Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Farm Story 2? Here are a few basic hints and tips...

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you, very helpful 😆

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhgohawks View Post
    Most people are going to say the second bait shop I bet. I think it depends on how many deliveries you do though. It sounds weird, but I find myself using the forge more after I do a bunch of deliveries because I usually end up with a bunch of picks. You need the picks (or shovels) to get the raw materials for the forge. More than likely though, the bait shop will do you better, especially if you are looking for coins in the end. If you are wanting to upgrade your barn, silo, etc., the forge might be of benefit to you to get the hard to get parts. I'm glad I got my forge, since we already have one bait shop, it just made more sense to me to get the forge for diversification. With that said, I did get mine during the building sale which saved a bundle.

If you need it, below is the breakdown of what you need for forge items. It may help with your decision

All craft times are 8 hours:
    Pick - 1 Iron, 1 Board
    Shovel - 1 Iron, 1 Board
    Nail - 3 Iron, 1 Hammer
    Screw - 3 Iron, 1 Hammer
    Hammer - 3 Iron, 1 Board
    Thanks, very helpful 😇

Executive Chef
    My advice is to open as many slots in your market as soon as possible, and keep your market stocked. This makes you show up higher on your neighbors farm market lists, and have a better chance of selling things quicker. If you only have a few slots, you are way down at the bottom, or even off the list of markets showing. You make most of your money from the market, most Xp points from deliveries. I had to stop deliveries almost, so I could save up coins to buy buildings.
    If you are on an apple device, expand to treehouse as soon as possible. You can win 3 free gifts per day there, and exclusive pets or other prizes if you want to spend gems for more darts.
    Buy a pet if possible, or buy enough darts to win one (Cheaper)! The pets often drop tools, gems or hard to find items.
    Expand to mine as soon as possible. You can sell metals easily, and sometimes find gems or tools.
    Train deliveries are easier when you are higher level, they ask for 8 or more of each item, and usually at least one is difficult to make or buy. You have a limited amount of time to fill the order. When you can complete them, they give you gems, coins, xp and sometimes tools or other hard to find items.
    That's what I've figured out so far. I've only been playing since Easter, so I'm still learning, too! Good luck!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    My advice is to open as many slots in your market as soon as possible, and keep your market stocked. This makes you show up higher on your neighbors farm market lists, and have a better chance of selling things quicker. If you only have a few slots, you are way down at the bottom, or even off the list of markets showing. You make most of your money from the market, most Xp points from deliveries. I had to stop deliveries almost, so I could save up coins to buy buildings.
    If you are on an apple device, expand to treehouse as soon as possible. You can win 3 free gifts per day there, and exclusive pets or other prizes if you want to spend gems for more darts.
    Buy a pet if possible, or buy enough darts to win one (Cheaper)! The pets often drop tools, gems or hard to find items.
    Expand to mine as soon as possible. You can sell metals easily, and sometimes find gems or tools.
    Train deliveries are easier when you are higher level, they ask for 8 or more of each item, and usually at least one is difficult to make or buy. You have a limited amount of time to fill the order. When you can complete them, they give you gems, coins, xp and sometimes tools or other hard to find items.
    That's what I've figured out so far. I've only been playing since Easter, so I'm still learning, too! Good luck!
    jim is dead on with his advice. It took me awhile to figure out, but you will go through different needs throughout the game. Sometimes you just need coins to get a building, other times you want xp to level up. I find I get more done and I am far less frustrated when I focus. If I need coins, all items go to the market and I ignore almost all deliveries. Right now I am trying to level up so I am all deliveries. When you split it, the progress can still be there, but it is slow and frustrating.

I know it has a bad reputation, but I really like the balloon. I have gotten three pets from it and pets are really critical for sucess in this game in my opinion. I give 2 of each of the "more difficult items" and then load up on the easy item that is grown in the plots. I love it when it is potatoes because I can grown them fast and get the ticket from the balloon quick. You don't make much money, and you don't get a pet every time, but it is usually pretty easy.

Executive Chef
    My advice - from what I've learned in the last few months I've played. Do play as you want, but this is just something I wish I would've done myself, maybe it can help you, also

Anyway.

One thing I wish I would've waited to do was expand to the Train. I personally wouldn't expand there until you have most of everything in the game. Weather that be buildings/animals, etc.

I've had the train for about a week now, and was only able to complete 1 whole train order.

Back to back, (even after discarding both) I was asked for truffle butter, twice. I'm only level 27, and to even get the truffles (or make them) you have to be at least level 30 - if not more. You can find truffle items (like pizza) every now and then being sold.

I've found truffle pizza on many occasions, but have never been able to find truffle butter yet. And since I was asked for it twice, I was doomed on being able to get or complete that part of the train order/request.

The little bronze bell(s) you can possibly get after completing a bus order

Since I'm an avid decorator, I like using what I can (or have) to decorate. The bronze bells, I wouldn't particularly use on the flags, like I may have in the past - they aren't decorations like I initially thought. Unless you need EXP, or want a particular boost to something - or won't collect from (to then use them for decoration pieces) they aren't particularly useful, at least not in comparison to the Salvage Yard. Especially if you're a newer player needing tools or expansion papers.

Also, with the trees, particularly the cocoa ones - I wish I would've only bought 4 maybe 5 of them, and not the full 8. I never really ever need them. Even being a level 27 player, I definitely don't need that many, even now. I need some for the bus orders every now and again, but I still don't need to collect from them every chance I get.

Don't let people try to make you undersell your stuff, especially your expansion papers or tools. Especially when you need the coins yourself. You'll not only be losing something you may need now, or even later, but you'll be losing coins also.

Also, if a neighbour asks you for too much, don't feel like you need to help them at every chance you get. Especially when they're asking you everyday , for items or stuff you still need, but more so when they're asking you for a bargain price for it or trying to negotiate a price cheaper than what it's worth.

Had it happen to me a few months ago, and regret it to this day.

Anyway. I definitely do recommend selling sugar cane, it sells fast, especially if you can get on every 40 minutes to every hour to then collect it - and then sell it.

I definitely would recommend selling it at market or even full price, because it really is an item of high demand. At least in my experience, or even making corn syrup, especially during events, it gets sold fast as well, and it at least makes 2,000 coins every 10 you sell.

Also getting and buying as many pigs as possible, I not only do or have done this, I would recommend this to all, if you can afford it also.

If you can buy as many pigs as you can, not only can it help with leaderboard points, but it can also bring in profit for you. You can also make it in pet food, but either way - it definitely helps buying as many pigs as you can.

Bacon sells fast in my market, because it can be made to make pet food - and if you've seen some farms, you definitely have seen people having a lot of pets.

Out of all animals to buy (in terms of pigs, chickens, cows etc) I definitely recommend buying more pigs first. Before buying more of the others.

I'm more of a decoration person, like I said, but if I could go back in time, I would wait to have bought all the decorations I did. Especially the coin ones. I had to discard multiple plane orders because I couldn't afford anything in the newspaper due to me spending my coins elsewhere.

I definitely would focus on quantity over quality of your farm, especially in the beginning of it. Because that's the time you really struggle getting or earning coins.

Do take what I say at your own choice(s) this is just what I wish I would've done, especially when I first started myself.

Also,

Don't use only 1 specific item to bring in or rack up profits, or at least don't solely rely on that. Especially when it comes down to easy-to-make (but slight expensive - even at market price) items.

And if you solely rely on one specific item or something to bring in profit, people won't need to buy it from you for a while. Which can make it sell more slowly. So make sure you have more than 1 particular item you're selling in to bring in said profit(s).
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 07-30-20 at 02:34 PM.

Executive Chef
    Also, while yes, this is an older thread, I thought I would just add to it, instead of making a newer one. Due to it being of or regarding this same subjects.

And so people can find it in one place, if that makes sense.

Executive Chef
    Advice;

Now having been up at 1am, almost 2am - I know the feeling of accidentally using gems now. Don't ever use or open the game while you're half awake/half tired - or when you're tired at all to the point you can barley keep your eyes open and concentrate.

As I was on the game, I was trying to harvest corn, but instead clicked on sugar cane (my sugar cane wasn't ready to collect from yet) that wasn't even done growing, and accidentally clicked speed up. It took 3 out of the 5 of my hard earned gems that I had gotten from them (very hard to complete, if I might add) train orders.

Luckily, I didn't need the gems THAT bad, but I still wanted them gems because I've been wanting a name change (cost 10 gems) lately.

Only good news is the fact that I can come up with better names to change my farm to, until I can gather up enough gems again.

As I didn't really have a name planned yet. But regardless, and moral of the story, don't use the game while you're tired and have gems on you that you're trying to save up/use. That is my advice.

what r u referring to: darts & balloon

Executive Chef
    Profit for IOS user.

I was just thinking of something, my tip for newer IOS players, or something I could pass onto people who may use iOS and is looking for a profit, is by sending buses out every chance you get. It helps get you leaderboard points, and gets you a cowbell ranging from silver, gold or bronze. Once you get 3 gold and have access to a bait shop/maker, unlock the golden lure first with them 3 gold cowbells. To make the golden lure it requires (1) of each, 1 silver cowbell, 1 gold, and 1 anchovy. If you get a lot of silver from your buses, you can use them to make the lure and get profit from it.

For just 10 golden lures at full price, it gives 5k coins. It may not be a massive amount, but it's a somewhat easier way to make profit. As it doesn't require to much to make the lure, and it does usually get bought often.

Or you could also just make the golden lure for yourself and your own usage, and catch lots of fish at a time with it. I remember a specific time where I caught 8 tuna or even 12 salmon. It ranges, though a bit of advice is the actual fish, once you sell it, doesn't get bought that often. Especially during events, though you would make more coins this way if you actually caught the fish with said golden lure. (Bots will eventually buy it) As per 10 salmon at full price gives you about 2k+ coins. And if you're lucky, you can catch 10 salmon with just 1 golden lure.

It can go both ways, but I do highly recommend to unlock the golden lure if your goal is to make profit in one way or the other. Regardless of how you may go about the golden lure, weather you plan on making it for yourself or making it for other players.

(I only specify and say IOS users as the bus and cowbells isn't available to/for Android players)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123