Thread: "Processing"-pauses and I lose many coins and the last things I bought

Host(ess)

"Processing"-pauses and I lose many coins and the last things I bought

I am on level 14. And about three or four times now, my game has paused and it says processing and then I lose a whole bunch of coins and whatever the last one or two things that I purchased disappear--as well as the Quest credit I was given for purchasing a Quest requirement item! The same processing pause was happening in Fashion Story, but I don't recall noticing losing anything. It just seemed to be one spot on the floor of my store that whatever table sat there when I collected the tips it would process it even though there was no tip there. I could press it over and over again and I would get no coins but that was okay because I knew there was no tip there it just paused all the time. It went away after one of your updates. However, in Restaurant Story it is happening a little bit differently, and I am not getting the coins or items recovered at all, and my door is not locked, and the restaurant is open. The amount of coins seems to be maybe whatever it was that I purchased--so it subtracts it when I purchase it, and it subtracts it again when I lose it. I'm losing all kinds of stuff, and I'm kind of upset because I just purchased a whole bunch of credits. I like your games--RS, FS, BS--so much fun.

Please help or reply if this has happened to you too.

Iphone 4S - most current O/S
    Storm ID: ditzygypsy2

Hi ditzygypsy2,

I went ahead and looked into your account and it doesn't look like there are any issues. It sounds like you are experiencing "Sync Errors".This may occur when your device is unable to maintain a stable connection with our servers to save your game progress. Our games require a stable internet connection so your game progress can be saved on our servers during regular intervals. If you close or exit the game before your device communicates with our servers to save your data, your game progress may not have been properly saved.

To ensure your device is connected to our servers and save your game progress, you can visit a community member or neighbor. If you are able to connect and view their game, then your device has a stable internet connection and will save your game progress on our servers. You can freely return home to your game and exit the application. We also recommend that you connect to a stable WiFi connection while playing our games to avoid these errors.

Host(ess)
    I'll do the friend thing. I have very fast internet and I sit about 10 feet away from it most of the time, but my phone is a year and a half old, so maybe it's the phone--but I do know I have been paying for things like a strip of wallpaper and it says "not enough coins/money" --which is only true of the strip that follows the one I paid for --but the one I paid for doesn't show up. I doubt there's any way you could see that in my account and I can't prove it, and I don't care about any refunds or anything like that, but it'd be great if it could be something that is fixable. I have no idea how and even screenshots wouldn't help, but if there's any chance it can be fixed, that would be awesome. Thank you so much .

New Resident
    This has happened to me once that I can be positive about - I returned to the game, cleared the "you've made xxx while you were away", and then went about collecting the food I'd waited for a long time to be done. Right after serving it all up, the "Processing" popped up, and once it was done, the food was gone... and obviously so were the coins I'd spent to make it. Now I'm nervous every time I return, although it's certainly nothing that can't be re-earned or re-made. I understand glitches will happen when dealing with any sort of internet connection. I'm on a very stable WiFi connection.

But hopefully there could be some way to reconcile the data between the phone and the server, rather than wiping out what may be on the phone? I'm on an HTC One, Android 4.4.2, playing Restaurant Springtime. Thanks!

New Resident
    By the way, the advice to jump out to "neighbors" is excellent! I now do this every time I re-enter the game, and it's saved me from losing stuff a couple of times now.