Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Thread! What Goal Do I Do Next?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    some quests require the Royal Chateau. Even main storyline quests!
    Hmm, & I also see now that they are both 10 gems, relative bargain, maybe save tickets for other things. Love those pop-up games!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryEllen821 View Post
    Hmm, & I also see now that they are both 10 gems, relative bargain, maybe save tickets for other things. Love those pop-up games!
    10 gems per ticket!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    10 gems per ticket!
    Oh dear! That's a BIG difference, should have known too good to be true. Back to trading . . .

Executive Chef
    MaryEllen, depending on where you are in the storyline and how frequently you trade, you can do the Tinker camp first and still get back to 50 trade tickets to get the Chateau before the goal that requires it. That goal is early on in the Glimmergate quest line. Check the goal list in the Hub to see how far away you are.

I was able to get the Tinker camp first and then the Chateau a little bit in advance of when I needed it. One tip that's very helpful for gathering trade tickets... if you haven't already unlocked the Magic Garden and/or harvested any glimmerbulbs, you still have the basic fruit trade for +5 energy. You want to keep this as long as possible because once you collect from the Magic Garden and/or harvest glimmerbulbs, the trade upgrades to one that's impossible to do more frequently than once a week. You can do every single thing in the Magic Garden questline except collect from it... then wait until you have 90 tickets and then collect. Your trade will upgrade and you will get a one time 5 ticket bonus, putting you very close to the 99 you need. If you're able to play this way, it's definitely possible to get the Tinker camp quickly.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    MaryEllen, depending on where you are in the storyline and how frequently you trade, you can do the Tinker camp first and still get back to 50 trade tickets to get the Chateau before the goal that requires it. That goal is early on in the Glimmergate quest line. Check the goal list in the Hub to see how far away you are.

I was able to get the Tinker camp first and then the Chateau a little bit in advance of when I needed it. One tip that's very helpful for gathering trade tickets... if you haven't already unlocked the Magic Garden and/or harvested any glimmerbulbs, you still have the basic fruit trade for +5 energy. You want to keep this as long as possible because once you collect from the Magic Garden and/or harvest glimmerbulbs, the trade upgrades to one that's impossible to do more frequently than once a week. You can do every single thing in the Magic Garden questline except collect from it... then wait until you have 90 tickets and then collect. Your trade will upgrade and you will get a one time 5 ticket bonus, putting you very close to the 99 you need. If you're able to play this way, it's definitely possible to get the Tinker camp quickly.
    Very, very helpful, thank you! You've pulled together info that I'd seen mentioned, but didn't have the context to understand. I'm still just at the very beginnings of the storyline, trying to grow "tall" in resource production capacity before going "wide" in storylines, adventures, quests, what have you. Going for tinker camp first, with lots of fruit & meat trades & occasional trapper trade will keep me busy & more than happy for now.

OK, I'm at a point where I'm out of mithril and need it and also low on jewels as I've just been doing the jewellers trade in order to get mithril for another goal recently completed.

I am gathering jewels as much as I can from all the sources I have, but need to decide which goal to use the jewels I get on first:

In the Dragon Egg list I'm on Cracking the Case which needs 10 mithril. I only have one mithril at the moment. I don't have a dragon yet so would like to get on with this one. So that means doing the jewellers trade as often as possible in the hope of getting mithril. So that needs 30 jewels at a time. And I'll need to do it at least five times and likely many times than that.

My deep mine is at level two but I can't upgrade it further as it need 10 mithril too! It never seems to drop mithril for me anyway.
    I can't build another deep mine as I'm low on glimmerdust as that's all going on the jewellers trade, so I don't have enough enchanters essence to make all the enchanted blocks and beams needed for it. My normal mines all already at level 5

I have one jewellers at level four, but that needs another 20 jewels to upgrade to level 5 - and to build a new jewellers needs 10 jewels. Is it worth doing this to then be able to get more jewels for the jewellers trade?

I also have the Evil Queen statue goal in the glimmergate goal thread to complete. For this I need to make one more ornate block (15 jewels) and have another 50 jewels in order to craft the statue.

So should I concentrate on the jewellers trade, build a new jewellers, or get the evil queen statue built first?
    Also, which adventures have the best drop rate for jewels and do any of them give mithril or ornate blocks?

Rhino Keeper
    For mithril, build a 2nd deep mine. That should take priority since it will drop jewels and can drop mithril. It will also give you more silver so that you can make mithril (if you have the 4th shard). I also built a 2nd jeweler when I was at the mithril heavy point of the questlines.

Upgrading the jeweler or the mine won't give you more jewels, so don't use your resources on that right now.

You'll come to a point where you need a lot of dragon scales to make mythic essence, so just focus on hatching your dragon right now instead of the gllimmergate goals.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonarch View Post
    OK, I'm at a point where I'm out of mithril and need it and also low on jewels as I've just been doing the jewellers trade in order to get mithril for another goal recently completed.

I am gathering jewels as much as I can from all the sources I have, but need to decide which goal to use the jewels I get on first:

In the Dragon Egg list I'm on Cracking the Case which needs 10 mithril. I only have one mithril at the moment. I don't have a dragon yet so would like to get on with this one. So that means doing the jewellers trade as often as possible in the hope of getting mithril. So that needs 30 jewels at a time. And I'll need to do it at least five times and likely many times than that.

My deep mine is at level two but I can't upgrade it further as it need 10 mithril too! It never seems to drop mithril for me anyway.
    I can't build another deep mine as I'm low on glimmerdust as that's all going on the jewellers trade, so I don't have enough enchanters essence to make all the enchanted blocks and beams needed for it. My normal mines all already at level 5

I have one jewellers at level four, but that needs another 20 jewels to upgrade to level 5 - and to build a new jewellers needs 10 jewels. Is it worth doing this to then be able to get more jewels for the jewellers trade?

I also have the Evil Queen statue goal in the glimmergate goal thread to complete. For this I need to make one more ornate block (15 jewels) and have another 50 jewels in order to craft the statue.

So should I concentrate on the jewellers trade, build a new jewellers, or get the evil queen statue built first?
    Also, which adventures have the best drop rate for jewels and do any of them give mithril or ornate blocks?
    Save the queen statue for last...it's just deco & to go further along in the Greselda line, you'll need dragon scales so try to get the dragon first. Building a new jeweler will double your chances of jewels dropping over upgrading an existing jeweler (that just gives you more RP & coins). Also, collect from Sabina's house every 4 hrs, if you have her, because she also sometimes drops jewels. Request jewels or glimmerdust from your neighbors. Try to fit in a Trade With Bella Donna if you can spare the rat tails, cuz she gives you jewels and glimmerdust. The lower adventures (Ancient Vaults & Bandits) tend to bring back jewels more often. Dark Caves is the one for enchanted stuff and Desert Sands is more likely to bring you an ornate beam or block or even magic cement.
    Also, I'd try to build that second deep mine before worrying about upgrading the one you have since it'd double the chance of getting a mithril to drop.
    Others may suggest differently but if it was me, since mithril is the hardest to get, I'd concentrate on building a second deep mine first & then a second jeweler to help with jeweler trades. The second deep mine will also help with jewel drops (& other goodies). G'luck!

Ps. Lol, what 88silver said. Lol
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 05-21-15 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Ps, working on post at same time as 88siiver

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonarch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    For mithril, build a 2nd deep mine. That should take priority since it will drop jewels and can drop mithril. It will also give you more silver so that you can make mithril (if you have the 4th shard). I also built a 2nd jeweler when I was at the mithril heavy point of the questlines.

Upgrading the jeweler or the mine won't give you more jewels, so don't use your resources on that right now.

You'll come to a point where you need a lot of dragon scales to make mythic essence, so just focus on hatching your dragon right now instead of the gllimmergate goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Others may suggest differently but if it was me, since mithril is the hardest to get, I'd concentrate on building a second deep mine first & then a second jeweler to help with jeweler trades. The second deep mine will also help with jewel drops (& other goodies). G'luck!

Ps. Lol, what 88silver said. Lol
    I agree; build two of every resource building first, upgrade later, when there is nothing else to do, lol...
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Thanks everyone! I don't have the fourth shard yet (and if it does drop I'll need jewels to activate it).

I'm on with building a deep mine as you suggested. Working on the enchanted beams and blocks. And I'll build a second jewelers too.

Would love to trade with Belladonna, but it's living wood I'm always short of for her.
    I do have Sabina's house, as well as the troll vault and Sir Pigglesworth so I never miss a collection from them.