Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Pyre Caverns Event GLITCH Thread

Fashion Designer
    I finished this quest without hitting the apparent glitches others have encountered.

I used gems to speed my way through, but I did the same quest as everyone else, didn't get an egg every time I sent my knights out, and ultimately finished early for personal medical reasons not related in any way to this game or other players.

After I finished hatching and feeding my baby dragons, the option to hatch an egg from this quest disappeared.

The Quest disappeared from my quest book.

What didn't disappear was the ability to craft the sword and armor in my Forge that was necessary to go on the Adventure.

The Adventure continued to be an option well over a week after I finished the quest, both in my Castle and in the Barracks.

Because Adventures have become a permanent part of the Adventure List in the past, after the original quest that introduced them had finished, based on my prior experience with this game I believed that since the adventure and the ability to craft materials for the adventure remained long after I finished the quest, I assumed that the Adventure was going to be permanent. I found it quite shocking that everything relating to both crafting the sword and armor and the ability to go on the adventure disappeared without a warning (to me ay least because I couldn't keep up with the thread) Sunday, leaving me with more than ten swords and armor crafted for future adventures.

Either on an adventure I sent out before I completed the quest, or shortly after, I received a second Sparkling Egg, which was no longer able to be hatched. i know others have had a similar experience.

When I tried to see what the issue with this quest was, I discovered that others encountered a glitch with hatching eggs, and there were several statements that I was unable to confirm, that when the quest ended the eggs would be available for sale for gems. i assumed that if eggs would be available, there would also be a method available to hatch the eggs. I was obviously mistaken.

So while I don't know exactly why others had problems I didn't encounter when I did the quest, I am confused about why the adventure continued to be available after the quest was completed, then it suddenly disappeared on a Sunday which is not the normal update day.

The sudden disappearance of this adventure so long after the quest was gone from my quest book, was especially disturbing since it seemed tailor made to address the complaints from those who want shorter quests. The materials required to craft for this shorter adventure are second generation, ie. the Swords and Light Armor must be crafted (or dropped) first. While the craft time in the Forge was relatively short, relatively rare materials for many people (Mithril or Dragon Scales), it was unlikely that many players could maintain a steady supply to keep going on this adventure indefinitely. While I haven't chopped every trove I have, I chopped enough to be able to say that like the other Adventures, you don't get an awesome rare drop in every one.

So I don't know if this is part of the glitch because I haven't read every complaint, but I have several issues which may be a glitch or part of one.

I am relating my experience here so TL can evaluate my experience to see if or where it fits within the Glitch which this thread was started to address. I am not relating my experience here so non TL people can complain about me here.

I have an extra Sparkling Egg that I can't hatch like the very rare extra drop of a Dragon Egg from the Roost, and I feel it was unfair to continue to provide the Adventure to players who for whatever reason, be it speeding with gems like I did or by buying an egg they couldn't get to drop after a reasonable number of adventures, beyond the time when the quest is/was complete for that individual. To me it seems misleading to leave an Adventure and the ability to craft materials only usable by that Adventure, once the quest is finished for that person and is removed from their Quest Book.

I also question if it could be a glitch that such an excellent Adventure that has a much requested shorter turnaround time actually was removed on Sunday. Could it have been planned to keep this Adventure available and that the removal of it on Sunday might have been part of the Glitch?

I am not the only one sitting on at least one unhatchable Dragon egg, plenty of hatching materials, and no way to hatch it. I have some concern that there are valuable dragon eggs sitting in inventories, but unable to be hatched at the Forge like regular Dragon Eggs or Manticore Eggs. While I am probably in the minority of those who loved this quest, even I see some major inconsistencies in how the quest played out, both for me and some of my neighbors who missed getting three dragons despite putting forth extraordinary effort.

I have a good amount of materials tied up in quest materials for this adventure that disappeared without warning on Sunday. I will leave it to TL to decide if any of my experience is related to the Glitch.

Thanks TL!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I am confused about why the adventure continued to be available after the quest was completed, then it suddenly disappeared on a Sunday which is not the normal update day.
    It wasn't suddenly, the info about it was on the first page: "The adventure will stick around until 6/01, even if you've gotten all 3 eggs and hatched them."
    The adventures were extremely helpful for those who needed pyre crystals, dragon scales, mithril and large diamonds.

Executive Chef
    Wait, I'm confused. You were upset that the quest didn't go away and yet you wish it was still there?
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

I really didn't lose anything of significance except the diamonds. I mean, I used a ton of silver and jewels but they're pretty quick to build up. I had used all my mithril many adventures ago and was using gems for my swords. I think I had about 35-40 adventures (I lost track) and got the first two eggs. After my last adventure, the quest popped up for the sparkling egg after I clicked "finish", and I was pretty excited-thought it was either a surprise ending or I had got the egg after all and missed the pop-up quest. So I'm more disappointed in not having the third dragon more than losing the diamonds I have a grand total of 7 gems left after the pyre adventures so I'll not be able to buy any egg right now anyway. Also I'm still working on getting all the jewels for egg 2, which I did get- hopefully I'll be able to continue it?

Farm Supplier
    I don't care about what I used to finish the quest. I just want an egg or the quest gone. I hate having quests I can't finish.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    When I post on the forums, it's as a representative of the company. The worst thing I can do is promise something and then not deliver on it. Most policies prevent developers from posting in public forums for exactly that reason. I post here because I enjoy talking to you all, and I value your feedback and want our players to have fun playing our games. I'm super lucky that our awesome community team is so cool about letting us talk directly, and I don't want to compromise that by being reckless.

Thanks for understanding
    Thank you for keeping us updated and engaging the community. I'll be really interested to see how the team decides to implement the fix, and I'm glad you're so willing to listen to the feedback from players!
    Designer for Automated Homes & Private Theaters at Hi-Concept
    www.hi-concept.fr

Quote Originally Posted by tigarlilyvol View Post
    I believe the quote was collect all three eggs and you will be able to hatch these eggs, which I did and I hatched all three eggs, nowhere did it say you could hatch more than three although some found a way on one of the eggs, I also have two extra eggs but I did not expect to hatch them, I was after troves, and got a couple of souvenirs as a bonus was they way I looked at it.
    Actually, if you read the page I paraphrased from, yes, it does say you can have more than the original 3 eggs- it specifies you cannot hatch more than one at a time and you can hold the extra in inventory (and hatch them after June 1). But thank you for your input.

Farm Supplier
    I have a pyre egg & thought I was on the way to hatching it, when I got to the pyre crystals goal. i have about 83% needed of the crystals, but it says to go on the adventure to the pyre caverns to get more crystals. But that adventure is now gone from my list. Is this a "glitch" pr can I get the rest of the pyre crystals some other way? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylu98 View Post
    I have a pyre egg & thought I was on the way to hatching it, when I got to the pyre crystals goal. i have about 83% needed of the crystals, but it says to go on the adventure to the pyre caverns to get more crystals. But that adventure is now gone from my list. Is this a "glitch" pr can I get the rest of the pyre crystals some other way? Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Check your workshop; there should be an option to craft a pyre crystal with 10 coal.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I finished this quest without hitting the apparent glitches others have encountered.

I used gems to speed my way through, but I did the same quest as everyone else, didn't get an egg every time I sent my knights out, and ultimately finished early for personal medical reasons not related in any way to this game or other players.

After I finished hatching and feeding my baby dragons, the option to hatch an egg from this quest disappeared.

The Quest disappeared from my quest book.

What didn't disappear was the ability to craft the sword and armor in my Forge that was necessary to go on the Adventure.

The Adventure continued to be an option well over a week after I finished the quest, both in my Castle and in the Barracks.

Because Adventures have become a permanent part of the Adventure List in the past, after the original quest that introduced them had finished, based on my prior experience with this game I believed that since the adventure and the ability to craft materials for the adventure remained long after I finished the quest, I assumed that the Adventure was going to be permanent. I found it quite shocking that everything relating to both crafting the sword and armor and the ability to go on the adventure disappeared without a warning (to me ay least because I couldn't keep up with the thread) Sunday, leaving me with more than ten swords and armor crafted for future adventures.

Either on an adventure I sent out before I completed the quest, or shortly after, I received a second Sparkling Egg, which was no longer able to be hatched. i know others have had a similar experience.

When I tried to see what the issue with this quest was, I discovered that others encountered a glitch with hatching eggs, and there were several statements that I was unable to confirm, that when the quest ended the eggs would be available for sale for gems. i assumed that if eggs would be available, there would also be a method available to hatch the eggs. I was obviously mistaken.

So while I don't know exactly why others had problems I didn't encounter when I did the quest, I am confused about why the adventure continued to be available after the quest was completed, then it suddenly disappeared on a Sunday which is not the normal update day.

The sudden disappearance of this adventure so long after the quest was gone from my quest book, was especially disturbing since it seemed tailor made to address the complaints from those who want shorter quests. The materials required to craft for this shorter adventure are second generation, ie. the Swords and Light Armor must be crafted (or dropped) first. While the craft time in the Forge was relatively short, relatively rare materials for many people (Mithril or Dragon Scales), it was unlikely that many players could maintain a steady supply to keep going on this adventure indefinitely. While I haven't chopped every trove I have, I chopped enough to be able to say that like the other Adventures, you don't get an awesome rare drop in every one.

So I don't know if this is part of the glitch because I haven't read every complaint, but I have several issues which may be a glitch or part of one.

I am relating my experience here so TL can evaluate my experience to see if or where it fits within the Glitch which this thread was started to address. I am not relating my experience here so non TL people can complain about me here.

I have an extra Sparkling Egg that I can't hatch like the very rare extra drop of a Dragon Egg from the Roost, and I feel it was unfair to continue to provide the Adventure to players who for whatever reason, be it speeding with gems like I did or by buying an egg they couldn't get to drop after a reasonable number of adventures, beyond the time when the quest is/was complete for that individual. To me it seems misleading to leave an Adventure and the ability to craft materials only usable by that Adventure, once the quest is finished for that person and is removed from their Quest Book.

I also question if it could be a glitch that such an excellent Adventure that has a much requested shorter turnaround time actually was removed on Sunday. Could it have been planned to keep this Adventure available and that the removal of it on Sunday might have been part of the Glitch?

I am not the only one sitting on at least one unhatchable Dragon egg, plenty of hatching materials, and no way to hatch it. I have some concern that there are valuable dragon eggs sitting in inventories, but unable to be hatched at the Forge like regular Dragon Eggs or Manticore Eggs. While I am probably in the minority of those who loved this quest, even I see some major inconsistencies in how the quest played out, both for me and some of my neighbors who missed getting three dragons despite putting forth extraordinary effort.

I have a good amount of materials tied up in quest materials for this adventure that disappeared without warning on Sunday. I will leave it to TL to decide if any of my experience is related to the Glitch.

Thanks TL!

i did the same thing, I continued to make materials for the Pyrne caves and then it was suddenly gone. I did not look at the forums, which is my own fault. However, I had decided not to so I could enjoy the goals without knowing what I needed to prepare for the next steps. In this case, that was an error and I am disappointed that there wasn't a timer on the adventure shown when you sent your knights out for that adventure.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast