Thread: 141 challenge, beat the level without eliminating spiders

Rhino Keeper

141 challenge, beat the level without eliminating spiders

Level 141 challenge to beat the level without eliminating any spiders.

Has anyone finished this challenge? It's one of 3 lower level challenges I've been stuck on for months.

I can't see how it is possible to hit the lock without eliminating spiders. I considered changing the ice blocks on left side of the lock to a different color but i can't seem to get the angle right to get a bubble into that tiny space without eliminating more bubbles than there are spiders.

Rhino Keeper
    I haven't finished the challenge yet, but I was able to pop the upper lock (the one in the center above the two on the sides).

A couple of points:

- When you are worried about the spiders gathering in an area you want to clear out, you can throw extra bubbles off to the side to entice some of them away and make it easier to clear an area. In other words, use unneeded bubbles to try to get the spiders out of your way. Don't place these bubble too low, though, or the spiders might hang out down there and then you might not be able to get the screen to scroll up such that you can see the upper area of the level, making it hard to win.
    - Before reaching the upper lock, if you can obtain either of the two prizes off to the sides (each is one bomb), you can use the bombs to bomb your way to the lock as a way of avoiding popping bubbles that will **** spiders. Just be sure not to **** any spiders with the bomb.

Rhino Keeper
    I was finally able to complete this challenge. I used the 3-bomb boost, and that made it much easier. I used the extra bombs to remove the lowest parts of the structure to keep the spiders moving upward (so that the screen would scroll). My single biggest tip for this challenge is to color the four ice bubbles below the lock in pairs of two, rather than all at once. Doing that makes it easier to complete the challenge. Also, when going after that third lock, it is best to work up one side first, until the prize is exposed, and then work up the other side. This gives the spiders space to roam without causing them to cluster just below the lock.