Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 04/17/2014 Update Fortune Teller Quests

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by eepopp View Post
    Let me put this another way.

Would you prefer to have had 7 fortunes today, or 7 mini quests to unlock something like a Chocolate Bunny that dropped (pooped) out Chocolate for Easter?

The 7 Fortunes today only service the players that purchased a Fortune Teller Tent.
    The latter would have been accessible by everyone, and if it was limited to 1-2 weeks, would have probably generated a lot more Gem purchases.

I'm not saying that the tent isn't attractive. I think it looks interesting. I'm asking whether you would want new fortunes.
    Did I want new fortunes today instead of something for Easter that everyone could have had fun participating in? -- no, definitely not (already made my feelings known earlier in this thread about no Easter-related update today)
    But your original question asked for more generic feedback about the fortune teller tent, so that's what I was responding to.
    Personally, I think IN ADDITION to new fortunes, something more accessible for all players should have been released today for Easter (TL has released multiple updates on Thursdays before).
    But overall, I like the fortune teller tent.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 04-17-14 at 04:11 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shipower View Post
    Nope, I checked it as well. I did not have the pie so I just skipped(5 gems) it.
    Ivy's Hungry Tummy and The Pointy Fortune seemed to be one fortune split into two. I shouldn't spoil too much for others
    Hmm, that's odd... Guess I'll wait til I get to that fortune to see what you're talking about.
    ,..and WOW, thanks for the speed-thru to let us all know what's ahead!

I think I got a pie from the trading with Belladonna in the Royal Exchange.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnectFire611 View Post
    I think I got a pie from the trading with Belladonna in the Royal Exchange.
    Me too! I've had 2 skunkupies now from belladonna exchange

Farm Supplier
    Yea, not upfront about time frames, starting to get really fed up! Let's you do a. Task but telling you it's finished

You can still harvest strawberries even if you are maxed out. You don't really lose much because you make coins and have the opportunity to spawn boar! I plant plots of carrots everyday to make coins (best cost-profit return IMO) and I have been maxed out for ages as I don't really use them for much.

Quote Originally Posted by fino212 View Post
    I for one am glad part 4 doesn't come out till next week as I'm still only halfway through part 3. Would've probably been finished if it wasn't for these boar pelts I've had to give to Kaz's abode as I only got 2 in the feral adventure so needed to do another adventure but haven't had enough tusks until now to make all the clubs and horns I need. Just sent it out today so waiting till tomorrow for it to return with hopefully 2 more pelts so I can continue but I've noticed I need more clubs for the tool rack so will have to hope for more tusks. These boars are really slow to appear and give out the needed items as I keep maxing out on strawberries so have to stop harvesting them while I make more sundaes. So fortune teller is a welcome distraction for me from this boa-ring monotony.

Rhino Keeper
    hello i havent been able to get fortune for 2 months and i tried all the list down there. what should i do?

I like the fortune teller tent. I like having goals and things to do that don't always push the story forward. Castle Story is my favourite game by a looooong way and it's because of the variety of options available to players.

If you don't like the fortune teller tent, that's fine. If you're disappointed that there wasn't an Easter thread, that's okay too. But please don't connect the two, like TL did the fortune teller work at the expense of an Easter goal.

Enjoy the hundreds of other things you can be doing in your kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by

[U
    New Fortunes / Fortune Teller Tent feedback:[/U]

I never bought the Fortune Teller Tent, and after reviewing the rewards for the first 15 fortunes and now the new 7 fortunes, I think I'm good with never having purchased it.

While the Fortune Teller Tent seems to have been a good idea to provide players an occasional bonus, boost, luck, good fortune, etc, I'm guessing that continued development support for it will eventually cost more than any revenues generated from 250 Gem sale purchases for the building.

Personally, I would love to see the Fortune Teller Tent swing the randomness of the non-story fortunes back to the future or past lore of Castle Story. For example, I would love to see Ivy give a crystal ball Fortune that kicked off a quest helping the Ruler find the heir or become the true heir of the kingdom.

To be blunt, I think that time spent on future development of random, non-core fortunes could be better spent on furthering the storyline of the game. It was an interesting experiment launched in August 2013, but I would hazard a guess that TeamLava would see higher gem purchases from players advancing time forward in core quest lines, new functional animals (adamant dragon, chimera, et), or functional buildings (i.e. 3rd kitchen).

To my fellow players, what are your thoughts on the desire for future and non-story-related fortunes? Truly interested? Or a desire to justify a 250 gem purchase?

New Resident
    I'm up to date with my fortune teller quests however I can't seem to get this one started... I thought this month we were getting a list of fortune teller quests that we collected, ie somewhere in our menu page...any help??

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ashaleene View Post
    I'm up to date with my fortune teller quests however I can't seem to get this one started... I thought this month we were getting a list of fortune teller quests that we collected, ie somewhere in our menu page...any help??
    You have to visit the tent a "few" times before it starts. Mine hasn't started either--not sure how many visits it will take before it begins.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast