to avoid confusion, but it sounds like it created a lot of additional confusion. I'm not sure if we can do anything about this, but I want you all to know that your feedback is being heard and that future events will be designed such that this isn't a problem.

Thanks everyone.
    TeamLava Game Designer

Ultramarine Egg in Inventory

Eggs that were gained after the event expired (via Adventures that came in late, or were collected late), are not able to be hatched. This was by design to avoid confusion, but it sounds like it created a lot of additional confusion. I'm not sure if we can do anything about this, but I want you all to know that your feedback is being heard and that future events will be designed such that this isn't a problem.

Thanks everyone.
    I started the Pyre Adventure before time was up, but didn't collect until afterwards. I was awarded the Ultramarine Egg which now sits in my inventory. Why bother dropping the egg if you can't trigger the goals? Why can't you bring back the goals so that those who have eggs can still hatch them or find a way to hatch the eggs through the nest? Obviously, we would still have to pay gems due to the adventures being expired.

There must be a way for those that thought they had a egg because they were able to triggered the goals and for those who got an egg and can't trigger any of the goals. Either way, it's a tease and a lot of resources were depleted and gems spent!

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast