Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: stock piling food

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyMtnGirl View Post
    If you do not have anywhere for people to sit they leave angry and your rating goes down.
    Having your star rating go down is not something about which you need be concerned All that happens is that food sells much slower and it affords you time to build up a little stockpile. Once you give customers access to all the chairs the rating goes back up pretty much immediately. Having your counters empty while your food cooks also makes your rating drop.

Closing the door is much worse than turning the chairs. Closing the bakery door has had some seriously adverse effects for some players. Not everyone experiences it, but for some players once the door opens all the food on the counters just disappears. I think some other things have happened as well but can't remember. So TL warns against doing it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    Wow I wish I had this problem! Maybe the OP isn't mastering recipes and just cooking here and there.
    As elainecarrell said, it really depends on how many appliances are available. On my secondary game i have about 10 appliances available and it is ridiculously hard stockpiling anything even while mastering food. I keep trying to cook higher yield recipes but it still doesn't "stick". I keep running out of food. Every now and then i will turn all the chairs except two just to build up some food.

Farm Supplier
    I have noticed the rating only goes down if you are in your bakery. I always run out of food on restaurant story when i go to sleep and when i wake upp i have no food, but 100 rating points.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    As elainecarrell said, it really depends on how many appliances are available. On my secondary game i have about 10 appliances available and it is ridiculously hard stockpiling anything even while mastering food. I keep trying to cook higher yield recipes but it still doesn't "stick". I keep running out of food. Every now and then i will turn all the chairs except two just to build up some food.
    The OP already clarified they still have trouble stock piling food even when they have 18 ovens out. I've never ever run out of food in the 2 years I've been playing this game and I've had my feeding pen layout since the price hike to sell food faster and its still slow. I've recently been leaving my game open for 8 hours a night and that's helped speed up the food sales.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't like have tons of counters because it's harder to decorate, right now i have about 34 and i find cooking a variety of things helps get more counters and food stays on the counter longer. i try not to master the recipes on the regular oven quickly because i don't want to master everything and then get bored so i usually concentrate on mastering the recipes on the goal/specialty ovens and this helps stockpile my food. i will cook things on the regular ovens when there is a lull with new recipes or when i'm in desperate need of gems the food also doesn't stick around FOREVER because i dont have like 80 counters. i find this is the way i like to play

I have an unfortunate stockpile of food- It sucks. The other day I read you only need 14 tables (that's all that is ever used at one time) to keep your customers happy. I have 17 tables and always rate 100. For those of you who want to stockpile and still decorate this is some good intel!

Executive Chef
    I have approx. 13 days left til all my old food sells out!!!!!!! Then it's time to master the last few recipes and then I can bake RVC plus other high coin foods, while being up to date with all recipes being mastered and not having millions of plates of food left over, or throwing away food. I can't wait......!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 108thndrdome View Post
    I have an unfortunate stockpile of food- It sucks. The other day I read you only need 14 tables (that's all that is ever used at one time) to keep your customers happy. I have 17 tables and always rate 100. For those of you who want to stockpile and still decorate this is some good intel!
    I read that too and i dont understand. I thought if you have more tables you get more customers? Also if they dont have to go so far you win some time on each customer to finish quicker. I will read baout the "method" everyone is talking about, but reading through several pages in a forum take a long time.....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 108thndrdome View Post
    I think u read wrong. The most ull ever have in ur place is 28 not 24, therefore u need between 22-26 tables and chairs in there. I'm sure if u ask the other old times they'll tell u the same thing.

I think I was one of the lucky ones in Bakery that managed to sell off all the food at one point (by not cooking for a month and letting all the food to sell out) but my stockpile is coming back soon (already 16 counters and counting, but still very little compared to my friend who has 53 counters)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast