Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Mining - Amber Dragon (IOS) EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    I've never let Bombs stack up in storage, how large pile of them can you save up without using them? I'm at 192 Amber pieces now and wouldn't mind getting a 2nd one also, for trading. But, i'd hate if i didn't make it and would end up with loads of leftover Amber parts... So i wonder how many bombs i can save up before i actually use them in mine, maybe i can let bombs pile up and see if it's possible getting a 2nd Amber... Otherwise the bombs might give a nice headstart for future mining dragons, hmm...

Executive Chef
    I am having 150 pieces with 10 extra bombs it seems I can make it

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmeerkat View Post
    When DS first came out they only evolved at lvl 6 and lvl 9.... That was changed sometime in 2012 to evolving at lvl 3, 6 and 9 for new players but the original players still only need to evolve at lvl 6 and 9
    Oh! Got it.

I think.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    I've never let Bombs stack up in storage, how large pile of them can you save up without using them? I'm at 192 Amber pieces now and wouldn't mind getting a 2nd one also, for trading. But, i'd hate if i didn't make it and would end up with loads of leftover Amber parts... So i wonder how many bombs i can save up before i actually use them in mine, maybe i can let bombs pile up and see if it's possible getting a 2nd Amber... Otherwise the bombs might give a nice headstart for future mining dragons, hmm...
    You can store up to 25 bombs.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maj1977 View Post
    You can store up to 25 bombs.
    Thank you! Hmm that wasn't so many...oh well...

Executive Chef
    More or less (well a bit past it i guess) halfway into mining event and i set Amber crafting last night - now to make decision if to risk ending up with 199 useless Amber parts in storage when it's over, or if i can make it all the way creating a 2nd one for trading....

Considering how poorly balanced the event is depending on how many times players can evolve dragons on their new/old accounts it ought to be likely that they for fairness prolong the event, but...ah well, decisions decisions.....

Fashion Designer
    I'm crafting Amber now and I also only evolve dragon on lvl 6 and 9.

On the other hand, my other acct that is evolved dragons at lvl 3,6, and 9 still need about 30 pieces more. Oh well, still 12 days left.

So IMO on what lvl you are evolving it don't matter as long as you have food to feed your dragon. No need to evolve until epic if it takes too much food, just feed them on lvl 3 and 6 if you're on 3 steps evolving group. And feed them on lvl 6 if you're on 2 steps evolving group.

Executive Chef
    Now I am having 170 pieces with 10 extra bombs I am so happy I am very close to get it

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by finnth12 View Post
    So IMO on what lvl you are evolving it don't matter as long as you have food to feed your dragon. No need to evolve until epic if it takes too much food, just feed them on lvl 3 and 6 if you're on 3 steps evolving group. And feed them on lvl 6 if you're on 2 steps evolving group.
    The problem is that food is expensive! :]

I'm up to 194 amber pieces, so I should begin crafting tomorrow after mining one more time. I do evolve from 3 to 4, but also plan my evolutions 'round the clock. Getting so many breeding fails that there's always someone to evolve and trade away.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hugpete View Post
    The problem is that food is expensive! :]

I'm up to 194 amber pieces, so I should begin crafting tomorrow after mining one more time. I do evolve from 3 to 4, but also plan my evolutions 'round the clock. Getting so many breeding fails that there's always someone to evolve and trade away.
    I found that at lower levels it is good to have as many habitats as possible and higher earning dragons to get income coming in ...once you stock pile coins food costs are not a problem
    My Storm8 ID's are midnightmeerkat and snowyhillz