Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting alliance war - ANYONE can?!@

Rhino Keeper

Exclamation Starting alliance war - ANYONE can?!@

This has to be a bug, so I'm reporting it here. Right now, any individual player in an alliance can begin the war process. I can tell you, after being through 5 consecutive wars, that this must change. While EXTREMELY fun, it's also extremely taxing and players need a break.

A sole player should never be allowed to declare war on behalf of the entire alliance. On the same note, nor should a sole elder.

The way it should work is:

a) Only leader/elders can press the button to initiate the process
    b) After a leader or elder presses it, two more people (elder or leader) need to confirm it by pressing the button as well
    c) After 3 confirmations, you get the notification that you're waiting for opponents (war process initiated) in alliance chat (see below)
    d) The people who confirmed the war should be broadcast in chat - " * Mossad, MOOPIE, patrice have declared war " - something to that effect, or
    * Mossad has requested war
    * lorem ipsum ...
    * Moopie has requested war
    * Patrice has requested war
    * WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED

So, if I were to press the button (as a leader or elder), two more elders should be required to press it to in order to initiate the war process. This way we can fully prepare the alliance.

Nevertheless, even if you don't implement that right away, normal players should by no means be able to declare war on behalf of the entire alliance. That is 100% a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Cheers
    Last edited by Chianti; 02-15-14 at 04:51 PM.

Executive Chef
    I agree with chianti. At the very least leader should get notification who is declaring war. This will help with strategy as to what war we want to participate in. It will give leader some control over this feature.

On a second note. A co leader would also be helpful with this feature. Then the leader or co leader could finalize the war only.

Rhino Keeper
    If anything, just to get a quick patch out, we need the ability to withdraw... aka "undeclare" war. PLEASE ASAP

Rhino Keeper
    This literally just happened to us again. The war just ended and someone - we dont know who, declared war again. I'd like to think its a bug, but I doubt it. Could regular attacks be causing us to declare war?

This needs to be addressed ASAP since this upgrade we haven't gone more than 5 minutes between wars. I like Chianti idea being able to declare war. We need to know who has initiate war and who seconds it. Only leader and elders can declare war. Co-leader would be nice as well. Thanks in advance.

This was by design because there is really no downside of being in an Alliance War. If you don't wish to participate, you can continue to play as you normally do and get the 4th place Coin reward.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    This was by design because there is really no downside of being in an Alliance War. If you don't wish to participate, you can continue to play as you normally do and get the 4th place Coin reward.
    I believe there is a bug that keeps entering us in war after war. At the moment, there are four of us online and none of us entered war, in fact, we want a break from constant war. Please double check. This is wearing, causing tension and making the game stressful instead of fun. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Turtle please bring this up with the producers. If this were really the intended design, there would be no button, it would simply put you into the alliance war automatically. The fact that there is a button suggests that it's optional, and as such, should be restricted to leader/elders only. A single player recruit should not have the power and authority to declare war on behalf of the alliance. It would be like a PFC (Private First Class) declaring war on Russia without the presidents aproval. You know this makes no sense. Just restrict it to elders and above - easy enough. I may have suggested more, but that's just icing. that being said, knowing who triggered the war would be nice as well, and easy to broadcast to alliance chat aka "Mossad has declared War"

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolce_Bella View Post
    I believe there is a bug that keeps entering us in war after war. At the moment, there are four of us online and none of us entered war, in fact, we want a break from constant war. Please double check. This is wearing, causing tension and making the game stressful instead of fun. Thank you.
    Amen. This is a highly competitive game, Turtle - those of us in the higher ranked alliances would never stand for anything but first place, and as such, it's causing a lot of stress and undue tension as Dolce indicated.

This is a fantastic addition to the game, please don't allow it to become a nightmare.

Farm Supplier
    I didn't like this feature ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast