Page 91 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Um, okay.

I wanted to know since I was thinking about doing this with my nephew. I found a site that does this and also explains what's going on.

https://www.livescience.com/37252-dna...xperiment.html
    Oh yeah and for the salt water use 10 mL. I don't know what the units are in America

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Me? Wish for heat? Never! It's always hot where I am.

@nmishii you should come to the Caribbean. We have slippy slides and pools and the Caribbean Sea!
    And lizards!
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    One day, I will. I was thinking of a cruise. When's the best time with the least chance of a hurricane or tornado?
    June to November is hurricane season. But of course that's summer so it's the best time to come Our highest season is the winter season. This is when most people come to the Caribbean. Of course hotels are the most expensive at that time too

Yes we have lizards of various sizes. There are huuuuuuuge iguanas in some islands. Not in Jamaica though.

Grand Emperor
    June to November is hurricane season. But of course that's summer so it's the best time to come Our highest season is the winter season. This is when most people come to the Caribbean. Of course hotels are the most expensive at that time too

Yes we have lizards of various sizes. There are huuuuuuuge iguanas in some islands. Not in Jamaica though.
    Lizards aren't as bad as jellyfish.

Grand Emperor
    Lizards are waaaay better then jellyfish.

When I'm on holiday I always grab fruits for the iguanas from the buffet, bread for the fishies, chicken for the kitties, etc.

I'm that crazy lady you see at the buffet stuffing food in my purse. But it's not for me so it doesn't qualify as crazy.
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Nightclub Owner
    We might have iguanas in Jamaica but not the big ones they have in the Eastern Caribbean. I believe Bahamas and Turks & Caicos and maybe Cayman might have the larger iguanas. The DR and Haiti do. Not sure about Cuba. If those big ones are found strolling around in some forest or other area I'm pretty sure it's because someone probably released it there.

We have regular run of the mill lizards and we also have one that we call the "Croaking" lizard because it makes a horrid croaking sound at nights. It is ugly and pale, almost translucent has a forked tongue and it looks like a cross between a snake and a lizard. Gives me the creeps just talking about it. I do not believe it is a true lizard really.

And then there is this fellow:

I think it is a skink. But Jamaicans call everything that looks like a lizard, a lizard. So it is called the Ground lizard. It has a long beautiful brightly coloured tail and is mainly to be found in the eastern section of the island. Somehow it has not managed to migrate to the western section to date. It is long and will chase and bite you if it feels like it. Not sure what THAT is all about.

Rhino Keeper
    Thailand has these lizards roaming around. I've ran into them several times just on school grounds.

Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

Nightclub Owner
    Right then. No. Thankfully we have no monitor lizards here. Snakes, alligators, lizards yes. I think I would freak out if I saw that.

Rhino Keeper
    I like monitor lizards but that wasn't the best thing I have seen. I was at school behind the dorms saying hello to the kitties there when I saw a snake. I didn't know it was a cobra till one of the cats got to close to it and it reared up. I was so lucky to have my camera with me and have it on at the time.

This is my favorite wild animal encounter here in Thailand.

Rhino Keeper
    We might have iguanas in Jamaica but not the big ones they have in the Eastern Caribbean. I believe Bahamas and Turks & Caicos and maybe Cayman might have the larger iguanas. The DR and Haiti do. Not sure about Cuba. If those big ones are found strolling around in some forest or other area I'm pretty sure it's because someone probably released it there.

We have regular run of the mill lizards and we also have one that we call the "Croaking" lizard because it makes a horrid croaking sound at nights. It is ugly and pale, almost translucent has a forked tongue and it looks like a cross between a snake and a lizard. Gives me the creeps just talking about it. I do not believe it is a true lizard really.

And then there is this fellow:

I think it is a skink. But Jamaicans call everything that looks like a lizard, a lizard. So it is called the Ground lizard. It has a long beautiful brightly coloured tail and is mainly to be found in the eastern section of the island. Somehow it has not managed to migrate to the western section to date. It is long and will chase and bite you if it feels like it. Not sure what THAT is all about.

I like it.