Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1050

Thread: New Tournament Nova Dragon

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by shield14 View Post
    And I have lost my first tournament
    I'm lvl 37 and don't have enough dragons to fight on the Arena. Turquoise stopped me.
    My dragons are lvl 6 max and most of you are fighting using Epics or Ultra Rares. I don't have either of them.

I don't really understand why this Arena opens at lvl 35?
    To add more disappointment??? We have enough of it while breeding....
    Tournaments are designed so you can't finish at lower levels without spending gold, but they give you the chance to strategize, see how your team is doing, and possibly win gold if you can get to level 20.

If you check out the levels for most of my winning dragons, I only have about 6 epic dragons and everything else is lower. I do that every tournament. I don't have diamonds, have 3 champions that rarely win - I think my losing helps everyone else's odds lol. But it's possible to get really far by having the right mix of dragons. Early on in tourneys I made a spreadsheet matrix type thing to analyze my dragons while keeping track of my battles. When the best dragon for a fight I didn't have, I noted it. If I was using a dragon over and over, it went on my list to level first.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian452 View Post
    Thanks. After I posted, I triedmy epic Bladewing and finally won. Go figure.
    Well, you used a variation of the 4-step MakMethod i have created myself: Curse - Cry - Quit.....then do a sneaky Comeback quietly and win! You even pulled it off without cursing, crying and quitting much! Now GL with Nova, myself i beat it 1st try with Mummy 7, but as usual there are more dragons that has been successful beating end boss!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shield14 View Post
    Thank you "Song of the North"
    I'm not leveling dragons because at level 45 the mine is opening and I would need explosives to mine for dragons.
    And I also understand that this is all about money for the game developer, this is absolutely natural.
    I don't even mind buying gold and Treasure Boxes offers. But there is smth wrong with the breeding codes.
    So many annoying commons....
    and I absolutely agree with you: there will be more tournaments if my new iPad Air will not follow 2 Android tabs that flew out of the window
    If you can get a champion to level 8 or higher, it will go a long way to bettering your odds of completing the tournament. Champions have pretty good odds of beating most opponents, with the exception of Lvl 16+ Diamonds and Champions. A high level Metal is good against Champions. As for Diamonds, well, you can't do anything about them except pray for good luck unless you have one or two already. Some of the super rares that do pretty good in the tournament that are easy to level up include Honeybee, Landworm and Parakeet. I've leveled up two of each to epic just for tournaments.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    Well, you used a variation of the 4-step MakMethod i have created myself: Curse - Cry - Quit.....then do a sneaky Comeback quietly and win! You even pulled it off without cursing, crying and quitting much! Now GL with Nova, myself i beat it 1st try with Mummy 7, but as usual there are more dragons that has been successful beating end boss!
    If iPad's weren't so expensive, I'm sure more than one or two would have been tossed out the window by now in frustration. :P

Host(ess)
    25. Storm - Lightning M++M

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dor7 View Post
    25. Storm - Lightning M++M
    Nice! I have no idea how much is left of event, but if you're going all the way i wish you best of luck with final rounds!

Fashion Designer
    Some tips on analyzing your fighting team while leveling up and trying to win dragons:

Go through the lists that people post ignoring the champions - amazon, black knight, ninja, sentinel, Templar, and whichever I'm forgetting. Look up the colors of the dragons, and see what is heavily used, as well as names that show up over and over. Lotus you can craft and it's one you want for arena. Atlantis did well in this one (blue green), lightning you can earn in the album - I had a very hard time breeding virtue, I couldn't get a pink on my island until I got lightning. It's an excellent arena dragon. Anything that can't be bred, that you have to craft, is always strong. Keep trying to breed the rarest one of the colors you need, but even with commons of the same color you have a chance at winning, so focus on colors you don't have at all.

Keep doing arena, try for the arena parts for the craftable dragon - right now is Venetian. Anything non breedable, any colors, tends to be useful sometime. Check the color chart and use it like a shopping list lol. Do you have a strong yellow/blue for red dragon opponents? Sometimes you can only attack one color so having a strong dragon against the five basic colors will help tremendously. Ruby is good against green, lightning will work for yellow and is a lot easier to get than mask. Yellow-purple, amethyst or topaz for blue, etc. When you have strong competitors against each basic color, and heavily used arena dragons, you have a very solid team to build on. Good luck to all!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks to all !!!
    After Egyptian Event I feel that all of you guys are making a very friendly and mutually supporting community.
    Thanks again!

to sapphirecros I downloaded your spreadsheet but Excel has removed your formula and now it is 50% useful/useless.

to Guardian452 I recently bought a Valerie in the Treasure Chest and leveled it to 9. I don;t have 63000 food to make it Epic. But it lost all the time to Turquoise.

Farm Supplier
    11:25:30 to go. I am still pummelling on Mercury. He is battered, bruised and bleeding. He can't stand up much longer. I am wearing him down, one puny fight after the next. 8 fails so far but I had to get some sleep and I need to get to work soon. I just know he is going down. Mainly using trickster but tossing in a topaz and a champion between heals.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    Some tips on analyzing your fighting team while leveling up and trying to win dragons:
    ..... Good luck to all!
    That is exactly what I was doing. I was running through all pages of this thread, making notes. And that helped me to get until Turquoise.

Thanks for your guidelines throughout this Tournament, they were very helpful for the newbies like me