Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanding Your Bakery

Rhino Keeper

Expanding Your Bakery

Has anyone else just about given up on saving up enough money to expand their bakery? I say this and i'm only at the 6,000,000 expansion lol. And I have bought gems before, but I would MUCH rather use them to decorate my bakery, rather than expand it. I basically refuse to use gems to expand.

It's just so hard and takes so long to save up that much money for it, especially with the weekly updates (if I like them; I LOVED the ice cream theme and bought dozens of tables and chairs). And the goals too, they pretty much require you to dump tens, if not hundreds of thousands of coins for them. I know goals are an option, but I want to do them.

I've done the whole "efficient layout/make nothing but RVC" methods to make money, and, while they really DO work, to me, it seems like too much work to put into a lighthearted game and takes some fun out of it. The fact that a game like this pretty much REQUIRES such manipulation if you don't want to spend real money, well...it kinda sucks lol.

It's taking me quite a while to save up the 6 million. I can't even imagine how long it would take to save up 20,000,000 and the other outrageous expansion prices. And all that money spent into getting one measly little square added around your bakery.

I always end up regretting the expansion at first, because I end up so poor that I can't decorate the new section (or end up not being able to afford matching the decoration on the newly expanded section), so it's just blank and ugly while the rest of my bakery is cute lol. And to see my coin total plummet so drastically in an instant is kind of painful lol. But I WANT to make my bakery bigger so I can fit more cute stuff in it.

I started playing well after the price hike, so I can't even imagine how helpless and angry long-time players must have felt.

Anyone else feel the same?

Also, would it **** TL to make some newer recipes higher profit? Everything is +4 (or +0 like the valentines cookie glitch lol). Why no +6, +8, etc recipes?
    Last edited by zeldashepard; 03-16-14 at 03:41 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I was reading your post and had to check the expansion price when I saw 6mil - I had always thought that it's 8. Now I can expand!

I see expansion as an option - I'm not very good at decorating and so the extra space's always a challenge. That said, I love a bigger bakery (more business, eh?) so I guess I'm still expanding (with coins). Not sure what level you're on but an efficient structure (With an extra door) helps a lot, I found - and I'm making around 200k everyday (not as much as some other players but sufficient for saving/ other purposes, I found).

Rhino Keeper
    I know my next expansion was is like 12,000,000 and I almost got there when ice theme came and I already had a gelato stand and ice cream castle to go good so I had too but than saved up again and got opportunity to buy old Halloween items so I spent like 5000000 on that. So I don't know when I will expand

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by larissa2k View Post
    I know my next expansion was is like 12,000,000 and I almost got there when ice theme came and I already had a gelato stand and ice cream castle to go good so I had too but than saved up again and got opportunity to buy old Halloween items so I spent like 5000000 on that. So I don't know when I will expand
    Wait there're old Halloween items for sale in the past few weeks? I've totally missed that!

Rhino Keeper
    I've only expanded once since the price hike so long ago. My next expansion I believe is the 10M one, and I honestly dont think I'll ever get there. I'm coming to terms with it though, because for me the most enjoyable part of the game is decorating, and I redesign my bakery very often. That is expensive though of course, so when I get an idea in my head and redecorate, I'm basically spending any money I saved since the last update. I'm at a standstill of about 2.5M. I can't seem to get any higher for any length of time, so 10M really feels unattainable. Because I love decorating so much, I desperately want more space in which to do that, but it seems as if I can't have both without buying gems. So, for now, I've given up on expanding and just focusing on using the space I have well. Which is a challenge in and of itself, when you have so many pretty things you want to put out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by larissa2k View Post
    ice cream castle? O.O never heard of it! I'm intrigued.

Executive Chef
    Well it sounds like u need 2 make a decision and that's which is more important- decorating or expanding? Cuz it'll only take 40 gems 2 expand and u get 2 4 every recipe u master. Or r u at the pt where u don't have that many 2 choose from? I paid in coins until I got 2 the 10k expansion then I went 2 gems, but I was more interested in expansion then a beautiful bakery.
    So will it b beauty or bigger?
    O and I started in July 2012 but never bought anything or expanded until after the price hike I think.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    Well it sounds like u need 2 make a decision and that's which is more important- decorating or expanding? Cuz it'll only take 40 gems 2 expand and u get 2 4 every recipe u master. Or r u at the pt where u don't have that many 2 choose from? I paid in coins until I got 2 the 10k expansion then I went 2 gems, but I was more interested in expansion then a beautiful bakery.
    So will it b beauty or bigger?
    O and I started in July 2012 but never bought anything or expanded until after the price hike I think.
    That's what I debate with every day lol. When I get over 3,000,000 coins, new stuff starts to come out, and if I love it, I buy it. I figure that TL might randomly decide to remove items and i would rather play it safe and buy what I want right away. The expansions will always be there, but decorations might not.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    Wait there're old Halloween items for sale in the past few weeks? I've totally missed that!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldashepard View Post
    ice cream castle? O.O never heard of it! I'm intrigued.
    I found this website that lets you download old Halloween bakery story and I spent a lot on it ,and the ice cream castle was from black Friday sale it cost 49 gems and I have only used once so gems not well spent

Rhino Keeper
    its is really hard to expand if not much coins to buy it...that is why i am using gems for expansion(i dont buy gems) i got it from mastering the food and thru those new updates lol...argh! im on 12M to expand, still 6 more expansion to reach the 23x26 lol
    Playing BS and RS but currently adding 40+ and above lvl and an ACTIVE PLAYERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast