Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes - January 30, 2014

Rhino Keeper
    One problem after the other.. And the dev is hiding behind lv99 walls, giving us a silent treatment, getting ready to shut down the game perhaps. I am starting to think that I may have invested my time in the wrong game...
    Last edited by syllrag; 02-03-14 at 03:48 AM.

Host(ess)
    Oh everyone I think I figured out why they made these changes!

Storm8 releases another horrible coded buggy game without beta testing or anything, cashes in $$$ quick before all the problems come up later when lots of people start to play. Storm8's code is so bad it crashes and lags their servers just like their iOS app crashes on you all the time.

Storm8's solution: well of course they are too incompetent/lazy/etc to beta test and fix their horrible code, so better to make drastic changes to the game that make it unplayable so that masses of players quit. With fewer player the load on the servers is reduced and they don't lag/crash as much. Problem solved!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumercarefree View Post
    ...My bears cant bite anymore. Ha Ha...
    Now that Bears are carrying so much less armor and a much smaller hammer they might be able to move a bit quicker...

New Resident
    It makes me wonder why there is no response yet! We need to hear from you what will be going on, you owe us an explanation, you have to tell us whether you are considering to fix this or there is nothing to be done, or if it true that you are going to shut down the game!
    If you can't undo the changes then make changes that can fix this; for example you raised the cost of the troops then at least the troops that survive the battle should be restored.
    Let the downgraded troops take less space or less training time just do something for god's sake!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by calymans View Post
    ..If you can't undo the changes then make changes that can fix this; for example you raised the cost of the troops then at least the troops that survive the battle should be restored.
    Let the downgraded troops take less space or less training time just do something for god's sake!
    Those are awesome ideas..

I never understood why you lost all your troops if you got a 100%... I could see not letting the troops recycle if someone didn't get 100%, but if you get 100% you should get the survivors back, even if there is a much-smaller-than-retrain healing fee.

Instead of nerfing troops to help people defend successfully FM could just let people assign troops from their posts that would come out as defense (like the portal). Just put a max on it like no more than 10% of your total on each attack. This would really help lower level people protect their bases before they get a max RH... (note: It would be stupid to do this at the current nerfed level the attacking troops are at)

Would also be nice if the "local" storage in our markets and mines showed toward the total you see on the kingdom screen. So we could see how much we really have and be able to use that directly instead of stupid click farming you have now and that are present in so many other games of yours.

Its pretty bad when your users can come up with more ideas for a real update in a week than you have show you can come up with in several months.

FM, show your users that you can still be creative and innovative, instead of proving what we all suspect: That you're nothing more than a rip-off cookie-cutter company with no real creativity. Show that your company has some creative people there in more than just your art department.
    Last edited by maguar; 02-03-14 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Removed starred word

Rhino Keeper
    I wonder how those voluntary mods like maguar feel by reading and editing posts while FM is ignoring our concern.

Quote Originally Posted by jackansi View Post
    Its pretty bad when your users can come up with more ideas for a real update in a week than you have show you can come up with in several months.

FM, show your users that you can still be creative and innovative, instead of proving what we all suspect: That you're nothing more than a rip-off cookie-cutter company with no real creativity. Show that your company has some creative people there in more than just your art department.
    Being creative and innovative is not in their dictionary. Their staffs wrote in glassdoor that the company only concerns on the bottom line (profit) and limit their staff creativity.

"Cons ? At the end of the day, Storm8 is focused on profit. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - everyone needs to get paid (and those free catered meals won't pay for themselves). But it can sometimes stifle creativity, and lead to decisions based on the bottom line, not based on making best-in-class products." -glassdoor by storm8's employee

"This Company is nothing more than a Money-Greedy Zynga Clone. Cons ? - The games Storm8 makes are all clones of titles Zynga or Popcap make that are proven to be profitable. Up until now, Storm8 is not willing to take a risk on coming up with an innovative game." -glassdoor by storm8's software engineer

"Great place to work, but you won't innovate - ever. Cons ? -Storm8 does not believe in taking market risks. All decisions about which projects to create come from the founders and are entirely based upon what games are already successful. You will be told what game you're cloning and that will be that. Nobody will listen to your pitches, so don't bother making any." -glassdoor by storm8's game designer

"Cons ? -Some games don't allow for much risk, working with whats been proven instead of innovating new projects." -glassdoor by storm8's game designer

"Cons ? A bit less creative freedom than I'd like. Too many safe choices in what is worked on, not enough risk taking. Wish we could do more innovative things." -glassdoor by storm8's employee

"Cons ? Founders are very involved, which sometimes is bad, and sometimes good. Decision making tends to be driven by money making more than fun" -glassdoor by storm8's employee

The list can go on and on... So preaching storm8's employees here on creativity and being innovative won't do you any good. You should spam their CEO, Perry Tam, mailbox instead.

Quote Originally Posted by calymans View Post
    It makes me wonder why there is no response yet! We need to hear from you what will be going on, you owe us an explanation, you have to tell us whether you are considering to fix this or there is nothing to be done, or if it true that you are going to shut down the game!
    List of their games that have been shut down:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ng-Older-Games

I think their staff who post here might agree with our concerns; however, it contradicts with what the higher ups say. Frozen and the gang might not be able to think of any good excuse for this to be posted here, which lead to why there isn't any response.
    Last edited by syllrag; 02-03-14 at 06:08 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Wow, it's as bad as all that? Thanks for the info.

Speaking of Recycling Games

Most of you probably don't know, but the background music for Kingdom Clash comes from one of Team Lava's retired games, called Empire Story. It wasn't all that good, but I enjoyed playing it with my daughter in 2009 or 2010 as a time waster back when I was playing WorldWar--long before it became a *****ing- and glitch-fest.

Well, the music is insipid, so I play on mute. But I'd guess Storm8 retired Empire Story because the cost to hire someone to come up with some new theme music for Kingdom Clash was more than they were making on Empire Story.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jackansi View Post
    Now that Bears are carrying so much less armor and a much smaller hammer they might be able to move a bit quicker...
    The Bears are only a moving shield now.
    5 Warriors has more bite than a Bear. (5 Warriors = 1 bear )

Use too many Bears we definitely lose every attack.

I am in a bad position as the cost of my Airships, Knights and Dragons are all max in price. So I have to rely on little thieves, warriors and archers ha ha.

Luckily the Archers and Demo man are doing a reasonable job ( So TL, cut down their powers and I am out of here for good)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TrotUA View Post
    Oh everyone I think I figured out why they made these changes!

Storm8 releases another horrible coded buggy game without beta testing or anything, cashes in $$$ quick before all the problems come up later when lots of people start to play. Storm8's code is so bad it crashes and lags their servers just like their iOS app crashes on you all the time.

Storm8's solution: well of course they are too incompetent/lazy/etc to beta test and fix their horrible code, so better to make drastic changes to the game that make it unplayable so that masses of players quit. With fewer player the load on the servers is reduced and they don't lag/crash as much. Problem solved!
    Ha Ha , you have a pretty interesting theory.
    Hopefully TL deploys more man and brain power to resolve the problem of unequal pricing of units.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast