Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768

Thread: Emerald Knight Tourney May 06, 2014(IOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Zummat View Post
    I must announce that after countless attempts specifically trying to breed a Diamond I was finally successful getting it while attempting to breed Mother dragon. I used my eeny-meeny-miny-moe method to choose the two parents. What a surprise when a 44 hour breed time appeared!
    Congrats, Zummat! I remember how exciting it was when I got my first diamond! They certainly do make Battle Arena much easier. Good luck breeding the diamond hybrids! Definitely aim for Crusader, Infinity and Quetzal as soon as you can. Gold is also super useful against treasure style gold giving dragons.

This is a crazy tough tournament. Most difficult on I've had in a long time. I also played almost every waking hour I had and still had to ultimate all three Champions. I spent a day on each using even pure Diamonds (I have 4) & Passion with no luck. Please TL, don't make these matches just about pure luck. 120 gold isn't much for a dragon, but it makes me feel like the game is just pay to win.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    Congrats to all who won.

I finally had time to sit down and crunch the numbers on my tourney loss. I battled 97 times: won 27, lost 70. 27.8% win percentage. I ultimated twice, and sped about 7 rounds. Fought nearly every hour I was awake. I made it through the first half in about 2 days, but the rest was just terrible for me. I get that I chose some wrong colors to fight with in certain battles, but DANG! I said it before, but I'll say it again: BRUTAL.

And my epic Razorback's win percentage is only 25%. Blerg.

It's not you, you are making very good choices of dragons for battles. While the tournament is supposed to be about finding the right dragon to beat an opponent, that is only part of a bigger picture.

The odds are stacked differently for different accounts. This is observable in any of these tournament threads and good results/bad results are very consistent.....far too consistent for it to be about pure luck/chance.

All of TL games have this element of disparity between accounts and I would guess it is their way of doing market research to maximise their profits.

As far as tournaments are concerned, make them easy for some to win and you hold up a big carrot saying to people, you can win too. But if everyone could win, then their would be no gold income for TL so they have to stack the odds accordingly.

There is much talk of randomness with these tournaments but I think there are more clues when you look for the consistencies.

I wish you well for the next one but please don't be surprised if you get more of the same and find that your champion dragons don't perform the same as you see some people experiencing with the same dragon. As I said, this is the odds at account level, rather than dragon level.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this except bow out of tournaments or carry on regardless. For some crazy reason, I carry on despite being unable to win without gold and consistently have dragons losing as soon as the tournament starts, which is so consistent now, it makes me laugh.

I accept it for what it is now.......and just occasionally have a moan on the forum when it gets frustrating
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Fashion Designer
    Thanks ciarjen. I understand a certain amount of luck/fixedness, but losing 3 of 4 battles seems harsh. Alas. At least I do have one (semi-useless) Champion.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Host(ess)
    posting late my results and got my EK but I have to say this tourney was super brutal..not posting losses since I lost count coz I just lost too many times..continuing my results after rd 19..

20) black knight 16< diamond 10 MMM
    21) prism 12< diamond 10 BMM
    22) helios 14< quetzal 10 MMM
    23) steampunk 16< marshmallow 9 ultimate
    24) dark angel 16< crusader 10 MM+
    25) razorback 20< razorback 10 ultimate
    26) lightmare 18< razorback 10 M+++
    27) eclipse 18< aether 9 MMM
    28) quetzal 20< crusader 10 MMM
    29) crusader 20< crusader 10 ultimate
    30) emerald knight 20< razorback 10 ultimate

had to ultimate the last 2 battle rounds since there was only 2 hrs left.. This tourney had to ultimate 4 times and my gold dwindle back to 0...I find it funny that after ultimating each round the next round just seems much easier to battle...

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768