Thread: Please add Pests (gophers,rabbits, chicken hawks,wolves,etc)

Unregistered

Please add Pests (gophers,rabbits, chicken hawks,wolves,etc)

Hello Team,
    I was playing the game when I asked myself why we couldn't have pest infested farms. If we had pests on the farms, the gameplay would seriouslybe altered. It is just too easy to plow, toss some seeds, watch others water, and wait a few hours or days in order to collect the produce. It would be nice to have pests such as a gopher, snails, rabbits, crows, etc who will destroy your crops. Buying poisons or purchasing a cat to eat the intruders, purchasing scarecrows, and traps set up around the perimeter of the farm would be great. As for the livestock. Chickenhawks, coyotes ,and snakes can eat and **** the chickens. Wolves and certain types of coyotes can **** the sheep.
    Perhaps the option of purchasing different types of dogs will be costly but needed In order to protect the livestock. The dog will need to be place near the livestock, and will only protect the livestock from the direction it is facing, or perhaps will only have a line of sight of 5 to 10 squares around the perimeter of the farm or corral. Different dogs have different lines of sight. I know many children can play the game, so perhaps when the animals are ****ed, a simple message such as "you lost a sheep" due to an attack would be displayed.Just and idea. By the way great game. Add me Chief Mallow

Farmer Grud

Good idea

I agree with you and your idea of adding some kinds of pest to the game. You are the first person I've seen voice this idea. I'm not sure how the game developers could add something like this, but I agree it would DEFINATLY add to the playability and enjoyment of the game to create some sort of pest.

Unregistered

Additional idea

I also though about having, well for fun, a UFO that would abduct your cows. I don't know what could be created in order to protect the cows from abductions, perhaps buying a roof top corral building that would house them, or the option to place the cows inside the barn. I'd also like to see a donkey or a horse added to the livestock options.I know it all sounds very complicated but it doesn't have to be. For instance when a crop disappears do to it being eaten or destroyed, or an animal is attacked and dragged away or abducted, a simple Message Will be displayed. For instance I notice that when I open the game In The mornings I receive a display of a farmer that indicates I have receive some gold. The same could apply to the pests. A simple message is displayed every day at a certain time when the game is accessed, just like the farmer, indicating we had losts crops or livestock, and then indicate the reason right below. Just ideas. Add me Chief
    Mallow
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-24-10 at 08:53 AM.

Farmer Grud

Don't forget about Crop Circles

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also though about having, well for fun, a UFO that would abduct your cows. I don't know what could be created in order to protect the cows from abductions, perhaps buying a roof top corral building that would house them, or the option to place the cows inside the barn. I'd also like to see a donkey or a horse added to the livestock options. Just ideas. Add me Chief Mallow
    Funny you should mention UFOs. As your friendly resident Alien Farmer, I've been toying with the idea of creating crop circles in the farms.

Last edited by Unregistered; 05-24-10 at 10:12 AM.

Unregistered

Like this idea.

I definitely like this idea, the gameplay dynamics would certainly be changed and the difficulty settings of those suggestions would certainly make the game stand out. I especially like the idea of placing the animals in barns, chicken coops, stables etc, this would definitely free up some space for planting. With the added option of placing the animals inside the buildings, you also add the importance of purchasing buildings. Let's say you place your cows in the barn, by clicking on the barn you are taken to a new screen where you can view them,(such as inside the barn) collect from them, and this also would add to the purpose of owning livestock in the game. I'm not too fond of the u.f.o. Idea but it can work.