Thread: Time Travel

Host(ess)

Time Travel

I am exhausted from forging swords and armour for my knights, and then having to reprimand them for their poor egg finding abilities. I have ruined my manicure searching for seeds and shards so I can get inscriptions for Belladonna. And so, last night, to get away from it all, I asked my husband to load castle story on his iPad and I made a brand new kingdom. I have made my way up to level 6.

I had forgotten how the story started - it was fun to travel back and relive the early adventures. They seemed easy, except without the inventory and all of the resource buildings, it's a lot of work just to get the 3 blocks and 3 beams needed to build a mine.

Because the game crashed just as I was starting, I am a male adventurer this time (I assume my finger slipped). It is a little weird to see this different avatar running around. I am used to my plucky female hero.

I seem to recall getting that first neighbour to reply to a request was very hard. This time I assumed it would be easy, since I sent the request to myself. Of course, the young 'uns on the game now have Stormie - he responded to me before I did.

In my day we had to quest for every little thing. The quests were long, and involved walking barefoot for miles through drifts of snow, as I recall. Now if you want a reindeer stable or a harvest pergola, you just buy one. It was strange to see them lined up in the marketplace. You young 'uns don't know how good you've got it!

Travelling back to the beginning and then looking at my level 45 kingdom gave me a huge appreciation of all of the work that has gone into this game. I decided it would be better if I didn't add up how much I have spent on gems, since I remember the old days when a good computer game for the PC cost $79.98 and once you mastered it (sometimes in a week if you were really committed) you lost interest. It has been more than two years for me with Castle Story, and even with my ragged fingernails and sore back, I am still interested!

Executive Chef
    Very cool, thanks for sharing!
    Y'know...you can easily change your avatar on your profile page (by clicking the level star in top left)... Unless you just get a kick out of walking around as a boy. That might be fun, too lol.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Y'know...you can easily change your avatar on your profile page (by clicking the level star in top left)... Unless you just get a kick out of walking around as a boy. That might be fun, too lol.
    I know I can theoretically change him, but what if all those things people report in other threads are true, and not coincidence or superstition? What if I change my avatar and by doing so doom myself to never, ever, ever finish a quest? I can't take the risk!

Executive Chef
    LOL!!! ... As long as it's not when the aliens are visiting ( big light flash), you should be awight.
    But just in case, go around in circles 3x, run over Old Thomas and chop a tree.
    Then you're good to go.