Thread: Help - my kingdom's being overrun by dire boars!

Help - my kingdom's being overrun by dire boars!

Ever since I completed the quest to introduce the dire boar, I've encountered these pesky beasts INCESSANTLY. I can barely collect from 3 resources before one pops up! Is this normal?? Also, with the other beasts I can usually break even in terms of energy expenditure, but the energy I gain from fighting dire boars is always significantly less than what I expend. In addition, I've barely encountered the other beasts since getting dire boars (I miss skunkupines!).

What is going on? I need a dire boar exterminator!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Sounds like you just started this goal? If that's the case if you read part 1 you'll find it is like that till you place the swamp. We all wish we were in your shoes as newer parts call for lots of tusks etc and once the swamp was placed they stopped coming and were scarce. Yes they are energy scrounges and return little. Get yourself at least 50 tusks, a few feral magic and put up with it as long as you can, then place and build the swamp. I wish I needed an exterminator! I need a boar conjurer!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsyndrome View Post
    Ever since I completed the quest to introduce the dire boar, I've encountered these pesky beasts INCESSANTLY. I can barely collect from 3 resources before one pops up! Is this normal?? Also, with the other beasts I can usually break even in terms of energy expenditure, but the energy I gain from fighting dire boars is always significantly less than what I expend. In addition, I've barely encountered the other beasts since getting dire boars (I miss skunkupines!).

What is going on? I need a dire boar exterminator!

You are on Troll Tribe Part 1 https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?66675

The boars will be dropping boar tusks and feral magic (much rarer) - you are going to need both of these later on but if you get too far in the quest by placing the swampy pond, most of the boars will disappear and you will find it hard to get the drops.....so make the most of these boars constantly appearing.

I have just completed this part of the quest in my second account a couple of days ago. I didn't place the pond until I had reached max 99 of boar tusks.

If you want to get other stuff done while the boars are appearing, then move a pond out of the way somewhere and collect from it until you spawn a boar, then leave it there. You will be able to do other stuff in the kingdom while the boar is still at the pond but do note that no other beast like skunk or troll will appear when there is a boar in the kingdom, so you may not want to do it for too long.

Take your time over this quest. There will be many people jealous of being where you are because lack of boars and their drops has been a huge problem in Part 2 and they have had to spend vast amounts of energy just trying to get them to spawn.

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea this was an opportunity - will definitely take advantage of it!

Fashion Designer
    Yes, max out your boar tusks before advancing or you will be stuck at Part 2 for 1-2 weeks minimum.

Rhino Keeper
    You are definitely "Blessed" I never did get many boars at all, I had to gem my way through because no matter what I did I would only get the Glimmer Troll & the Beastie thing!!! I was not a happy camper!!