Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Else Do This....?

Fashion Designer

Unhappy Does Anyone Else Do This....?

I've honestly only ever finished two goals...I usually never do them because I don't feel like I will finish it, or I don't like it.
    I wish TeamLava would let us have every oven without needing to complete goals to get them. I want the gems..but I don't want to do these goals with silly themes. I don't want St. Patricks Day stuff in my bakery, nor do I want pirate ships in it! It sucks..

Executive Chef
    I enjoy doing the challenges. It's what keeps it interesting. If it was just cooking, cooking, cooking, I'd b bored, bored, bored. I've been playing since July 2012 and sure there've been 1s I didn't care 4 but did them anyways. I guess it's just the way u look at it. I know ppl who've mastered everything and just come back 4 them.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 03-12-14 at 08:23 PM.

Farm Supplier
    You don't have to keep the decorations in your bakery. I always redecorate immediately after I buy goal items. But it does eat up a lot of coins on decor that I'll never use. It makes it more challenging to save up for the things I do want, that can be a good or bad thing. There's only so much they can make you do in this game for goals -- buy things, cook things, visit people or ask them for items. At least they don't make us spend gems.

But hey, play however you want to play. If you don't like the goals, don't feel obligated to do them. You'll miss out on some items but to me it's barely worth it to get them. Most of my neighbors decorate only for goals and don't even care what their bakery looks like.

Rhino Keeper
    I do the goals even if I don't like some sometimes, just because I want more ovens and recipes. To be honest, i'm not feeling the st paddy's goals/recipes, so i'm just running through them as fast as I can for the gems and XP. everything I get from them (floor tiles, wallpaper, etc) is going straight into storage as soon as it's purchased. Same thing with the goal prize. It's going straight into storage; not because I don't like it (i'm one of the few who doesn't hate it), but because I don't feel like making room for it.

I'm actually throwing the food away as soon as it's done. It doesn't "go" with my cutesy bakery and I don't want to stare at the stockpile for the next month or two.

I have some neighbors who don't do ANY goals at all, ever, and that's perfectly fine. Play how you want, there's no "right" or "wrong" way to play BS. one of the many good things about this game.
    Last edited by zeldashepard; 03-12-14 at 10:39 PM.

Executive Chef
    I don't always like the final goal prize but I don't like missing out on ovens and thus recipes so I do them. It doesn't take up too much of my time so I dont mind.

Farm Supplier
    I always do the goals and keep the items in storage. Some items I do like I will put on display.

The goals give an extra excitement to the game. A lot of players have passed the level 50 and after that there is nothing more left then the goals and updates.

The goals is what keep the level 99 with 3 years of gametime still active!
    (>^ -^)> Add me on BS: Acey09 <(^. ^<)

Not all those who wander are lost ~ Mischief Managed ~ One does not simply walk into Mordor

Rhino Keeper
    I love goals! I'll buy/make what they tell me to. Even if I end up owning stuff that are imo ugly I might want them someday, it's happened before. It's good to have them unlocked. As for the food I'll make them sooner or later, so. BS is a do whatever you want kind of game, which I like, but it's good to have a purpose every now and then.

Rhino Keeper
    I usually just store the stuff you have to buy, as well as the ovens once I'm through with them. I just like having something to do. At this point, my bakery is configured how I want it to be, and the goals give me something to do.

Rhino Keeper
    I play in the same kind of way. I don't really complete any of the goals, most of them I don't like much. I don't like wasting money on things that I don't want, yes I can put them in storage, but I'll never use them again if I don't like what I've purchased, and it's not like I can get back all of my money I spent on buying goal items either.

I wouldn't mind goals so much if we could pick optional things to buy. (Example, flooring and wallpaper - being able to choose whatever style we want) I know some goals allow people to do this, but not all of them.

Rhino Keeper
    I finished all goals (except a few when I was a newbie and didn't have enough coins), not because of the gems (from new ovens) or the goal prize (and d?cor) but for the "thrill". As a few players mentioned above you'll easily get bored if you aren't interested in the weekly updates (or if they just give you a box when you don't intend to buy) or mastering the recipes. I'm not even level 99 yet and have not mastered all recipes but honestly would have given up BS if not for the goals. Sometimes I wish they last for 2 weeks instead of 1 month!

But I think you raised a fair point about goal ovens - for many weeks I look at the updates and thought "why isn't there a new oven/ mixer that are not goal-related"? In my opinion we've too many d?cor-related items. Not that they're not important - I do like decorating - but ovens, mixers, tables and chairs make the "core" part of a bakery. Yes I'm aware of the gem concern but seriously, even if they give us 10 new ovens/ mixers a year that only translate into 20 gems. How many items can we buy with that? And in any event I don't see how we'll stop buying gems (if we're ever going to get them) if each player get 20 more gems - my guess is that some players will think that it's not enough to buy anything serious and start buying them... just a thought, TL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast