Thread: Show requested troops, even if sender has none.

Show requested troops, even if sender has none.

There's got to be a way to let alliance members know what troops you are requesting when they don't have any of them. They need to know not to send anything they feel like when they can't see any highlighted troop. The problem I'm trying to resolve is getting my portal stuffed with things I don't want, from people who either don't speak the language used in chat... Or don't see the pleas to stop sending wrong stuff!! Put that in the updates hopper and see what your programmers can do.

Fashion Designer
    This should be an easy fix and I don't see why it hasn't been implemented.
    Another option would be to make it NECESSARY to mark at least one preference.
    Right now, when we see a blank request, we don't know whether there really is no preference or whether the preferred troop is simply absent from our army post. Many players are assuming that there is no preference and are encouraging others to do likewise.
    I am constantly urging people to mark their preference and almost always get a response like "Just send archers if it's not marked." Problem is -- there's no way to tell that it's truly not marked unless you have every single troop type in your army post (a terribly low probability).

Please just make the preferences visible, regardless of whether we have the troop. And while you're at it, give us the option to refuse a donation or to selectively discard individual troops from the portal.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    This should be an easy fix and I don't see why it hasn't been implemented.
    Another option would be to make it NECESSARY to mark at least one preference.
    Right now, when we see a blank request, we don't know whether there really is no preference or whether the preferred troop is simply absent from our army post. Many players are assuming that there is no preference and are encouraging others to do likewise.
    I am constantly urging people to mark their preference and almost always get a response like "Just send archers if it's not marked." Problem is -- there's no way to tell that it's truly not marked unless you have every single troop type in your army post (a terribly low probability).

Please just make the preferences visible, regardless of whether we have the troop. And while you're at it, give us the option to refuse a donation or to selectively discard individual troops from the portal.
    Excelente Idea!!!

Fashion Designer
    Can anyone confirm whether this feature has been fixed?
    I just saw a request where airships were highlighted, even though I no longer had any in my army post or even in my barracks queue.
    I had been running an experiment for the past few days. I would train ALL of the troop types, keeping at least one of each in my army posts. My observations, moving through several alliances and donating to very active players, were that many people simply do not bother to mark preferences.
    But if we can now see preferences we don't have, I can happily get rid of the Indara, Undead, Dragon, Knight, Mage, Airships, Summoner and Assassin that are wasting space in my experimental army posts. LOL