Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hate playing with computer-generated opponent

Rhino Keeper
    GooglyMoogly22:
    So your stating that when the game shows "waiting for opponent", a bot takes the place of the real person and finishes the game???
    I find that hard to believe. They usually clear the table and win so why dosent that player get tickets back or credit for a game that was won?
    If that's the true reason......I'm done with this sham of a game.

Yes, that is what happens. The player doesn't get credit for the game because he's not playing anymore. He was there when the tickets were spent so those are gone. He doesn't get credit for a loss either. The game shows 'waiting for opponent' because it is giving the player a chance to return to the game in case it was only a small internet interruption. If he doesn't come back after the 30 seconds expire, pretty quickly a bot will take over. I don't see why the player should get tickets back or get credit for the victory if he didn't stick around for the entire thing.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by frogsr View Post
    When I am reporting a problem with the game, why are my threads being closed? I thought that is what you wanted players to do.....report issues, not close the thread so you stop them informing you about the issue.
    Makes no sense.
    It depends on what the issue is. If the forum cannot help, you will be directed to support.
    Once you are sent to support, there is no further forum discussion needed.

Discussing specific support issues or discussing *****s/hacks is not forum appropriate, so the thread is closed.

Thanks
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-12-14 at 10:23 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GooglyMoogly22 View Post
    Yes, that is what happens. The player doesn't get credit for the game because he's not playing anymore. He was there when the tickets were spent so those are gone. He doesn't get credit for a loss either. The game shows 'waiting for opponent' because it is giving the player a chance to return to the game in case it was only a small internet interruption. If he doesn't come back after the 30 seconds expire, pretty quickly a bot will take over. I don't see why the player should get tickets back or get credit for the victory if he didn't stick around for the entire thing.
    But if the internet connection was not the players fault, why shouldn't they get their tickets back if they are booted from the room through no fault of their own?

Quote Originally Posted by frogsr View Post
    But if the internet connection was not the players fault, why shouldn't they get their tickets back if they are booted from the room through no fault of their own?
    This is a separate issue, isn't it? I hardly ever have connection issues. Anyway, how do you know it isn't their fault? Wireless connections for gaming certainly are not the most reliable connections for everyone.

New Resident
    I've found recently that if you converse with the bots, say nice shooting or you're good, they don't pot out the table as often. Another way to tell if a player is a bot in tournaments, the opening player in a tournament will have a set number of tournament wins and losses eg 20/80. The boys named guest will have a similar number of tournaments eg 19/81 or 21/84. Also, most real players exit out of tournaments when they lose to play again whereas a bit doesn't, so if someone leaves you know they are real.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    We want to make sure you're matched with an opponent as soon as possible. If the wait time is too much, you might end up getting matched with a computer opponent. Our goal is to match you with another player whenever we can, but that's not always possible. Sorry for the confusion!

Rubbish, I haven't played a human in about a week!
    Last edited by Tuffers1875; 11-14-14 at 03:09 PM.

Farm Supplier
    It's quite simple to tell the bots apart from humans. If you can't figure that out, then you just aren't paying attention.

What I despise though is playing a human and then midway through that person's connection is severed (whether it's intentional or whatever) and then a bot takes their place and starts kicking butt. Also, it bugs me when you play a bot and they break and clear the table and win. I mean, if I'm playing a person and they do that, hats off to them but a bot? Really? There's no safeguard against that??

The game sucks in every way i can think of!!
    Every time i play a tournament i get a computer generated player wich wipes me of the table!!
    Going to uninstall this ****!!!

This is a irritating fact, I can't stand how you play in a tournament and everything looks good and u know the shot you are about to take is gonna make it. But this game *****s. It will do stuff like make me hit my ball to soft or to fast. And a lot of times scratch when I was in the clear. Simply put I am calling this game out as a crook & *****. Sometimes when it randomly selects a player it will do it again Cuz that initial game didn't start. And I have literaly lost a all but 14 tickets out of 77, to this stupid problem. I will post nothing but negative reviews for this app til yall do fix the many issues yall obviously could care less about. $ is your motive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123