Thread: So I bought the forge and...

Rhino Keeper

So I bought the forge and...

... very dissapointed. 120000 coins and I found it almost useless.

It turns out that you need copper and a plank to build a pickaxe or a spade. And it takes 8 hours.

I thought I was going to be able to complete these train orders that asks for 8 golden nuggets or 5 rings by building spades and digging in the mine but at the price of 1 copper nugget and 1 plank per spade and 8 hours of building time that is going to be impossible.

So I spent 120000 coins and I have to dig for copper to make spades, and when i run out of planks I cannot use the forge any more for making spades until I get more planks.

Then, if you use the spade to dig in the mine, and if you are lucky you have 2 items, if very lucky you have 3 but if you are unlucky you only get 1 copper nugget and you feel like you have thrown a plank down the river.

I am at level 35, btw, I hope you can use the forge for something more profitable at higher levels.

Yeah, I know I can also make screws, nails and hammers, but those go for 3 copper nuggets and a hammer each.

Executive Chef
    It is very useless! We can make tools, yes. But for one we have to use hammers and boards. We need boards for the barn. For another we need another tool, that's needed for expansions. It's too expensive and it's use of previous tools seems redundant. I used to make a bunch of nails and screws but realized I needed boards more than I did them. It's insanity!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm level 41 and still haven't bought the forge. Like you said, I need wood and hammers just as much as nails and screws. I may buy it down the road if I have a surplus of money, but I don't see that happening too soon!

Farm Supplier
    That stinks, but thanks for posting. I won't waste my coins on the forge, I'll keep saving for the sushi shop instead.

I need plank but can't find any to buy is there an site? An farm that has it..? Wear to go? Help

Fashion Designer
    Yeah, I've found it almost completely useless, too.
    Requirements are too high, but at the very least, we should be able to use regular wood & not have to use a plank that are needed for upgrading buildings. I've probably made a dozen tools & am at a pretty high level (just got the ice cream maker, so idk, level 53?), which if you consider the purchase price of the building, outs each tool at a cost of 10,000 coins.

Definitely do NOT buy the forge until you have lots of coins to spare!!! And even then, maybe skip it!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by june0563 View Post
    I need plank but can't find any to buy is there an site? An farm that has it..? Wear to go? Help
    You can sometimes find them in the trading post, but they can be tough to find. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nicxole View Post
    I'm level 41 and still haven't bought the forge. Like you said, I need wood and hammers just as much as nails and screws. I may buy it down the road if I have a surplus of money, but I don't see that happening too soon!
    I wish I'd know all this before I spent all my coins buying it! I have never used it to do anything except collect sparkles from!

Rhino Keeper
    I used the forge to speed up the rate I could increase the size of my barn and silo. It cut days and weeks off the time I would have waited for screw and nail drops or sales.