Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

Nightclub Owner
    Ok. Oscar Pistorius. Did he do it?

Hearing him on that witness stand makes me wonder. He's either a really really really good oscar award winning actor or he really didn't murder her at all. If he is acting, then man he really deserves that award.

Grand Emperor
    Its unseasonally hot here right now too. In the 90s deg F (30s deg C). It'll drop about 20 deg F on the weekend. Which is good, since I'm going down to the San Diego area. Going to Safari Park (its the closest I'll come to a real African safari) and its good the weather will be cooler since the animals just sit in the shade when its really hot. Will also do a zip line over the park.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Its unseasonally hot here right now too. In the 90s deg F (30s deg C). It'll drop about 20 deg F on the weekend. Which is good, since I'm going down to the San Diego area. Going to Safari Park (its the closest I'll come to a real African safari) and its good the weather will be cooler since the animals just sit in the shade when its really hot. Will also do a zip line over the park.
    Oh that sounds super fun! I like zip lining.

I'm undecided on Oscar Pistorius. His story initially sounded fishy to me but then I thought about some weird stuff I've done in the middle of the night. I think he's somewhat believable.

How about that missing plane? I find it hard to believe we can't find an airplane in today's world of technology.
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    So McDonalds set up several franchises in Jamaica, all over the island. Few years later all of them closed. We no longer have McDonalds here. Thankfully. That food is just gross. Those hacks are gross looking. Except the starbucks hacks
    I saw a website months ago that talked about secret menu items. I can't remember what they all were now, but there wasn't anything I saw appealing. I guess there's a reason why they don't put those items on their regular menu.

I thought McDonalds was everywhere. I guess not. I have walked into McDonalds in other countries to see what country-specific food they have on their menu. For example, Germany serves beer and Japan serves shrimp burgers. Even in the US, the McDonalds in Hawaii serves spam. I went to McDonalds in the Boston area just to get a lobster roll - wasn't very good.

Bobbyrae, what did the Jamaican McDonalds serve, or what country-specific food would fit on a Jamaican menu if McDonald's returned?

chokdii, is there a McDonald's menu item specific to Thailand?

Here's some of the food other countries serve:
    https://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/07/...world-40-pics/

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Oh that sounds super fun! I like zip lining.

I'm undecided on Oscar Pistorius. His story initially sounded fishy to me but then I thought about some weird stuff I've done in the middle of the night. I think he's somewhat believable.

How about that missing plane? I find it hard to believe we can't find an airplane in today's world of technology.
    That plane. So many conspiracy theories floating around out there. I have no idea what I think happened to it but I really believe that there is a scandal there somewhere. And I don't think it involves terrorism. I cannot see what purpose it could possibly serve as a terrorism thing at all. Unless it was a foiled terrorism attack...which might make someone (either the pilots or some very brave passengers) heroes. Someone knows something and isn't talking.

Oscar Pistorius. At first I was undecided. Murder suspects can be very genuine about their innocence. But this guy...wow. Living in a country with a high crime rate I understand his defence that he was afraid. My grandfather almost shot his own son and daughter in law one night because he thought they were burglars! My aunt almost shot the dog one night as well when she thought there was a ***man at the door. The dog was scratching himself while leaning on the door so it was rattling. We live with metal burglar bars on all our windows and doors, security guards or security systems (panic buttons and/or wired systems) on our homes, high walls around our properties. I very rarely go out at night. Security companies in Jamaica are totally unaffected by the worldwide recession because we cannot do without them for our offices and homes. South Africa's crime rate is legendary and living in that kind of fear does strange things to the mind. When you think there is a burglar at your door or in your house and you know that either they or you will end up dead or seriously injured or r a p e d, you just have no idea how you will react. Reason flies through the door.

I saw a website months ago that talked about secret menu items. I can't remember what they all were now, but there wasn't anything I saw appealing. I guess there's a reason why they don't put those items on their regular menu.

I thought McDonalds was everywhere. I guess not. I have walked into McDonalds in other countries to see what country-specific food they have on their menu. For example, Germany serves beer and Japan serves shrimp burgers. Even in the US, the McDonalds in Hawaii serves spam. I went to McDonalds in the Boston area just to get a lobster roll - wasn't very good.

Bobbyrae, what did the Jamaican McDonalds serve, or what country-specific food would fit on a Jamaican menu if McDonald's returned?

Burger King has ackee and saltfish (our national dish) on its breakfast menu.They also have Fried Bammies (a cassava "wafer"). Everything else is pretty much the same. McDonald's had Fried chicken I think. The only thing I ever had was the Fries so I'm not sure if there was anything else. The problem with McDonalds was that when they came here there was already a Jamaican company named McDonalds. The Jamaican company had been operating for many many years in Kingston and had an established reputation. They served Jamaican food only. The American McDonald's sued them for trying to "pass off" their brand. The Jamaican company won the case as there was found to be no similarity between the two except the name. I suspect people didn't quite like that and so from the outset the support for the company just was not there. The other fast food chains - Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Dominoes franchises are all doing quite well. I believe there may be a few Subways in Kingston as well. People support them all. Especially KFC. I believe we may have the biggest and busiest KFC in the world right in Montego Bay. Jamaicans love their fried something-resembling-chicken-but-which-may-not-really-be-chicken.

Grand Emperor
    Some of that stuff on that food list looked really good.

About the plane. I heard a theory that something could have happened causing lack of consciousness and the plane flew for 5 hours until it ran out of fuel. This sounds not too crazy to me.

Executive Chef
    I really wonder what happened though
    Like really, it's 2014!

Rhino Keeper

Yes there is. Can't remember what it's called but it's chicken (with Thai spices) and rice. Next time I'm in McDonalds I will take a look again.
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by chokdii View Post
    Yes there is. Can't remember what it's called but it's chicken (with Thai spices) and rice. Next time I'm in McDonalds I will take a look again.
    And take a picture.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Some of that stuff on that food list looked really good.

About the plane. I heard a theory that something could have happened causing lack of consciousness and the plane flew for 5 hours until it ran out of fuel. This sounds not too crazy to me.
    I think it's something like that too. But there is something else there I think. There always is.