Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Feature - Challenges!

Nightclub Owner
    I finished and got buddy. I've completed about 5 normal scenes since and gotten once gotten 2 energy from him. Given that he's level 1 it will be interesting to see if they release an ability to upgrade the dogs and what impact that will have.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Fashion Designer
    50/50 going on for my second dog!

Good job on getting those dogs guys!

I'm waiting for the next challenge in two days to hopefully finally get Buddy (the retriever). Challenges are hard! It's a time commitment and has somewhat made me fall behind in the regular scenes. I've been playing since it first came out as well and I appreciate the challenges to occupy our time while waiting for new scenes but giving them every weekend has made me fall behind! Hope to catch up soon AND get that dog ��

Are the challenges over?? It said in 1 day I think now nothing there

I've been waiting for new challenge as well, very disappointed, like the challenges and digital dogs-even bought gems for it, not my normal pattern. Anyone know when challenge coming back?

Executive Chef
    Am I the only one who wonders how these challenges actually work?

I mean, first of all, it's impossible that it is real time vs. another player. Because if that were the case, then when you beat your challenger by like 0:12 to 0:52, you'd have to wait 40 seconds for them to finish. And the scores always pop up the moment you finish. The only way it could actually work PvP is if your score is compared to someone who already finished that scene before you started it. Then your score is what the next player trying that scene has to beat. But I don't think that is the case either, since your opponent always has a name. Like, a real given name as opposed to a storm8 id. But we never entered our names.

So we must be battling the computer, right? So then how does the game decide what our "opponent's" score/time is? Is it totally random? Because it's definitely not like some average time. Sometimes I win 3 objects to 2, and lose 12 objects to 13. So the "other guy's" score is not a medium number. It can be very high or very low and seems totally random to me.

Anyone have any ideas?

Executive Chef
    If the opponent's challenges scores are actually scores that other players get, then my hat is off to the people who can find 28 objects in 20 seconds, or find all 12 in 7 seconds.

New Resident
    Hi I love playing the challenges it's really exciting and compelling, however I reallly think that boosts should not be allowed to be used when playing in challenges, coz first it's not fair to a player who is not using boosts, second, there is no point of it being a challenge if players r gonna use boosts! Make sense????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123