Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant story 2! With pictures!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    i understand you guys, i think i would probably react the same for fashion story for example. i gave the most of my time, money and effort in that team lava game, so i would be sad and dissapointed if they just decide one day to make a new game and abandon the old one. i know, it's just a game but still. i don't understand one thing, people love restaurant story and want to continue to spend their money on the game if it continues to get updates. there again we will have this new game which can attract both new and existing players of restaurant story. so this just means even more money for them, or not? so why don't leave the place for both games and have happy customers and even more money?
    That's what TL said they are going to do. That RS 1 will continue to get updates. I just don't believe them cause they said the exact same thing about Farm 1.
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

Fashion Designer
    This new game looks dumb....too cartoonish. I love the original RS, FS2 is too clunky and too kiddish looking, I don't like playing it. This game will be the same. Geez TL why change something that doesn't need changing? Not all of the games need to be turned into a clunky, cartoonish piece of []!!!!!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-25-14 at 08:30 AM. Reason: inappropriate word/bypassing word filter
    Add me if you are a high level player who gifts parts only and gifts goal parts and accepts requests during goals! Must do goals so you know what parts are needed! I rarely tip. No tips required. Food gifters get deleted.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sanya87 View Post
    i understand you guys, i think i would probably react the same for fashion story for example. i gave the most of my time, money and effort in that team lava game, so i would be sad and dissapointed if they just decide one day to make a new game and abandon the old one. i know, it's just a game but still. i don't understand one thing, people love restaurant story and want to continue to spend their money on the game if it continues to get updates. there again we will have this new game which can attract both new and existing players of restaurant story. so this just means even more money for them, or not? so why don't leave the place for both games and have happy customers and even more money?

Well, yes. That is in fact their plan. That is what has happened in Farm Story. There are people playing Farm Story and people playing Farm Story 2. But for long term players who have mastered all the crops and who have purchased everything there is to be purchased that's the end of the game for them. So they have quit. Some have the option of trying out farm story 2, but some do not, since the game is available only for ios players. But here is the beauty of it, new players have no idea that the game is no longer being updated, because everything is new to them as they level up and unlock new decor and crops. Some new players never make it onto the forum so they really have no clue so they see a new item with the nice big "NEW" tag in it and wheeeeeee!!! And then when they see that 30%off gem sale like the one I keep getting, they rush out and go buy themselves some gems.

So, you see, it benefits the company to keep supporting the game, while not continuing to update it. People like me are irrelevant. I don't spend money on gems, so it benefits TL when I quit and am no longer hogging up server space.

Anyway. Just be prepared for it restaurant folks. It's coming. The game will stop being updated eventually.

Rhino Keeper
    Well TL NOT everyone will be able to play this I assume since I play on Kindle (android) and still have nothing to download from Amazon about FS2. I really hope someday and SOON we Kindle players are able to play all the new TL games. I really hope they do keep updating the old RS.

Rhino Keeper
    Know what you mean bobbyrae I'm still with farm story, have neighbors I've been with over 2 years! my cyber family. A couple came back, didn't like farm story2, and I've lost quite a few for various reasons. I shopped around and found a couple replacement games from other companies. Still, hard to let go of old neighbors, happy to meet up with them on facebook.

Grand Emperor
    I'm with everyone else in being pretty sure what will happen to Restaurant Story 1 will follow Farm Story 1. People are still playing Farm Story 1 even without weekly updates as advertized in Google Play.

Restaurant Story 1 will soon have "very limited updates," which will be basically none.

Since the Android Story games haven't had new feature updates since 2012, even though TL is working on Android, there's little chance that Restaurant Story 2 will be available to Android players. I think we will then have Bakery Story, Fashion Story, and Pet Shop Story that are still getting content updates in the regular version or as new version downloads, and eventually those games will have limited to no updates.

Fashion Designer
    With this brand new game comes 3x the work required for updating a current game. I wonder how many new staff were hired for this project, or how many hours it's taken to launch RS2 to the test market. No matter what, there is so much more work that must be put into a new game that this fact alone is condemning evidence that leads us all to come to the sad conclusion.

I am devastated by the impending death of RS; I'm a bakery addict all the way, but RS was my avenue to experiment with decorating and didn't have to be the cutesy, glammed up standards I held for BS. Best of all, the near-weekly release of new recipes kept things not only interesting, but kept the game moving as the food actually sells itself overnight! Just like a real restaurant!

Grand Emperor
    They probably didn't need to hire new staff for RS2 development. If its similar to FS2 as people stated, then they could have used the FS2 baseline and updated it for RS2 using the same staff, who are familiar with the design and code. And they could have used the people who used to work on FS1 and Android updates, since there is little to no work in those areas.

Fashion Designer
    @nmishii: You are probably correct; I would say this theory is founded by the fact the updates have *generally* been lacking for the majority of story games-- the employees usually handling these areas are dividing their time between RS2 and their 'other' responsibilities.

Fashion Designer
    So I guess TL appears to be phasing out games for players not on iOS. They haven't released FS2 for Android after all this time so it seems doubtful they'll be releasing RS2 to us anytime soon. I'll be sad to see RS stop getting updates eventually. We all know how that went with Farm1 as many have posted already. Oh well, I guess I'll be getting some more time back in my day. :-)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast