Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Underworld Dragon Tournament (IOS)

Executive Chef
    So I got the glitch in my favour whilst walking between rooms, beat Celestial with Easter Egg after about 10 losses. Anubis came up immediately and of course I lost.

Congrats to all winners and better luck to those struggling every round like me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    Well we both know - and everyone else with a brain too ofc - that the game is set up to push players into spending gold (it is a business after all, and not a game they created for players pleasure first hand) but what's really interesting is when we start wondering if certain accounts are better off and other are set up with a worse "luck template"....or if it's just about random luck all over the board sort of..? I think it would be super-interesting knowing the mechanics behind it all - but ofc they'll never even give hints about it, quite naturally.

As for the ongoing tournament i'm noticing myself getting more and more casual - forgetting to play, so when i remember i must take shortcuts by using Ultimates and speeding up things... DS is so NOT for casual playing lol - well, unless wanting to spend lotsa gold that is I've used up smthn like 75-80 gold so far this tournament, and have i think 3 rounds left still....all in all not unusual tournament stats in any way for many players.

I'd love to know how they do it but I don't think that they are going to tell us I suspect there is a "luck template" and it is preset which is why you see that some people never have to spend gold or have many losses and others have to spend gold and have multiple losses even as their inventories of dragons is expanding and getting better.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Congrats to all the people that got underworld! just got mine with razorback lvl 9 bmb. Now just gotta wait out this bubble dragon in my den (doubt its a CB...) and fortune dragon in nest... And I can put him out!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefoxcrystal View Post
    Congrats to all the people that got underworld! just got mine with razorback lvl 9 bmb. Now just gotta wait out this bubble dragon in my den (doubt its a CB...) and fortune dragon in nest... And I can put him out!
    Congratulations!

Farm Supplier
    Hi all. Just beat Angel (round 21) using epic Aether for the second time mb.
    Lost 15 times (my new record). Lost with epic Aether, epic Atlantis, epic Emerald Knight, epic Landworm, epic Pyramid, epic Clown, epic Razorback, epic Rainbow, level 8 Atlas, level 6 Marshmallow, level 6 Vampire, level 9 Goblin, epic Water, level 9 Cleopatra & epic Athletic. I keep trying to find logic with tournaments & I am losing the battle.
    Please list winners as I need all the help I can get. Thank you
    No Ultra Rares, but my Super Rares are: Aether 10, Amber 10, Atlantis 10, Atlas 8, Bluebell 7, Brazil 7, Bronzetalon 10, Cirque 7, Cleopatra 9, Clockwork 7, Clown 10, D/tree 7, Easter Egg 7, EKnight 10, England 7, Equinox 7, Ethereal 7, Glass 7, Goblin 9, Hammerhead 7, Headless 10, Hibiscus 9, Honeybee 10, Kitsune 9, L/worm 10, Lightning 10, Parakeet 10, Peacock 7, Planet 9, Razorback 10, Reindeer 7, Scorpion 10, Social 7, Sphinx 7, Spring 10, Teddy 7, Vampire 7, White Rose 10, Wraith 9

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cazcats View Post
    Hi all. Just beat Angel (round 21) using epic Aether for the second time mb.
    Lost 15 times (my new record). Lost with epic Aether, epic Atlantis, epic Emerald Knight, epic Landworm, epic Pyramid, epic Clown, epic Razorback, epic Rainbow, level 8 Atlas, level 6 Marshmallow, level 6 Vampire, level 9 Goblin, epic Water, level 9 Cleopatra & epic Athletic. I keep trying to find logic with tournaments & I am losing the battle.
    Please list winners as I need all the help I can get. Thank you

There is no logic to it.

Angel is a particularly tough one to beat. I have had to ultimate it a few times before.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Haven't updated in a bit but had a long day at work then had to travel. So somewhat missed a day. Current updates.

19. White Chocolate 8 > Black Rose 12 mbb
    20. Bluebell 3 > Emerald Knight 16 mbm (lost Pyramid 10, Scorpion 9 2x, Aurora 5)
    21. Wizard 3 > Angel 12 b+++b (lost Aether 10, Sphinx 6, Mother 3)
    22. Moon 6 > Unicorn 14 bmm (lost Valkyrie 8, Emerald Knight 3, Moon 6)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    There is no logic to it.

Angel is a particularly tough one to beat. I have had to ultimate it a few times before.
    This tournament, except for using Ninja in the second round, I used the helpful guide and tried to use only dragons that fit the particular battle. That's about the only "logic" that I use. Do I have a lot of losses, yes. But I don't care about that. This was my third full tournament. In the first tournament I entered I did use gold to win one round. The last two tournaments I won with without using gold to win a battle. I had fewer losses this tournament than the last. Is it because I'm using more "logic" to pick the dragons or just dumb luck? I don't know. What I do know is that I enjoy it and as long I do i will continue to participate.

In the last two tournaments I only used gold to speed up some rounds. That was my choice, it wasn't really necessary since we have 5 days to complete the tournament.

Congratulations to those who completed the tournament and continued good luck to those still in the fight.

Host(ess)

Thumbs down

TL, i am not happy with the last couple of tourneys. It seems you have made the opponents tougher. MUCH tougher. It is very tough after round 5 to advance with out gold. What a scam.......
    Last edited by Robert832; 05-24-14 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Robert832 View Post
    TL, i am not happy with the last couple of tourneys. It seems you have made the opponents tougher. MUCH tougher. It is very tough after round 5 to advance with out gold. What a scam.......
    What? Round 6 you fight a level 3 Lily dragon. You are saying that you can't beat him without spending gold? Don't forget there are many players in this game that are level 100-150 that have epic dragons galore. The tournaments need to be a challenge for them and for lower level players as well.