Thread: Lose accumulated money on habitat when I send the dragons to breed

Rhino Keeper

Lose accumulated money on habitat when I send the dragons to breed

Version 1.9.3

Seems that dragons that I send to breed lose all the accumulated money that they build up on their habitat. It's easy to notice on diamond habitats, I believe it's happening on regular habitats as well.

I had spent a couple of hours trying to breed quetzal with diamond/forest. I saw that my habitats needed to be collected. While my diamond was still breeding I went around collecting. Once I got to the diamond habitat it showed that it had no money to collect. I thought maybe I was breeding so fast that it wasn't accumulating anything. So I have since left diamond on its habitat and let it accumulate a little bit. Sure enough every time I send it to the breeding den I lose all the money it's built up.

I'm confident it's happening on other habitats, but I don't want to sit through hours of failures to prove a point. And it's hard to notice on regular habitats because it only takes away the money from the dragon you are breeding, not the other 2 still on the habitat.
    Last edited by [S8] Elsa; 05-12-14 at 12:59 PM.

The Honorable Panda
    When you your dragon is breeding, you will not gain coins from the habitat.
    Same goes if you evolving dragons.

You dragon needs to be in its habitat to earn coins.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Correct. However, if i click on my diamond habitat, it will show 1000 coins. If I send the diamond to breed, the habitat will show zero coins. It takes my coins when I send the dragons to breed

Fashion Designer
    This doesn't happen to me. I regularly find habitats where the only dragon is in the breeding den or evolution temple and there are still coins in the habitat. I'm on iOS, btw, also 1.9.3. Hope you figure it out soon!
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Without collecting, when you breed two dragons the money those dragons collected reduces to zero. It's really evident on habitats with one dragon. This happens on my daughters 5c, wife's iPad, and my 5s 100%.
    However, if you exit the game and re-open dragon story, the coins come back. So they don't completely disappear, it just glitches annoyingly.

There are times when I notice that the coins are there, but then I forget if I closed/opened the app.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh gosh this is an odd error.

I just tried this with two hybrids. The habitats had collect signs but were not at max. I was able to send them to breeding den and still collect the coins that had accumulated.

I'll try it again when collect signs aren't over the habitats but coins are there. I notice with the last update not yesterday's, the update before, I could no longer click on a habitat with sparkles and collect it. I now have to tap then collect. Wish they would switch this back. Part of what I loved about this game is the quick tap collection.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesha View Post
    Oh gosh this is an odd error.

I just tried this with two hybrids. The habitats had collect signs but were not at max. I was able to send them to breeding den and still collect the coins that had accumulated.

I'll try it again when collect signs aren't over the habitats but coins are there. I notice with the last update not yesterday's, the update before, I could no longer click on a habitat with sparkles and collect it. I now have to tap then collect. Wish they would switch this back. Part of what I loved about this game is the quick tap collection.
    Tried it again with two diamond hybrids where there was coins in habitat and no collect sign. The coins were still there after I moved it to the den.

Try upgrading to the new version 1.9.4, maybe this is an issue with prior version, but I never noticed it.

New Resident
    On android whenever this happened the coins re-appeared after they came back from the breeding den. I had to constantly remind myself to collect before breeding. It was still frustrating though, especially when I had to wait 12 hours for some silver

Host(ess)
    I have a level 150 game, and all my coins are gone! Imagine my surprise when I went to grow food and got the message that I needed coins! I don't know exactly what I had, but it was way in the millions!

Rhino Keeper
    On my kindle the coins say zero when they're breeding but as soon as I send the egg to the nest the coins are full so I never considered it a problem. Collect before or after you breed but not during.