Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story General Questions-Part II

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lily684 View Post
    How do you complete a dragon tales event with the long wait times in between the chapters? This is the first time Im trying to complete a tales event and I dont see myself finishing in time even though the tasks are pretty simple, but the waiting is too long. Is everyone spending the gold to skip the wait time?
    I don't usually skip, except on day 1 to get to day 2 because it's only 5 days and then I can get the first dragon and start leveling him up and sending him on quests right away. Most tasks can be completed on the day that they are required to be done. During your "down" time you can be sending your dragon on quests, leveling him up (I usually evolve the first dragon at night because it takes 8 hours, and then he can be questing all day long). The last 2 or 3 days are kind of a pain because they do expect you to fit a lot into those last few days - winning x number of battles and raising your second dragon to level 5 the same day you hatch him. They should have you hatch him one day and level him up the next in my opinion, but Storm8 never does anything to make things easier for the players, so that won't change.

Nightclub Owner
    Here are the tasks that you can finish early (before they are needed):

Breed/Hatch/Evolve the Common dragon (in this case, Wealth Dragon)
    Evolve the chapter dragons (Enameled Dragon & Soulstep Dragon) to their required limit
    Craft materials/decorations in one chapter but leave them in the Shop until the next one (for example: Chapter 4 says to craft a Crimson Vase, but you collect and place it in Chapter 5)
    Go on quests to collect parts early and often. I usually count out how many parts I'll get from required quests then send out for the rest (for example, the Celebration Day quest is a requirement 4 times during this event and we needed 10 parts from that quest in total. So I sent Enameled out on 6 quests in the mean time and evolved him overnight)
    When one of the chapters says to complete a quest, you can send the dragon out early and then collect it when the task appears
    Chapter 10 has you craft and place a decoration that usually takes 3 hours to craft, you can start crafting early and collect when that step appears

Another tip: if you have finished the tournament and know you have battles coming up in the later chapters, fight off opponents until you get one that will have a better chance against the dragon you have to fight with (Soulstep here). Also, take the time to level him up to the limit he needs to be (12) before trying to fight with him.

The chapters can sometimes run into each other without getting you off schedule if you plan ahead
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Farm Supplier
    Any tips/tricks or resources for tournaments? I tried to follow the chart of what to use and not use for each dragon type, but Im stuck stuck. Does bash vs magic really make a difference or is it more about finding the right opponent? I dont have many dragons raised above level 10, is that my problem?
    I just dont see how a level 15 can beat dragons that are way higher in level if we are focusing on levels only.
    TIA

Nightclub Owner
    Any tips/tricks or resources for tournaments? I tried to follow the chart of what to use and not use for each dragon type, but Im stuck stuck. Does bash vs magic really make a difference or is it more about finding the right opponent? I dont have many dragons raised above level 10, is that my problem?
    I just dont see how a level 15 can beat dragons that are way higher in level if we are focusing on levels only.
    TIA
    Hi lily684; I just sent you a PM with a personal strategy of mine
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I have a question about our individual "Island Goals." Do we ever run out of goals? I am assuming that we do. Each time I complete one, it seems that a new one pops up, which is fine, but I wonder if there are people who have completed all their island goals and don't have anymore save for the ones that we get each event.

Also, how much importance do you place on completing the goals? When an account is new, it seems important to complete them for XP and coin rewards, but at higher levels it just doesn't matter much to me anymore. However, I realized that I have been playing for 3 or 4 years on my oldest account and still have a ton of dragons that I have thus far been unable to breed on any of my three accounts. You would think after 3 years I would have most of them. Then again, I haven't really prioritized some of them. Some I don't have on any accounts include Turquoise, Atlas, Golem, most of the Zodiacs, Castle, Crownprince, Chess, all of the metal (Darksteel, Mech, Cyber, Chrome, Gadget), and Neon. I just got my first ever Porcelain.
    I don't see that anyone ever answered this question I had about island goals. Do we ever finish them all? And why does it take so long to breed some of these metal hybrids? I have been focusing on them now, and no luck. Basically no luck anytime I really try to complete one of these island goals. They always seem to just get completed as a byproduct of another goal, but, like I said, I have a bunch that I've never been able to breed at all.

Rhino Keeper
    Can anyone tell me how long the Valentine’s Day sale will last? I’m fairly new to the game and this is the first sale since I started playing...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastedOwl View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long the Valentine’s Day sale will last? I’m fairly new to the game and this is the first sale since I started playing...
    I honestly don't know if it will end Friday or Tuesday. I would guess Tuesday, but I don't want to say that and have someone miss out on a sale because I was wrong. All I know for sure is that sales reset every Friday and Tuesday, but I would really think and hope that they would keep the Valentine's Day sale going through the weekend since Friday is V. Day.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I honestly don't know if it will end Friday or Tuesday. I would guess Tuesday, but I don't want to say that and have someone miss out on a sale because I was wrong. All I know for sure is that sales reset every Friday and Tuesday, but I would really think and hope that they would keep the Valentine's Day sale going through the weekend since Friday is V. Day.

Thank you for your response! I was prepared in case the sale ended on Friday.

Does anyone happen to know how often the Evolution temple goes on sale?

Farm Supplier
    Can anyone share picture of their Opal Dragon? Trying to see if its worth purchasing during the sale

The Honorable Panda
    Can anyone share picture of their Opal Dragon? Trying to see if its worth purchasing during the sale

Here is the thread on the Opal Dragon:
    Post 1 has a picture.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1248250
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request