Thread: Howling Hillside - Levels 457 - 462 (Region 77)

Howling Hillside - Levels 457 - 462 (Region 77)

~

No "island" posts on the TL Blog lately, and no pictures on the JM Regions Master thread yet for these "higher-numbered" islands. So these are screenshots from my phone:

Cool, awesome, artwork (as usual!) Enjoy this island of Jewel Mania!

~*~*~

Note: These screenshots are a little old--from the Halloween version of Jewel Mania (1.1.9, in case you're wondering about the Jack o lantern...or why Bean Dog looks like Elvis!)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 02-04-14 at 09:15 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 457: Break 46 glass squares in 50 moves (5JC). This level has plenty of cut outs, those barriers that are unbreakable and two three-headed snakes. The glass covers the tops half of the and most of the bottom. There's glass under two of the snakes heads. If you can get a vertical blaster along the sides that's helpful in clearing two of the snakes heads. None of them are on reachable by simple matches so special jewels are needed!

I really struggled with this on because making specials at the bottom half is almost impossible and getting them to fall is a challenge too because of those unbreakable barriers. Would it be nice if they were like the barriers in Candy Blast? Make a few matches over them and they disappear. Too bad. I finally got through this one with a bunch of diamonds made on the top and a laster bomb combo after clearing one of the snakes.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 458: Extinguish 3 fires in 25 moves (4JC). The fires are contained in a are off to the right slightly bigger than they are. They spread to fill that area pretty quickly but don't go anywhere else (They do reach the corner and I'm not sure if the crates in the corner are broken whether they'll spread or not. I haven't had that happen and don't really want to try and see). On the left there is a separate column with a portal at the bottom that links to the top of that same column. There are two black jewel things and two gifts with fire extinguishers in them. There are also crates at the bottom of the center area preventing you from using a horizontal blaster to extinguish the flames until you break the crates. There is also a single cut out in the center area which to some extent limits the are to make combos.

I'm still working on this one. Basically I'll get a blaster and it'll clear at most 2 flames but by the time I'm able to get another blaster the fire has caught up or spread even further. I'm glad it's pretty contained so you wont get more than 9 (I think) but it's a pain. Once I got a bomb + blaster combo, but I hadn't broken any crates so it got rid of one flame. Also, each time I've used the extinguisher it only clears one flame, which doesn't help a ton.

This island seems like it's going to be a painful one!

Rhino Keeper
    Level 459: Dig 12 meters in 35 moves (4JC). This level has a giant cut out through the middle with only snake bodies cutting through. There are three snakes all of which span the entire width of the screen so once you **** it you've dug a meter! I like that. There is ice blocking the first and second snake's heads. Black jewels block the third snake's head and the last snake has two heads blocked by super dirt. Turned out to be easier than it looks for me and any kind of special jewel really comes in handy. Definitely a fun level!

Rhino Keeper
    Level 460: Break 28 glass blocks in 35 moves (5JC). The board is split diagonally into two sections with double glass only on the bottom left side. There are restrictive barriers making it harder to make matches. The level also starts with one 15 count doom jewel at the top and one ice block. As you play more 15 count doomies and ice blocks fall in.

The challenge on this one is to make 20 matches over a wall for 2 silver keys.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 461: Dig 15 meters in 55 moves (5JC). There are three groups of snakes, some super dirt, black jewels and a single row of crates and ice blocks. The snakes are always the same colors (Yellow at top, red in the middle and blue and light blue at the bottom). Like 459 the snakes go all the way across the screen so ****ing them digs one row. If you plan well you can take out the yellow snake by swapping a yellow jewel with the black one between two of the heads to take them all out quickly. For the red snake you can make a red match next to the ice between two of the heads (I was never able to, but it should be possible). The last snake would need a combination of matching next to the ice and then swapping so it's probably easier to use a special jewel to knock those guys out. This level was challenging, but a lot of fun.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 461: Extinguish 18 fires in 25 moves (5JC). There are two two-headed snakes in the middle (I think they always are the same colors) and 4 lock and chain areas with fire and ice blocks making a little pyramid on the bottom. There are only two flames that aren't under the L&Cs, which spread but don't really seem to get out of control. The first two L&C rows are 20 count an the bottom two are 25. Once you open them the fire is pretty easy to get to because there aren't any cut outs (those seemed the be the theme of this island!).

See you over at Mount Toga!