Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: goals

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    If TL were 2 release old challenges then they need 2 release ALL just not the 1s from the past couple of yrs.
    Well...yes...that is what we are asking TL to do. Goals, by the way, were not in game at its inception. They slowly appeared in either late 2011 or early 2012, i can't remember.

Farm Supplier
    I would very much like to have the chance to complete some of the goals - mostly the ones that rewarded you with recipes. I have several recipes grayed out in my menu area and it makes me nuts that I can't utilize them. Objects I don't really care about but the recipes i do.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Well, some of us believe in persistence, you see. We have seen, before, that silence here does not necessarily mean "No". So many features have been put into the game because some of us just refused to sit in silence. We don't hold our breath waiting for or expecting anything to happen, but we do persistently hope. There is a difference, you see.

We are not stuck looking backwards but we look forward to the next goals and updates, all the while remembering a time when we had no goals and no weekly or even regular updates. We remember how many people before us were persistent in their requests for regular updates and are happy that they persisted and did not sit in silence.

We feel that all players should have the opportunity to complete all the goals and so we keep asking.
    I agree with you that it would be good to have access to older locked items, and I do not want to offend, but I'm not particularly fond of your use of a Dr. King quote in this context. This is not an equivalent struggle.

(Side note: I quoted someone in the Dragon Story thread a few weeks ago about trying to get the Pride dragon and then reread what I'd quoted later and realized he/she was saying the attempt to breed a dragon was just like the fight for marriage equality. So I may just be being sensitive because I previously felt foolish for agreeing with that person.)
    Last edited by twospoons; 08-08-14 at 05:47 PM.

New Resident
    Some of us players complete a goal quickly and are ready to complete more, but alas the past ones are locked, why can't the goals be listed, and if already completed cleared off the goal list?
    And for those who don't want to do the goals, how about the option to "skip goal" ?

Executive Chef
    I hope if they ever decide to stop updating this game they will just make all the old goal content available to everyone. Or they can do it now, either way just release the stuff, it's just pixels.

Farm Supplier
    I agree. Hopefully, this will happen now rather than later. Although, It would be nice to access some old items and stoves that are locked
    Hey! I play Restaurant Story, but hopefully will play some more Storm8 games!
    My ID is R5FanForever1. Only accepting 3-4 star players.

there's a goal to cook 22 meatloaf days, what appliance can we cook this? it's not on the lunchbox stove?

It's on the cafeteria oven. Scroll slowly thru the appliances until you see it. I counted the pages in my inventory & its page 17, near the cruise ship stove.

***Since this is the suggestion thread....please put new goal ovens & stoves in the first slots to avoid just this problem!!!!

Also, the recipes for the cafeteria oven should be trays not days.
    Last edited by meme1098; 08-15-15 at 10:42 AM.

@meme1098 found it!!! thanks. yeah there's so many appliances page and the new appliance sometimes stuck in the middle it confused me

Farm Supplier

Arrow

There is a great solution to this problem. Just hide the locked items that the corresponding goals are no longer available for. Meaning anyone who never completed the goals should not be able to see those items. Therefore, out of sight out of mind.

Limited edition is limited edition. I have missed many a goal and have many locked items in my lists, and as much as I want access to those things, they are meant to be limited and should stay that way.
    id: poisonedwaters
    [Restaurant Story, Bakery Story, Fashion Story]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12