Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Gem Reward system

Executive Chef
    I equate the free gems offer for doing something to other businesses giving something for free for purchase of a new offer/product. So yes they will never be consistent or constant because it keeps players guessing.

Farm Supplier
    My offer for FS is only 3 gems. The disparity is ridiculous.

ETA: Only getting 3 gems offered for BS St. Patrick's day as well. So what does this mean, TL? I'm stuck as only being able to get 3 gems going forward now while others get up to 8? What a load of equine excrement.
    Last edited by Hanakimi87; 03-10-14 at 12:40 PM.

Farm Supplier
    And TL, are you going to comment on this or just ignore us as per your protocol?

Rhino Keeper
    I got 8 gems for downloading FS spring, but got NO gems for BS st paddy's day. Weird.

EDIT: I got 8 gems in RS and ZERO on bakery story for the download even though I was prompted on both games.
    Last edited by zeldashepard; 03-10-14 at 02:22 PM.

I only got 3 for installing the st patricks day one on both bakery story and resturant story not 6 and also only 15 gold in dragon story not 30 but my friend got 6 and 30 I don't understand we are both on level 99

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyumsnack View Post
    I guess TL is thinking they're giving away too many free gems and less purchases are being made. The free gems from cooking and downloading actually got me a little addicted to the point that I contemplated buying gems...but refused based on the gem trap issue. The refusal to do away with the gem traps ( more correctly stated, their programming in the traps) suggests a lack of confidence in their games.

As for the downloads, the worst for me was Bingo. I decided to go for the 3 level up gems, but you could only play a few cards every 24 hours. It was logistically impossible to level up to the reward before the goal expired. I felt a little ripped off though, of course, my complete waste of time was on me. Still, lousy trick.
    The ironic thing is (at least for me) that by doing this it only makes me continue to not purchase gems lol

Executive Chef
    Giving us less gems as rewards is pretty discouraging. I would've never even imagined I'd ever buy gems with real money. But after I made the switch to android and started getting the 6 gems offers, I got used to having a little bit of gems and even more used to spending them, until eventaully I started buying gems. If they cut off the little bits of free gems we get here and there, why would we pitch in and buy gems from them?

Nightclub Owner
    If they cut off the little bits of free gems we get here and there, why would we pitch in and buy gems from them?
    Because no more free gems means no more free gems.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Because no more free gems means no more free gems.
    Nope. The only reason I started buying from them is because they were nice enough to offer me 6 gems for downloading new games, which felt like they were appreciating their customers. If there's no appreciation, there will be no continuous donations to them and I will go back to buying small coin items instead, skipping LTO's, gem items and boxes alltogether. Buying virtual pixels is a splurge, take the incentive and there will be no splurge.

Grand Emperor
    I don't think appreciating their customers is TL's first intent of offering gems to download games. I think they offered the gems to get current players to download games they normally wouldn't, so that the download count in Google Play / Apple App Store would be high for their games and new players would then download those games.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast