Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Farm Story 2? Here are a few basic hints and tips...

Farm Supplier
    on the feed mill - go for the second one as soon as you see it, because once you level up, the price skyrockets

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kc4388 View Post
    on the feed mill - go for the second one as soon as you see it, because once you level up, the price skyrockets
    doesn't the price go with the number of feed mills and not your level?

fully agree with the cocoa trees. I Wish I only bought bought 4 but at the beginning i Was always needing it but now these stay in the trees.

Do not buy picks using gems even when you need the mine things. Use gems for paint.

Rhino Keeper
    btw, it has been a month since i last saw the bottom of my juicer, feed mills and dairies. i just make stuff but getting only what i need. at a certain point, the game prevents me from making stuff and that's when i get supplies and sell these off. it helps me manage storage.

Can anyone tell me how to feed the dogs, I have only been able to use the bell and feed one of my 2 dogs once, that was a week ago, since then the bell is greyed out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by gidget2014 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to feed the dogs, I have only been able to use the bell and feed one of my 2 dogs once, that was a week ago, since then the bell is greyed out.
    You need to collect from them before you can feed them. Wave the bucket over your pets. You will need to do this every five hours.

Quote Originally Posted by yppahc View Post
    Good tips, but remember differing playing styles...

so for me acquiring xp is the problem

...ps I have been able to buy the second studio for a while and I am level 38.
    Hello all. (add MightySoul97, if you wish :-) if not, that's great too) I thought I'd chime in on this one. For beginners, the fastest way to level up is to plant what. You get xp every time you harvest crops. So I just plant the fastest growing crop over and over. When your silo is full, fill your flour mill, cow feed, biscuits, and/or all your other 'requires only wheat' items, then use the market and sell or discard as normal.

I have a question though. The kid in the tree house wants to play with me, and I keep getting told to help merriweather. I've heard that this is a feature only offered to players with fruitPhones, but I don't have one. I use Android. So how do I help Merriweather? Also, if the game is different on fruitPhones, is there an app that will imitate a different OS? I think they're called simulators or emulators or...something....

Oh HEY! I have ADHD and as you may have noticed, I get sidetracked easily. LOL! Try out my Wheat Planting strategy and enjoy leveling up a lot faster :-D I was going to say something else, but I forgot. When you guys are writing on someone's wall, do you have to remember to SPACE between your words, or is it just my Swype keyboard? hey look a squirrel!

P.S. Thank you everyone for the great tips and ideas.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with the flax. Grow flax if you can visit every 30 min or pepper every 1 h. But my best advise it to look at each of your building and really look which item will be the most profitable.

Take the Chocolatier for example. Of all the thing you can make the chocolate bar if the best. It take 1h, sells super fast, and take few easy items to make. While the others items take longer, take a lot of secondary items, such as white sugar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. At the end of the day of the 4 items I have the simple bar is the best one possible.

Now the fryer, of all the items egg with toast has been the best for me. Again sells quick and uses uses simple items. Itried both potato and cheesy jalapeno and they didnt sell as quick and needed more time consuming items.

I could go on and on with the other building but really each building has that simple items great profit choice. Right now I have 4 of each animal and its enough but I do which I could get another Dairy and Pigs since I make pep pizza and cheese non stop, plus 3 cats. I usually have to buy some milk and bacon of each a day.

And of the buildings the only Im not using is the bakery, bread doesnt seem to sell all the well for me but now I got the lemon trees and I plan on making the lemon pie, considering it only take the trouble of making white sugar and has a high selling price, I plan on making at least 5 a day. And the juicer is another Im not using. Tomato juice doesnt sell and growing pepper is a pain. Im waiting to see if any of the other juices will be better.

Another tip. If you get the jewelsmith then get the forge. go on a newspaper spree and buy picks, they do sell them, on one night I got 25. Then just use the iron and a wood plank, which can be found often for sale and make picks or shovels. I you really take the time you can have a working forge and jewesmith production tree a few time a day. One thing I will recommend, DONT MAKE gold rings, save the gold for the ruby necklace. You can find rubies in the newspaper. Right now I have 7, only 1 which I found and I sold another 2 before deciding to save them. The thing is that those rings dont sell for that much more than the earrings so its better to save the gold for the really good stuff.

One more thing, when you put items for sale always put the below market price, at leat 5 to 10c. In the news paper you will be competing with people who put at market price or over that. You want to be the one that wins. Some items you can sale at full price, like fishes, papers, upgrade items, and mine stuff but from items created very few take at max or market price.
    Last edited by igottapi4; 03-10-15 at 09:02 AM.

Hi all when i buy gems my iPhone flashes like it just took a photo. Has this happened to anyone else?

Rhino Keeper
    Which is more profitable buying a second bait house or a forge?? Is the forge worth buying?? Thx for any info anyone can provide.

Most people are going to say the second bait shop I bet. I think it depends on how many deliveries you do though. It sounds weird, but I find myself using the forge more after I do a bunch of deliveries because I usually end up with a bunch of picks. You need the picks (or shovels) to get the raw materials for the forge. More than likely though, the bait shop will do you better, especially if you are looking for coins in the end. If you are wanting to upgrade your barn, silo, etc., the forge might be of benefit to you to get the hard to get parts. I'm glad I got my forge, since we already have one bait shop, it just made more sense to me to get the forge for diversification. With that said, I did get mine during the building sale which saved a bundle.

If you need it, below is the breakdown of what you need for forge items. It may help with your decision

All craft times are 8 hours:
    Pick - 1 Iron, 1 Board
    Shovel - 1 Iron, 1 Board
    Nail - 3 Iron, 1 Hammer
    Screw - 3 Iron, 1 Hammer
    Hammer - 3 Iron, 1 Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast