Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Tips to sell fast and make coins

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mymummy789 View Post
    It depends how many neighbours you have. I have 268 and it only shows me 99 in my side shop.
    Thank you for confirming this limit. I used to see shops with three items, but in the last day or two it changed. I can only see shops with at least 4 items now. It's good to know this is normal behavior in FS2.

Rhino Keeper
    OMG! thanks to this thread i earned 10k in 5hours to allow me to buy my sushi shop! i had to be on a lot though which is fine as i'm home based right now. so thank you batty!!!!

if i can, i hope to earn some more before the building sale goes.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotika View Post
    OMG! thanks to this thread i earned 10k in 5hours to allow me to buy my sushi shop! i had to be on a lot though which is fine as i'm home based right now. so thank you batty!!!!

if i can, i hope to earn some more before the building sale goes.

Glad to hear it is helping.

If you really want to make coins quickly, then I suggest you stop making things. Sounds strange, I know but the more you make the more it slows down your profit. I can buy items to fulfill a train order, leave a lot of my buildings idle and still make 46,000 coins in a day.

If you have time to play and want to make some money quickly try this.

Plant corn/wheat in all your plots - then craft
    animal feed
    fish bait
    flour

Replant all plots with flax, set a timer for 30 minutes.

Harvest the flax and replant with enough wheat/corn to supply your feed mills, windmills, bait shops.

Then plant flax again, set a timer for 30 minutes, then harvest, repeat the process.

Sell flax
    Either sell your milk or use in the dairy
    Either sell your eggs or use in the kitchen with corn to make cornbread
    If not making cornbread, make biscuits in the kitchen
    Use the flour to make bread and sell the excess
    Use bacon to make pet food and sell the excess
    Use the wool to make scarves or linen flowers and sell the excess
    Use cocoa to make milk chocolate and sell the excess
    Use lemons/oranges for juice and sell the excess
    Sell your apples
    Sell the fish
    Sell the wax/honey or make jellies/candles but there is not much more profit in doing that

If you can't check the game every 30 minutes, then plant whatever crop that will be ready when you can next play, e.g 2 hours = spinach.

You won't be able to craft many items because you will only be growing corn/wheat/flax but using your plots like this is the way to maximise profit. If you use 60 plots to grow flax, in 1 hour you will make 2520 coins. If you were to use those plots to grow potatoes, carrots, tomotoes, peppers to make other recipes you would never be able to make the same amount of profit, over and above what you can get for the raw ingredients.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    Batty, read this too late. My side shop moved slowly. I was trying to sell out my storage to no avail. Will try to do this tomorrow when i have an empty side shop. Thanks! I'm at level 42 as i've been relying on deliveries to make coins. I know better now. Trying not to level up.

What about sugar cane? It's byproducts like syrup, sugar, brown sugar... too? Is it profitable?
    Last edited by neurotika; 12-02-14 at 01:33 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotika View Post
    Batty, read this too late. My side shop moved slowly. I was trying to sell out my storage to no avail. Will try to do this tomorrow when i have an empty side shop. Thanks! I'm at level 42 as i've been relying on deliveries to make coins. I know better now. Trying not to level up.

What about sugar cane? It's byproducts like syrup, sugar, brown sugar... too? Is it profitable?

You actually lose coins on making deliveries - you probably get half of what you would get selling in your shop and now the drop rate of parts has been lowered, I don't really see any point in making deliveries unless you need XP. I just collect enough coins so that I can make deliveries during events which costs a lot.

I do do train deliveries though because the reward is 5 gems and each time I get 8 I buy a can of paint to upgrade my barn. Train deliveries has been the only thing which has enabled me to progress my game so far.

Windmills are one of the most profitible resource buildings and the item which makes the most money is flour. High selling price is not an indicator of net profit. In fact, usually the higher the selling price the more money you lose because of the cost of ingredients and the loss of profit on the resource building while making the expensive stuff.

Wheat can be grown very quickly and in 2 minutes you can have enough to fill all the buildings that need it, like the windmills for flour which takes 10 minutes and after you have grown the wheat you can use the plots to grow crop to sell for pure profit. To make sugar you need to tie up your plots for 45 minutes and then after that you have to make the sugar at 20 or 40 minutes.

To compare profits......

3 plots grow sugar at 45 minutes
    Use windmill for 40 minutes to make brown sugar
    Sell brown sugar for approx 80 coins (don't have one to check actual price at the moment)
    You make 80 coins profit for 40 min building time and 45 minute time on 3 plots.
    (You could have made 63 coins just selling the sugar and then had the building free for flour for 40 minutes)

3 plots grow wheat for 4 minutes
    Use windmill to make flour with that wheat for 40 minutes
    Use 3 plots to grow flax
    Sell 4 flours for 124 coins
    Sell 3 flax for 63 coins
    You make 187 coins for the same 40 minute building time and 45 minutes on 3 plots.

Conclusion - flour is more profitible then sugar and I even make flour overnight to make more money rather than use longer time craft items.

Syrup is a little bit different because there is no other item in that building to craft quickly but you still need to grow the sugar first before making the syrup but just growing flax and selling it is always going to make you more profit. In 45 minutes it takes to grow sugar you can grow flax and tomatoes and sell for more than the sugar or the sugar made into syrup.
    Last edited by ciarjen; 12-02-14 at 03:44 AM.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    This thread is gold, pun intended. Can't wait to get home and try out these tips. I've actually printed out the first page. It never occurred to me to try any of this; so much for my economics degree.

Actually, I just pasted all of ciarjen's advice together and printed that out. It's like the missing guide for money making in this game. Tnx, m8!
    Last edited by Mythdefied; 02-21-15 at 10:07 AM.

Fashion Designer
    hi all.. i am not a newbie, but i make an experiment. i sell orange/lemon juice at highest price possible, and compare to other things i sell below market prices, both of them are still collecting dust. i follow the step by step from you guys amazing folks, e.g. uploading the stuff periodically and such, but did i miss something? i welcome more suggestion. many many thanks...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567