Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

Grand Emperor
    He opened his eyes today and I think he knew who I was. I've been camping there for 2 days waiting for that. He was able to nod to a few things but he was very confused. He keeps trying to leave so he's tied to the bed. That's hard to see.
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Nightclub Owner
    He keeps trying to leave so he's tied to the bed. That's hard to see.
    yes that is difficult. It really is for the best though. Better him restrained than running around thinking he can fly.

Grand Emperor
    Pinkster, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

Its good that he has come out from the coma and is responsive. It sounds like he is fighting off the meningitis quickly. As difficult as it is to see him tied to the bed, its not as difficult as seeing him unresponsive.

Hoping he pulls through and recovers like bobbyrae's friend.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    My Dad is sick. Bacterial meningitis. That's the bad one. Only 1 in 100 000 people get it. He's in a coma. It doesn't look good. . I'm sad.
    Oh Pinkster I'm so sorry Hopefully your Dad stays strong and pulls through. He has my prayers and best wishes
    ~hey everyone!!~

Playing Bakery Story and Restaurant story✔

If you need me, simply send me a PM (Private Message)

OMG we actually have signatures now!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    He opened his eyes today and I think he knew who I was. I've been camping there for 2 days waiting for that. He was able to nod to a few things but he was very confused. He keeps trying to leave so he's tied to the bed. That's hard to see.
    Glad to hear something good happened.
    ~hey everyone!!~

Grand Emperor
    He knows who I am. He can nod yes and no to simple questions.

He doesn't know why he's in the hospital, and sometimes he doesn't even know he's in a hospital. Then we tell him, and 5 minutes later he doesn't know again. Kind of like that one character on 50 first dates. Ten second Tim or something.

Nightclub Owner
    Well, he's communicating. Hopefully that's a very very good thing. It means he can see and hear and speak and move. The meds are working. That's another good thing. This is where patience is honed. Nothing to be done except pray, hope and support. And take pictures.

My friend didn't remember anything much from her few days of being delirious, even though she was talking and making demands and carrying on like a terrorist, kicking and fighting to be let out and screaming, "Do you know who I am??!!!"

When she came to and starting making sense again none of us had the heart to tell her. She is normally a very prim and proper Brit. She would have been scandalised had she known. But she did remember that people were in the room, that her head was hurting terribly for a long time and that her church brethren came and prayed for her one day.

Executive Chef
    Hope all goes well Pinkster.
    ~hey everyone!!~

Grand Emperor
    The strain of meningitis my Dad has is so rare he's become a study case.

He mostly understands what I'm saying but his speech is not there. And the left side of his entire body is almost useless and the left side of his face droops like a stroke victim. But the cat scan showed he didn't have a stroke so we're hopeful he'll improve.

The pressure from his brain swelling burst his left eardrum. Cerebrospinal fluid leaks from it constantly.

Im with him 12 hours a day. I take care of him. It helps the feelings of helplessness that I have. I can't fix his brain but I can wash his hair and brush his teeth.

Rhino Keeper
    Aw I love that your taking care of him. Are you the oldest?
    Apple. Random? I think not.