Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: black Diamond 05-23-2014

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIELD14;
    Originally Posted by shield14
    I bought a Diamond Temple with hope that it will finally bring me luck in breeding,
    so far I've got: Wizard, Wizard, Water, Coral, Water, Wizard, Water, Water, Water, Night (finally I have a first rare dragon in 3 months), Coral and again started all over with Wizard in the nest.
    Breeding pair is Diamond/Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    You can avoid having Water, Magic, Peacock, Night or Night Elf by using a hybrid instead of pairing pure diamond with pure black.
    The following pairs will eliminate most or all of those pure-color fails:
    Diamond & Deep
    Diamond & Illusion
    Anubis & a pure black (Night, Night Elf, Lotus, or Raven)
    Mercury & a pure black (Night, Night Elf, Lotus, or Raven)
    Note: You CAN still get Night Elf as a fail from Anubis paired with a pure black, because the black and purple are on opposite sides of the den. The other pairs I mentioned are clear - no pure black, pure purple or pure blue will result.
    I appreciate your help but my problem is that I don't have ANY of the black hybrids, I have only Lotus and Night in the nest.
    As for the Diamond hybrids I have only regular Quetzal, Crusader and Infinity.
    therefore I can't use your suggested pairings

Moreover, FINALLY I figured it out how this this Temple thing works: it says that it increases your breeding chances by sixfold.
    Based on my breeding history for the last 3 months the results were only commons, no rares, super rares or ultras.
    It means my chances are 0
    0x6=0
    THANX TL !!!!
    Last edited by shield14; 05-29-14 at 03:29 PM.

Fashion Designer
    still trying for this dragon. last fails:

water
    coral
    coral
    mistmooth
    coral
    aether
    anubis

Executive Chef
    I just got Black Diamond. It took several dozen breedings - mostly Coral, a few wizard and a couple of other misc. things (illusion and such). No dark angel, no Anubis, no mercury, no celestial. But a Black Diamond is ok!

I wish it were a bit more attractive. The black diamonds I bought for my wife were always dark, mysterious and gorgeous. This one has too much turquoise (poor quality stone). Won't complain though. I am very lucky,

I hope this helps the luck of someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post
    ... The black diamonds I bought for my wife were always dark, mysterious and gorgeous.
    ... but were they ALIVE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shield14 View Post
    Moreover, FINALLY I figured it out how this this Temple thing works: it says that it increases your breeding chances by sixfold.
    Based on my breeding history for the last 3 months the results were only commons, no rares, super rares or ultras.
    It means my chances are 0
    0x6=0
    THANX TL !!!!
    Lol... now it all makes sense!! I feel your pain. I seem to have zero chance too. Just bred another coral. I've shifted to the Deep x Diamond combo in the hopes of better luck with just a black diamond.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    Hah! A ray of sunshine in my cloudy morning!
    Attempt #7 -- Mercury & NightElf produced a 24-hour breed. Figuring it must be the green Arabian princess with the diamond-studded veil, I sped it up when a nest became available 2 hours later. If I get nothing else, I will have invested 122 gold for Black Diamond. Not too shabby.
    But now my 8th attempt (same pair) is doing a 40-hour dance. OMG! It has to be Anubis!
    Yeah, I'm wearing a ship-eating grin right about now.
    I don't care whether it's temple mojo or dumb luck; I'm happy. Now if I can bag Dark Angel, Unicorn & Helios, I'll be ecstatic!
    Thank you so much!! I tried your combo after seeing your post, and unfortunately over the past few days I've wasted so much money on gold, but I tried your combo and got it on my fourth try!!! Thanks for posting your combo it worked!! Gl for everyone else trying to get this!

Been getting nothing but Coral fails, one after another, but at least today's fail is leading to a Celestial.

Once egg pops out it's back to Mercury + Night for more Coral fails

Rhino Keeper
    Just got it with Dark Angel and Deep.. �� good luck everyone..

The Honorable Panda
    Finally!!!! Got it with Lotus and Anubis (had about 7 fails)

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Diamond temple definitely works. Finally got it, with Anubis and mercury fails. Used dark angel and water