Page 1 of 279 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 05/22/2014 EVENT: Infiltrate The Pyre Caverns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Post Castle Story: 05/22/2014 EVENT: Infiltrate The Pyre Caverns

Hi All,

We hope the teaser last week got you excited! Today is the start of the dragon event we hinted towards last month!

1) Infiltrate the Pyre Caverns
    -Available to players Level 28+
    -Event runs from 05/22/2014 - 06/01/2014
    -Collect all 3 Dragon Eggs from the Caverns!
    -If you obtain a Dragon Egg you will have unlimited time to hatch it
    -There will be Limited Time steps during the hatching process
    ***NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE LIMITED TIMED QUESTS TO CONTINUE. HOWEVER, COMPLETING THEM QUEST WILL GET YOU AHEAD.

Quest Titles:
    Ice, Ice, Baby
    Out Of The Frying Pan...
    Dragon Eggs (Completing this will unlock 3 Quests: The Pyre Egg, The Ultramarine Egg, and The Sparkling Egg)

Quest Titles for the Flare Dragon:
    The Pyre Egg
    Hot Potato!
    Highly Combustible
    Hot And Heavy
    Pop The Water, I'm Sweating!
    Drop It Like It's Hot
    All Fired Up
    Pyre Crystals
    Stop, Drop, And Roll

Quest Titles for the Matrix Dragon:
    The Ultramarine Egg
    Nose Goes!
    True Love To Melt The Ice
    All Gold Everything
    Learned It From Dragon Story
    Not Now, But Right Now
    Water Birthing

Quest Titles for the Bijou Dragon:
    The Sparkling Egg
    Jewel Absorber
    Like Diamonds In The Sky
    What Came First?
    Why Am I Here?
    Baron's Charm Knows No Bounds
    Scrooge McBaron
    The Bribe

We hope you guys enjoy it! Glimmergate and I are excited this event is finally getting released!
    -Aggwynn and Glimmergate
    Last edited by Aggwynn; 05-22-14 at 09:58 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    edit (KP) - 6-2-14

See Specific thread for Egg Glitch

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....l=1#post912161

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    In case you have not read the recent posts, there seem to be an issue with the quests.
    It has been reported.
    It is the weekend, so we may not hear anything back until tomorrow.
    The mods will keep you updated as soon as we hear back.

Edit (maguar)

1. Ice,Ice Baby
    * Craft Ice Brand - (1 Longsword, 1 Enchanter Essence, 1 Mithril, 10 minutes in forge)
    * Craft Dragon Armor - (1 Light Armor, 1 Dragon Scale, 1 Vital Extract, 10 minutes in forge)
    Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP

2. Out if the Frying Pan
    * Infiltrate the Pyre Caverns adventure
    - 3 hrs from keep
    - 6 hours from barracks
    - 1 Ice sword, 1 Dragon armor, 1000 gold
    Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP

3. Dragon Eggs
    * Open the Treasure Trove x 1 (place on map and chop, 1HP)
    Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP, unlock quest chains for The Pyre Egg, The Ultramarine Egg, The Sparkling Egg

Ice brands and dragon armour cost 8 gems each through the keep

Adventure Reported Drops
    treasure trove, Longsword, wisp lantern, pyre crystals, dragon eggs, dragon scales, prime cuts, light armour, energy (so far seen 5-20), apple pie, prime cuts, gems

Treasure Trove Reported Drops
    Jewels, mithril, large diamond, wisp lantern, silver ore, breaded fish, sweet feast, iron ore, glimmer pitcher plant, yellow dye, large diamond, gems, fertiliser, expansion permit, hearty feast, wooden beam, grits, gems, mithril, glimmer rafflesia plant, adamant, golden egg, golden apple, golden nugget, energy, coins, faerie murmur, floral glow, simple glue, wood, bacon, red dye, fancy block, stone block, ornate beam, stone, mushroom, living wood, fur, fey crystal, energy, sap, Glimmerdust, apple, blue petal, prime cut, simple glue, dragon scale, glimmer shard, bread

FAQ

Q.: Event Ending Time

Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    June 1, 4AM PST
    You can use this Time Zone Converter to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the TL time zone (PST).

Looks like adventures sent before the expiry time, but collected afterwards, still have a chance to find the egg. However! The quests themselves ("get the ultramarine egg") will have expired, so you won't be able to start them =/

I would plan on having all your Adventures collected before the quests expire.

Q. Do I have to do the timed portions?

Exactly! Completing the timed portions of each egg's questline will speed up the process of hatching them, but as long as you have the egg, eventually you'll be able to hatch it.
    Q. What are the chances of getting an egg?

There is not an equal chance of getting each egg. Each egg has a different rarity.
    Also, all 3 eggs drop independently of each other. Whether or not you have one does not affect your chances of getting the others.
    So if you have an unhatched egg of one type it won't prevent you from getting an egg of a different type.

Though we don't have the loot system improvements we want yet, we took great pains this time around to try and guarantee that players will get at least 1 egg before the time runs out, if they are able to do the adventure at least once a day. We're monitoring feedback to make sure that this is the case. Remember that it's only day 1! There's lots of time left.

Getting all 3 eggs is a tall order, meant to challenge you lv. 50 players with lots of resources and an advanced game.
    Q. I haven't had any egg drop. Is there something I need to do first?

You do in fact need to chop the treasure trove in order to see the dragon egg drops. For players who aren't active in the forum, it just doesnt make sense to have them drop before they even know the eggs exist!
    You only need to chop 1 trove to start getting the chance for the eggs to drop. The eggs will drop from the adventure not the troves.

Q. How do I get [resource]?

If you have the resources, the jeweler's trade in the royal exchange has a 50% chance to drop Mithril and is probably the fastest way to get it!

The Large Diamonds from the Treasure Troves can in fact be used to hatch the dragon from the Forgotten Roost... I don't want to give too much away but if you're debating whether or not to use it for that purpose, I'd recommend going for it
    Note: the above bit is for the people who have a dragon egg and are up to the raw materials quest (needs diamond, Golden Fleece and burning ember)

Hmm, the polaris adventures should have a 100% chance to drop forever snow (either 8, 10, or 12 of it). are you certain that you did not get any snow?
    Seeds: conservatories, faerie respite, magic garden, Ivy's hut, goddess tree
    Conservatory: 15 red petals, & 5ish super glue, fancy beams & fancy blocks to build,2 hour collection time

Quote Originally Posted by claupu View Post
    I was wondering that as well. You can get jewels from the Mines (Sparkling and Deep), Sabina's House, the Jeweler, Toll Vault, Rock Croppings, Iron Rich Rock, Dark Cave Formation (20 gems), crafting in the Magic Forge and I'm sure I forgot sth.
    So building several Jewels may help, chopping down Rocks like mad and crafting will be my choices and -naturally- collecting from the above buildings. Oh I forgot the Treasure Troves!
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    It's possible, but may require a little planning. For one, wait until after 1st of june to move on with this, or until you have all 3 eggs.
    - Be sure you are maxed on jewels when you start.
    - Make sure you can collect from your mines all day long for two days.
    - If you can, buy more jewelllers.
    - Remember to collect from Sabinas house.
    - Do adventures to the ancient vault, have it ready to collect when you start the quest. This adventure usually drops jewels.
    - Save your treasure troves until you need them, they contain lots of jewels.
    - Chop all kinds of rocks and deep cave formations.
    - Ask you friends to start sending you jewels, don't collect your gifts for 6/7 days until you start the quest. The system usually saves your incoming gifts for a week or up to a maximum of 20. This alone should give you 18/20 jewels ready to collect.
    - If you have the 4th shard and have allowed your coal supply to build up again, you can craft jewels in the magic forge.
    - You can do exchanges with Belladonna, this usually gives you jewels.
    - Collect from sir piggy and your regular dragon(s).

All in all I think it's very doable and you don't even need to do everything on the list to get all 200 jewels.
    Q. If I get all the dragons will I still have the adventure?

The adventure will stick around until 6/01, even if you've gotten all 3 eggs and hatched them.
    Q. Can I get more than 1 of each egg?

You can only hold 1 of each egg in your inventory. It is possible to get another egg once you've hatched a dragon. It is only possible to hatch more than one of the ultramarine dragons (provided you don't complete the water birthing goal, ie don't feed baby dragon)

Q. Will skipping the egg goals give me the egg?

Skipping these goals for 200 gems will give you the egg (so you don't have to rely on them randomly dropping from the adventures)

Q. If I have the egg and the 10 days expires will I still be able to do the quests for the egg?

They will never expire once you have the egg. The timed portions of the quests will expire if you don't complete them in time, but the quests themselves are designed so that even if you miss every timed portion, as long as you have the egg, you will be able to hatch it.
    Q.what are the feed/collect times for the dragons?

Baby dragons get hungry every hour. It takes them 20 feeds before they grow up. Adult dragons are ready to give their gifts every 22 hours.

Last edited by kooky panda; 06-02-14 at 02:09 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggwynn View Post
    Ice,Ice Baby
    Craft Ice Brand
    1 Longsword
    1 Enchanter Essence
    1 Mithril

Craft Dragon Armor
    1 Light Armor
    1 Dragon Scale
    1 Vital Extract

10 minute craft time

Next step is adventure to pyre caves: 1 new sword, 1 new armor, 3 hrs.

New adventure from castle and barracks:
    Infiltrate the Pyre Caverns 3 hrs
    1 Ice sword, 1 Dragon armor, 1000 gold

Barracks is 6 hours

After first adventure you have to do back there a few times to get the egg so keep making ice sword/dragon armor (adventure still there after you get egg)

Hot Potato!
    Give 80 stone
    Give 50 Wood
    Place egg (click Button)

Highly Combustible
    Give 50 Wool

Unlocks the 3 quests now

Quest 1
    The Sparking Egg (Timed 10 days (Right now))

Obtain Egg from Pyre Cavern

Quest 2
    The Ultramarine Egg (Timed 10 days (Right now))
    Obtain Egg from Pyre Cavern

Quest 3
    Hot and Heavy (QUEST TIMER IS 8 HOURS -- You need 100 Coal)
    Give 100 Coal

Quest 3 chain:

Give the 100 coal

Place the Egg (hit button)

Drop it like its hot: NOT TIMED
    Give 30 sap
    Give 60 wood
    Give more Coal 30

All Fired up: NOT TIMED
    Give 40 Fish
    Give 10 Butterfish
    Give 10 Catfish

Pyre Crystals: Not TImed
    Give 100 Pyre Crystals

The Ultramarine EGG:

Nose Goes! TIMED QUEST 2 days
    Adventure to Polaris North x4

True love to melt the ice: no timer
    50 forever snow (from Polaris North adventure at first then only in in royal exchange once you start this step for 3 gingerbread man & 3 hot chocolate) (you get trade ticket plus multiple snow per exchange)
    Click Build

All GOld Everything:
    Give 200 jewels (not typo)
    Give 100 Silver
    Give 100 Ore
    Give 5 gold nuggets

Learned it from Dragon Story (not timed)
    15 Lapis (from deep sea adventure in castle)
    Click Place

Not Now, But Right now:
    10 water (none of this is typos)
    50 water
    100 water
    200 water

The Sparkling Egg:

Jewel Adsorber:
    Give 50 jewels
    give 50 silver
    Give 2 adamant

Like Diamonds in the Sky:
    Give 5 large diamonds (from Treasure troves or deep mines, you get 1 trove per pyre adventure... 1 time use each)

What came first:
    Click Place
    Click Place

Why am I here? 24 hour time limit don't start if you don't have 500k
    Give 500,000 gold

Barons charm knows no Bounds
    50 Prime cuts
    50 Truffles
    1 golden apple

Scrooge McBaron
    pay 40000
    give 40 jewels
    give 40 glimmerdust
    give 40 silver ore
    give 2 golden nuggets
    give 2 fey crystals
    give 20000 goins
    Yay! Thanks for putting it all together on the first page :-)

Cool The Pyre Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    Yay! Thanks for putting it all together on the first page :-)
    I didn't get any of those smaller quests that were supposed to be in this challenge. And I didn't get the third egg, and I got one egg twice but it won't let me hatch it. I feel like I got *****ed on this one! All I got was the main quests for the dragon eggs, I didn't get any of the minor quests.

Rhino Keeper
    1. Ice,Ice Baby

2. Out if the Frying Pan
    * Infiltrate the Pyre Caverns adventure
    - 3 hrs from keep
    - 6 hours from barracks
    - 1 Ice sword, 1 Dragon armor, 1000 gold

Drops - treasure trove, Longsword, wisp lantern, pyre crystals, pry egg

After first adventure you have to do back there a few times to get the egg so keep making ice sword/dragon armor (adventure still there after you get egg)
    Wait a minute, she's not posting that it drops dragon scales. Hmm...I wonder if it only drops for the lucky ones.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    Wait a minute, she's not posting that it drops dragon scales. Hmm...I wonder if it only drops for the lucky ones.
    Those notes are written by a moderator and not by Aggwynn, and they're collected from information from the community
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsocks View Post
    Those notes are written by a moderator and not by Aggwynn, and they're collected from information from the community
    I've edited the posts to make it clearer the info is from the mods. There's a lot of info flying around so it's taken a little while to collate everything. Just a note that some of the quests may actually be time limited but not flagged as such yet, eg drop it like it's hot was reported as not time but it is on mine so I've flagged it.
    Last edited by maguar; 05-22-14 at 02:21 PM.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

New Resident
    How do get the dragon scales to craft the dragon armor?

Rhino Keeper
    Edit (maguar)

3. Dragon Eggs
    * Open the Treasure Trove x 1 (place on map and chop, 1HP)
    Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP, unlock quest chains for The Pyre Egg, The Ultramarine Egg, The Sparkling Egg

Pictures of the Pyre and Ultramarine Eggs for reference:

Pyre Egg:

Ultramarine Egg:

Edit - added to the front page
    Last edited by maguar; 05-22-14 at 11:33 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Me too! It's prolly too soon to ask, but what happens if you don't get all/any of the eggs? This is a random drop thing, so it is possible that someone could adventure continuously for the next 10 days and come up bupkus. What happens then?
    Much sadness happens. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Three dragon eggs, hmm, let us just be grateful we don't have to walk into the funeral pyre of our husband and hatch the eggs on our laps while our clothes burn off. Although then we could be Khaleesi's......
    He was not the last dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    At the moment I am too busy finding mushrooms for the vital extract, my weak point.
    I lucked out on the mushrooms as I was saving up for trading with Belladonna. This will delay that...but that will be around forever, so I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zalzabar View Post
    How do get the dragon scales to craft the dragon armor?
    I got 1 from the St Patrick's Day rainbow thingys, and then from my dragon. If you don't have a dragon there's lots of talk in this thread about how you can spend 5 gems to get the first quest going and then hope that you get dragon scales dropped from the next quests.

Quote Originally Posted by jasren View Post
    I stopped playing for a while, when on level thirty for a few months, and so I don't have Polaris adventure at all, nor hot chick or gingerbread men in kitchen. I'm up to past grezelda and troll tribe, level 44, but without those will I still be able to do second egg goals? Will Polaris adventure and hot choc etc pop up once I find aquamarine egg??? I hope so cos I don't want to skip with gems. Had 18 mithril I'd saved and crafted to get up to 20 for adamant goal, but I think I may use most if not all on this :/
    Btw- I only got mushrooms from my first treasure trove, and 4 crystals from adventure.... Hope the next is better .
    From post #4 on first page:
    Note: Polaris snow - from Polaris North adventure at first then only in in royal exchange
    *Trade with Polaris: Gingerbread x 3, Hot Chocolate x 3 (Royal Exchange, 3 Hrs)
    you get trade ticket plus multiple snow per exchange

*To Polaris North: Gingerbread x 3, Hot Chocolate x 3, Faerie Jars x 1 (8Hrs)
    **Gingerbread: Flour x 1, Sugar x 1, Eggs x 5 (Kitchen, 30mins)
    **Hot Chocolate: Milk x 5, Chocolates x 2 (Kitchen, 20mins)

Quote Originally Posted by eepopp View Post
    Pictures of the Pyre and Ultramarine Eggs for reference:
    Ultramarine Egg:
    SO PRETTY!!!!
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Page 1 of 279 123451151101 ... LastLast