Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament- Sentinel Dragon- IOS

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexxx View Post
    20 bladewing - diamond b+++
    21 prism - quetzal b+++
    22 gold - diamond b+++

::3
    Congrats dalexxx & GoodLuck on your next battle.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kami365 View Post
    Congrats MakJulos,GoodLuck in your next battle.
    Thank you Kami and congratulations to making it all the way! Myself i'll relax now and go easy on my dragons, 6 rounds left and if i get stuck badly i'll just Ultimate instead of stressing up over it!

Executive Chef
    Round 29 Epic Diamond beat Anubis Lv 20, B+BB
    Yay!!! Kami only 1 to go

Fashion Designer
    Finally last week I bought my first Diamond,no way to bred it,and spent all of my one year saved Gold bar.
    I also bought Dark Angel used money.
    Perhaps since you previously bought the Dark Angel, TL gave you a free pass on having easy battles on the tournaments. Oh that must be nice.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    Kami doesn't have any special secret, he just taps his finger on bash or magic and the rest is down to how the game plays.

If you observe these threads on tournaments and the ones on crafting you will see that some people consistently have very easy battles with few losses and others consistently have to fight many rounds to beat certain dragons. The consistency of this suggests this is not just down to luck.

My conclusion is that not all accounts are created equally. You can observe this across a number of Team Lava games where you can see obvious differences in how accounts differ in terms of prices, drop rates, success rates, gold and gem sales etc and the unfairness of it all. They are a business and are constantly doing market research to see what they need to do to maximize their gold/gem sales.

I have a very good collection of dragons, including champions, diamond hybrids and a lot of super rare epics and yet I still lose fairly consistently, usually beginning with round 1. This tournament took 3 battles to defeat the first dragon, a level 1. I keep a tally of my losses during tournaments and it usually takes me about 80 to 90 battles to win and this often includes some ultimate attacks. Despite all my good dragons, that is fairly consistent and that consistency suggests this is not by chance.

Why does it take me 80 to 90 battles to win a tournament and another person can do it in 32 to 35 battles? If everyone could win with 35 battles, TL would never get any gold sales from tournaments. If everyone took 90 battles to win, people probably wouldn't play thinking that the odds were stacked so that they had to spend gold to win.

So they have a mix of players, some who are winning easily to show it can be done without gold to encourage others to play and then some who have to spend gold to win, to keep the business going.

I know it can be frustrating when you get the tough end of the deal but it is just a game. Try to have some fun with it. I've accepted the fact that I will never get the easy wins like some people have.

On the other hand, ask Kami how easy it was for him to breed a Diamond. He wasn't able to do it, yet other people can do it relatively easily (I did on my second account). Enough people get the dragon free to show it is obtainable and just enough have to pay for it to keep the business going.....and so on.....
    QFT.

Just as I expected, round 1-19 was pretty easy (2 losses). Round 20 I used ulti.

Round 21, Prism 12 got me a fair chance: 35% with my single Epic Atlantis, and 25% with multiple others. Atlantis lost 3 times, Aether, Dawntree and Four-Leaf each lost 1 time: all together it costed me 7 hours to beat this "simple" dragon... And now there 3 waiting for the Healing Well and Atlantis is still in for an hour.

I agree with you on the breeding too: some dragons I get by the multi (Peacock, Aether), some I get on first try (Dawntree, Lunar Horse), and some I can't get for over a year (Aurora, Mask). Some limiteds or seasonal I've been trying every time they were available (Mermaid, Snowman, Passion, all Halloween-dragons, now all Valentines-dragons) but (as good as) NEVER got any of them... Not to speak about the Diamonds... I gave up on that one...

It would be nice if TL would alter the chances from time to time... Than the players that had it easy have it a bit harder, and those that have it hard, can enjoy the easy play for a while. You would know your chances will change in time... know you would get the nice offers, win those tourneys, get those dragons. Now it's time after time after time knowing you breed and try and battle for nothing... It's taking away a bit of the fun. It's not that I don't want people to have the pleasure of easy tourneys, but it would be nice if others had the same luck also from time to time...

Anyone struggling with Secret-i used Caesar 2 bashes. Also used him during the last tourny to beat Secret!

Executive Chef
    Round 30 Epic Passion beat Sentinel Lv 20, MB+B
    Congrats, kami on finishing the tournament!!!

23) Sphinx (16) defeated by Dynasty (10) mbb
    24) Helios (16) defeated by Lightmare (10) mbm
    25) Immortal (20) defeated by Black Knight (10) (on first try- also happened to me with Bladewing this tournament- got it on 1st try- can't believe it)!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lorentw View Post
    getting my butt handed to me regularly on main account stuck on celtic 12 for 3 rounds now
    Good luck lorentw! I was also stuck on Celtic for 3 rounds! Sorry it was 2! I got it with Lightmare (10). Mm

Executive Chef
    Thanks Sumercarefree & congrats on your all above wins, GoodLuck against Elements
    Thnx Buddy.
    Elements - used Immortal

Fashion Designer
    Cornucopia beat sphinx bm++

Thanks master kami ::3