Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hate playing with computer-generated opponent

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I thought they were all actual people. That's disppointing. Are there any more reliable ways to tell? I sometimes use the emotes a lot too, and don't always take a long time aiming either. I treat a real table the same way; I do better if I don't try too hard lol. ^_^
    The computer aims in a matter of a millisecond I have never seen a actual player line up there ball that fast even the very high level players. They will also talk the whole time there is no way a person can line up the ball and talk that quickly.

Well you do want to treat a computer player differently. If you leave the computer a bad shot, he will actually take it. A real player will actually think about it. I have baited the computer into scratching or knocking the 8 ball in when it's not his time to do it. After level 20 or so, sometimes this is the only way to beat the computer since if all the balls are spread out decently enough, he will just run the table.

Sorry, how do you know you are playing computer.
    I use the communication a lot to distract my opponent during his aim and shooting in the hope he spends time reading and replying.

It's the way the computer aims. It takes a computer player under 2 seconds to line up his shot. Plus, computer players are named Guest. These are the 2 big clues.

Executive Chef
    I thought we all were players too! I love this game, even though in real life I hit the pool balls, like you would while playing golf/baseball, hockey. I suck at it! But this is great and super fun. I play on four accounts and it's one highlight of my nights when I need to relax and unwind.

One thing that annoys me is when players need to comment for every little stupid thing they do. Boom! Whoa! Watch and Learn! I guess it may be the computer? But anyways, i can't say what I hate because I don't know if its a person or a computer. Maybe all real players HAVE to name themselves? And the bots have the auto generated names. Just an idea.

It also would be nice if we can add people and choose out opponents.

I just played your bot Guest_lamtis that is on a 22 game winning streak with %72 of it's games won. Not realistic. These bots need to be toned down.
    Last edited by eatup2; 07-03-14 at 07:32 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Well some players out there have a ***** code for this game. I have been playing some opponents and they are terrible at the aim for the first few balls. Then the game goes into " waiting for opponent" mode for a few seconds......they come back then boom, boom, boom.....with the remarks of " watch and learn" etc.

I don't think it's a bot.....it's people who have *****er apps they download and install.
    Pathetic!!!!
    TL should do something about blocking this action!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-11-14 at 02:29 PM. Reason: inappropriate word

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by frogsr View Post
    Well some players out there have a ***** code for this game. I have been playing some opponents and they are terrible at the aim for the first few balls. Then the game goes into " waiting for opponent" mode for a few seconds......they come back then boom, boom, boom.....with the remarks of " watch and learn" etc.

I don't think it's a bot.....it's people who have *****er apps they download and install.
    Pathetic!!!!
    TL should do something about blocking this action!
    To report *****s or hacks, please send an email to support@sharkparty.com.

Thanks
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    To report *****s or hacks, please send an email to support@sharkparty.com.

Thanks
    I'm reporting it now.

Rhino Keeper
    When I am reporting a problem with the game, why are my threads being closed? I thought that is what you wanted players to do.....report issues, not close the thread so you stop them informing you about the issue.
    Makes no sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast