Thread: Wrong translation in all Chinese version games!

Lightbulb Wrong translation in all Chinese version games!

First of all, it is very exciting to have translated Chinese version!! So someone does not read English is able to play it, too (like my mom). Thanks!

When we get a sale of the golds, it should be says like "80% (let's hope so!) off".

By "off" it means drop of the price. Everyone understands it. Even the one does not speak any English (you can see it while shopping all the time). However, in all the Chinese version teamlava games, it has been translated wrong!

The word "off" could mean either "drop of the price" as in "80% off" or "disconnected with power" as in "turn off the radio". In Chinese those two meaning use different words and your games picked the wrong one! So it says like "turn off 30% price" everywhere! You can not turn off the price!!

It is such a basic translation s**** but a huge ridiculous mistake. I am sure no one will misunderstand it because anyone is not a machine but with a brain will figure it out from the contest and pick the correct meaning.

Please correct them. It is such a shame that this kind of silly mistake is made in this wonderful game. Especially it uses all the fabulous words in the quest lines.

Love your game and wish it getting even better!!
    Last edited by mintylc1980; 04-30-14 at 03:11 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    I've passed this on
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Hi Mintylc1980! We're sorry about the mistranslation. This should be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Hi Mintylc1980! We're sorry about the mistranslation. This should be fixed soon.
    Thank you! Hope your games getting more popular here!

The Honorable Panda
    This has been fixed. It should now be translated as "discount" in the supported languages.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    This has been fixed. It should now be translated as "discount" in the supported languages.
    I have seen that. Thank you! Glad to be helpful.