Thread: To Sparkle or Not to Sparkle? That is the Question!

Rhino Keeper

Question To Sparkle or Not to Sparkle? That is the Question!

Can someone please tell me what items cannot be hearted by visitors to my kingdom? Besides crops, flowers, and farm animals, that is. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Decorations

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Decorations
    Decoration without a timer!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks! Much appreciated

Executive Chef
    To add to the responses, because even most decorations WITH a timer can't be hearted by visitors...

When you have items on your board that are ready for collection, you will see 1 of 6 things hovering above that item:

1) brown & purple sack
    2) yellow coin
    3) yellow arrow
    4) shovel
    5) watering can
    6) beam of light w/a check mark

The only things on your board which can get sparkled by visitors (& once hearted, will drop 2XP instead of 1XP + extra coins, where it applies) are those items on your board which show you the brown/purple sack or the yellow coin when they're ready for collection.

All other "floaties" listed above are either over animals, crops, flowers/trees, water sources, some decorations with a timer, craft buildings or the castle & barracks -- and NONE of those can be hearted by visitors.

...and obviously anything without a timer at all can't get hearted either (how would you collect 'em? lol).

Hope that helps you determine better, by looking around on your board.

ETA: The only exception to this rule may be the Storage Cellar ...& I have no idea why we can heart that building, lol.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 05-03-16 at 04:07 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    The only things on your board which can get sparkled by visitors (& once hearted, will drop 2XP instead of 1XP + extra coins, where it applies) are those items on your board which show you the brown/purple sack or the yellow coin when they're ready for collection.

All other "floaties" listed above are either over animals, crops, flowers/trees, water sources, some decorations with a timer, craft buildings or the castle & barracks -- and NONE of those can be hearted by visitors.
    Thank you, this is exactly the answer I needed.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Northwoods your explanation is *excellent*! I've added this to the Q&A section for new players in the Hub main post. It's point number 10 (in purple... how fortuitous NW!)

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1164564

Executive Chef
    Anytime, xtinem, happy to help.

Ohhhh yay, SW! Cool.

...another possible exception might be the Baron's Tent (which has no timer or floatie above it), but I'm not positive. Seems like I've been able to heart that before, when visiting a neighbor... but maybe I'm not remembering that one right. lol
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 05-03-16 at 11:09 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    ...another exception might be the Baron's Tent (which has no timer or floatie above it), but I'm not positive. Seems like I've been able to heart that before, when visiting a neighbor... but maybe I'm not remembering that one right. lol
    I was thinking the same thing. I know I've hearted nbrs tents before. One of those things that make you say, "hmmmmm" lol