Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    You'd better rush out and buy all the bread and all the milk in case you lose power, like all the nuts did here when we had flooding. Nevermind the canned food and other non perishables, GET ALL THE MILK!
    Quote Originally Posted by lylahmae View Post
    For sure and be really nasty to the people at Ralph's when they run out because all the super smart people already bought ten gallons each because milk will save you in any weather emergency, or general perceived threat....maybe even zombies.

The girl who broke her arm on my watch made it through surgery! She's doing Good I am so relieved, I may sleep tonight after all.
    Gosh, I'm at work now and hoping there's still a few gallons of milk left for me when I get off. We knew there was a storm coming in so hopefully all the supermarkets ordered extra milk for the crowds that are probably in the store now.

If I'm too late for the milk, will Diet Coke do? After all, they are both products of cows.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with a stepmother who's worse than people dying in floods or I might not have remembered the importance of milk during a flood.

And I'm glad that the girl with the broken arm is alright.
    Last edited by nmishii; 02-28-14 at 07:33 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDeLuxe View Post
    Why milk? Not any other things?
    I was making fun of how when there was massive flooding here the grocery store turned into a panicked frenzy of people and there was no milk and no bread. I wanted to tell them all:

"Duh, no power = yucky milk"
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Gosh, I'm at work now and hoping there's still a few gallons of milk left for me when I get off. We knew there was a storm coming in so hopefully all the supermarkets ordered extra milk for the crowds that are probably in the store now.

If I'm too late for the milk, will Diet Coke do? After all, they are both products of cows.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with a stepmother who's worse than people dying in floods or I might not have remembered the importance of milk during a flood.

And I'm glad that the girl with the broken arm is alright.
    During the flooding here I could still get diet coke and fresca. So you should be fine. You could always put fresca on your cheerios.

And get Doritos. Great for any emergency.
    Last edited by pinkster73; 02-28-14 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added Doritos

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I was making fun of how when there was massive flooding here the grocery store turned into a panicked frenzy of people and there was no milk and no bread. I wanted to tell them all:

"Duh, no power = yucky milk"
    Oh lol, hey the cold weather would act as a fridge and keep the milk fresh.
    Apple. Random? I think not.

Rhino Keeper
    When we had the floods in Thailand my boss warned our area was going to get hit. Parts of it did but nothing major. I bought a whole pile of water and non perishables for nothing. But better safe then sorry. I also bough a huge garbage pail and filled it up with water for bathing etc. my parents place got hit. They had to go stay at the beach for 6 weeks. It was only up to the ankles which is bad enough I suppose but not as bad as other places. They had to go though cause of their dog. No where to walk it with the water.
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

No floods where I'm from. YAY!
    Kingdom Clash Royal Hall 7 1045 crowns Elder of Zombie Kingdom
    Dragon Story level 33
    City Story level 19

Grand Emperor
    Look at the weather. Look at it!

Nightclub Owner
    Maybe the givernment should put out a public service announcement and let people know that they can still buy milk, but not the kind you need to refrigerate. Whenever there is a hurricane watch or warning here you could drop a pin in the frozen foods section and in the milk section of the supermarket. We buy condensed milk instead. Or powdered milk. Just add water and voila! Milk.

Funny enough there is usually a rush on the alcohol section. Because the best thing to be in a hurricane is drunk...just in case your roof blows off at least you'll be cool with it. Some people even have hurricane parties. I suppose Jamaicans just love to party. Either that or we are an incredibly stupid lot.

Nightclub Owner
    -41 degrees. O.o Did you stick your phone in the freezer again? Oh. Wait. No. You live in the freezer.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Maybe the givernment should put out a public service announcement and let people know that they can still buy milk, but not the kind you need to refrigerate. Whenever there is a hurricane watch or warning here you could drop a pin in the frozen foods section and in the milk section of the supermarket. We buy condensed milk instead. Or powdered milk. Just add water and voila! Milk.

Funny enough there is usually a rush on the alcohol section. Because the best thing to be in a hurricane is drunk...just in case your roof blows off at least you'll be cool with it. Some people even have hurricane parties. I suppose Jamaicans just love to party. Either that or we are an incredibly stupid lot.
    That's a great idea. Might as well party. Sitting at home all serious won't make your roof stick on any better.