Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mole Mounds Do Not Increase Moles

Executive Chef
    wish i'd checked here first. i saw that you could have up to 3 mole mounds, so i figured 1 would be faster, 2 would be faster yet, and 3 would give you pretty fast mole collecting, but my 1 mole mound has made negligible difference at best. i wonder if this feature has been thoroughly tested in android? because while i didn't time my moles previous to buying the mound, i've been checking them against butterflies (for which i don't have any of the supposed speed-up gardens) and they're no faster than those. HUGELY disappointed, TL.

Farm Supplier
    I only bought the mole mound because it was a cute animated decoration. I do notice a slight increase in mole appearance...but I seem to live on this game just to play whack-a-mole. LOL

Executive Chef
    I want to start this saying I know this is an older thread - But, I still want to say or put my input into this.

Do note, my perspective/opinion on this isn't confirmed to be factual, or that I am stating it as such, or saying it's correct.

It's just my experience and what I think (personally) about it.

Now onto my post.

---

I have got all 3 mole holes,

While I have not noticed a super dramatic increase (which I don't think there is supposed to be anyway) I have notice them pop up way more than before I had bought the mole holes.

I also feel like I do happen to get more collectibles from them when tapping on them. Instead of before, where I would mainly and mostly only get coins.

Which in turn, allows me to be able to turn in collections faster. I have turned in at least over 5-7 collections since I've had bought them. And it's only been at most a week (maybe 2) since I've gotten them at all.

As before, I was only able to turn in a collection, if I'm lucky, once a week.

I also have noticed if you have open space, like this, for me, more are bound to pop up. If I have no open space on my farm, at all, nothing will pop up.

Also a notice: since I haven't bought any of the "bushes for butterflies" yet, I get way more moles popping up than I do butterflies now.

Personally I only bought the mole hole(s) for decorative purposes, and didn't care too much about gaining anything from it, it was just an added bonus to it. Especially since I very frequently am able to find tools in the newspaper now.

Also in my experience, buying more than 1 will increase chances of them appearing. But again, I agree with a comment on the first page of this thread

"Make sure that you do not have all ground covered with sidewalks. Moles have to have someplace to pop up"

I think personally, if someone can have open space on there farm - that will help to even see some appear, regardless if you've bought the holes or not.

Do note, however - as before, I am not stating this as factual, so take what you want from this - but don't accuse me of saying stuff I didn't/ or accuse me of stating stuff as correct or a fact. This is just speculation on what I've personally experienced.

I definitely will look into the butterfly bushes next, seeing as though you turn in a collection - and you have the opportunity of getting either coins, or gems. Which even if very few, I wouldn't care either way. As again, it can be also used a decoration, which is what I like most about it.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 07-18-20 at 10:16 AM.

Executive Chef
    And also, as long as I can pull at least 5 collections turned in for the moles weekly, like I am currently, I will never buy the forge. Especially when I am already pulling in a decent amount of tools currently.

I may buy pickaxes when I find them in the newspaper, even though I have at least 40 of them. Just because I will eventually need them for the mine, for challenges/events or etc when I get to that level of needing to.

But other than that, going forward I will only rely on the mole turn ins to get tools I need. Which is surprising, seeing as though I always never had enough tools to clear up land foliage after expanding. Now I am able to instantly clear up the foliage after doing so, now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12