Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Mining - Amber Dragon (IOS) EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bottledH20 View Post
    While I agree with the first part of your post, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this. If you do the math on how big of an advantage not having to evolve from 3 to 4 is, I think you will find that it is MONTHS of evolution that you do not have to do. That advantage puts you MONTHS ahead of the rest of us, and that disparity only grows with every new dragon we acquire. A new 24 hour dragon? Another 24 hour advantage for you guys. So if you ask me if I feel sorry for y'all that you have to buy and feed water dragons to level 7 just so that you can MORE QUICKLY get this month's mined dragon (you might get it even if you don't take this the extra step), then my answer is absolutely not.

I recently acquired 5 ultra rares, averaging about 40 hours per dragon. 200 hours is over a week of evolving that you wouldn't have had to do. A week, with just 5 dragons. Like I said, you have an advantage of MONTHS over the rest of us. To hear you complain about this advantage because of a minor inconvenience really irks me, and probably a lot of others.

Edit: Granted, I will admit that this advantage will probably eventually even out as I finally get all of my dragons past level 3 and food becomes the limiting factor to evolution. But as of now, I have a queue of many weeks worth of dragons that need to be evolved, and food is not the limiting factor. And I have been playing almost a year, I believe.
    One of the things that I particularly like about this forum is that people are allowed to express different views in a spirit of tolerance. I think it is incredibly sad that you should be irked by the fact that those of us who only evolve twice are highlighting that this makes it nigh on impossible to get 200 pieces in 31 days. Yes, I may be lucky to only have to evolve twice, but I have never been able to breed a diamond and after almost 2 years of play eventually saved up enough gold to buy one. I never felt it was unfair that other people seemed to breed a diamond so much more easily than me, I was happy for them, if a little sad for me. I have also really struggled to breed new dragons and most of the ones I have are from tournaments and summoning these days, yet others seem to breed new dragons with relative ease. Once again, I am happy for them. TL has always operated a system of game play which can be unequal, however I am not sure why I should be disadvantaged for something which I have no control over. It is not my choice that I only evolve twice, that is TLs decision, based I am sure on the fact that I started playing this game not long after it started. I play Castle Story also and joined after last years valentine edition, so I never got a love shack and have not therefore been able to get an energy giving dragon which can be a huge advantage to those players who are lucky enough to have one. Does this irk me? Not at all, I am happy for them.

You, like everyone else on the forum is of course entitled to express their opinion, however please don't be irked when others express theirs.

Executive Chef
    I used like 7 bombs and got 10 pieces. Is this bad or good ? Looks like i get only 1 piece per bomb.
    Last edited by LemonadeMouth173; 03-31-14 at 07:22 AM.

Executive Chef
    After few days with hardcore evolutions( only 24 + hrs) im a proud owner of 70 pieces. Umm, im sorry cuz ive opened the discussion about evolution time. I couldnt know that will irritate some1. This wasnt my intention. And those were the rules when i started to play. So good luck to all on getting needed pieces!Btw bel, ure a great lady

Now that I've said all that... I have a question for y'all, if you don't mind answering. I've tried searching the forum for the answer and haven't had luck. I remember reading before that if you acquired the 10th expansion from the mine, that it shuts down the right side of the mine. Is that still the case?

Thanks.
    Yes it is still the case. I was the one who mentioned that, and my expansion mine is still locked even though I have 25 dynamite in my storage to use.

Executive Chef
    I don't like how mining for Amber is set up, but it does bring one good thing, at least the way i see it - the desperate evolving of dragons to get Bombs has made me level up dragons that i might not have leveled up otherwise...usually i prioritize dragons which can be useful - at least in theory lol - in the lottery arena, and a bunch of my dragons have stalled at low or mid level, but now i see an actual practical reason to evolve some weaker ones too. Since i want all my dragons to become epic even if they're not of much use in arena or produce loads of coins more good can come out of this for me than just Amber

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerb0y View Post
    I have noticed that once you have discovered your first prize, the mine randomly places the prizes again. For instance, I will place a bomb and it will say "too far". When I find the prize in 3 or 4 more moves, I place a bomb next to the "too far" place and discover that I am now very close or have hit a prize again. This has happened on multiple occasions for me.
    I don't know if that is happening or not but I have had a "Too Far" spot and just adjacent to it I hit a very close which is strange. Luckily, I tend to hit two eggs for every bomb most of the time so getting 200 of theses in 31 days should not be an issue for me. I have so many dragons at lvl 3, 6, and 9 that my evolution temple is running 24/7 non stop. I get 6 bombs a day every day.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunin2008 View Post
    I don't know if that is happening or not but I have had a "Too Far" spot and just adjacent to it I hit a very close which is strange. Luckily, I tend to hit two eggs for every bomb most of the time so getting 200 of theses in 31 days should not be an issue for me. I have so many dragons at lvl 3, 6, and 9 that my evolution temple is running 24/7 non stop. I get 6 bombs a day every day.
    That's very nice - i think i'll manage to get the 200 also, but work and sleep does barge in a lot already - luckily i'm really not that fuzzed about it, it's not like there's a lack of new dragons being implemented in game lol, i'll survive missing out on Amber if that happens

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    That's very nice - i think i'll manage to get the 200 also, but work and sleep does barge in a lot already - luckily i'm really not that fuzzed about it, it's not like there's a lack of new dragons being implemented in game lol, i'll survive missing out on Amber if that happens
    I think we should be able to choose from 3 different dragons through the mining process. Maybe like roulette.... when you hit 200 you can select from a random choice of 3 super rare or maybe even an ultra rare one as well that you get to choose based on what you currently already own.

Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    however I am not sure why I should be disadvantaged for something which I have no control over. It is not my choice that I only evolve twice, that is TLs decision, based I am sure on the fact that I started playing this game not long after it started.
    The irony of that statement is that we are all also being disadvantaged by something which we have no control over, which is when we started playing the game. When I started playing the game, which is something I had no control over, meant that I was doomed to do three evolutions instead of two, which meant that now that I have already started months behind other people, I also have a disadvantage of months worth of evolutions, and that disadvantage grows greater with every new dragon that we acquire, as stated earlier. So you have an advantage that perpetually gets better, at the slight annoyance of having to buy and feed water dragons up to level 7 if you want this months' mined dragon, which you will most assuredly get if you stick with it, despite your claim that is makes it nigh impossible to get in 31 days, which I do not believe.

So yes, you are "disadvantaged" by your advantage (slightly), which you had no control over, but we are also disadvantaged by your advantage, which we had no control over, and because our disadvantage is much greater, I believe you should be advocating for the doing away with evolution from 3 to 4 for all players before you are advocating that you should receive another advantage on top of your advantage to prevent your advantage from having a slight disadvantage associated with it. And now my tongue is tied.

And yes, you can express your opinion all you want, and I will tolerate it, of course, but it does not mean that I will agree with it, nor that I will not express my opinion back, nor feel feelings of being "irked," which are all things that you should tolerate back, according to your own statements.

Fyi, I also had a very hard time getting a Diamond dragon. I even spent 300 gold on the boost to make it 6x more likely to get one, spent the entire time trying to get one, and still failed. Finally, after months of trying, I finally got one... and soon after, I was able to breed Crusader (twice), Quetzal, and Infinity, because those are easy once you have a Diamond... which is why I just recently acquired 5 ultra rares.... and fell another week behind you on evolutions.

And also fyi, I play Castle Story and also joined after Valentine's Day, and also cannot get the Alicorn; however, unlike you, I am also irked by it. It is not the fact that they/you have an advantage that irks me... it is the fact that it is an ever-increasing advantage. They can now permanently find more Alicorn parts and craft new Alicorns... an infinite amount of them.. and ultimately have an unlimited supply of energy. There are people out there with an Alicorn for every day of the week already. Shame on TL for creating advantages that produce ever-increasing disparity as time goes on.

Am I happy for you that you don't have to evolve from 3 to 4 and that some people in Castle Story can create more and more Alicorns? Yes. But I am also very disappointed in TL for their decision, and I am also slightly irked when someone takes their huge advantage and complains about a minor inconvenience associated with them, when the rest of us are so greatly and ever-increasingly inconvenienced comparatively.

Please understand that the nature of this method of communication is that my words can sound much harsher than how I mean them, and that when I say "irked," I mean only slightly irked... I am a generally good-natured person and hold no ill will towards you. To be honest, I am expressing my opinion more so that TL, if they are reading this, can see the other side of the argument on this and maybe do something about it that would be fair to ALL players, rather than come up with a solution that only helps the already greatly-advantaged players. Of course, TL's track record is to release new content rather than fix problems, because after all, people BUY new content, and I guess they don't believe us when we say that we would spend more on the games if they would fix the current problems and poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by emmagail23 View Post
    Yes it is still the case. I was the one who mentioned that, and my expansion mine is still locked even though I have 25 dynamite in my storage to use.
    Thank you so much for letting me know!

Executive Chef

Please understand that the nature of this method of communication is that my words can sound much harsher than how I mean them, and that when I say "irked," I mean only slightly irked... I am a generally good-natured person and hold no ill will towards you. To be honest, I am expressing my opinion more so that TL, if they are reading this, can see the other side of the argument on this and maybe do something about it that would be fair to ALL players, rather than come up with a solution that only helps the already greatly-advantaged players. Of course, TL's track record is to release new content rather than fix problems, because after all, people BUY new content, and I guess they don't believe us when we say that we would spend more on the games if they would fix the current problems and poor decisions.

!
    You make some fair points and I am glad you are only slightly irked Lol. I have to confess I am more than slightly irked that I don't have a 7th farm, which would go some way to easing my feeding problem. Incidentally I completely get the frustration over evolving from levels 3 to 4 because that is what my daughter has to do and she gets really fed up as it takes so long to evolve her dragons. It would be great if evolving at level 3 to 4 was abolished with immediate effect, however I guess that is never going to happen as TL have never seemed remotely concerned about lack of parity. Time will tell, if I end up getting my amber dragon in the end although I will be really fed up if I don't cos I must play this game about 20 times a day (Hopelessly addicted you see) and feel rightly or wrongly that I should be able to complete challenges if I put the hours in.

Good luck with your collecting and maybe I will strike lucky and they will have a double reward event.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast