Page 85 of 121 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Here's something positive:

My Dad's been promoted out of the intensive care unit into a medical teaching unit, and is now well enough to make angry faces, roll his eyes, refuse to follow instructions, and huff and puff in frustration at all of our irritatingness.

Oh and his first words when he came out of his coma weren't "where am I", or "I love you", etc. He said "Awww @*#%". Rhymes with hit.
    I guess people like going back to the past and all the negative things and never look forward to the positive. But hey who am I to tell them what to do lol.

So glad your dad is doing better, those words are better than no words.
    Apple. Random? I think not.

Grand Emperor
    Here's something positive:

My Dad's been promoted out of the intensive care unit into a medical teaching unit, and is now well enough to make angry faces, roll his eyes, refuse to follow instructions, and huff and puff in frustration at all of our irritatingness.

Oh and his first words when he came out of his coma weren't "where am I", or "I love you", etc. He said "Awww @*#%". Rhymes with hit.
    That's great that he's been improving. Hoping the rehabilitation goes well.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Well, it really was quite the bed of wickedness according to history. The Pirates ruled in that part of Town, there was a ridiculous volume of all types of crime and debauchery, a total disregard for life or anything lawful, drinking, gambling, corruption were rife, bribes, robbery and murder were the thing. According to history books it was a total embarrassment. Which is interesting because so many politicians were paid from the pockets of the pirates.
    Doesn't sound like it was a good place to be at the time, unless you were a pirate. History is facinating, both the good and the bad. I've learned a lot about non-US history, current events, and customs from this forum and hope we don't ever stop sharing information about our countries.

My first glimpse into pirate life was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. I'm sure Disney tried to make it family friendly and it may not all be true. Although, they redid parts of it 5-10 years ago to be politically correct.

They had a scene where they were auctioning off "brides," which as a kid is believable. But people complained about the real life reason the women were being sold to the pirates so they changed it. And there was a fat lady chasing a man, and they changed that to the man chasing the fat lady, who was carrying a plate of food. There were a couple other changes, but its been a while.

Grand Emperor
    Just my thoughts on life's negatives and positives. Not everyone will agree with what I say, but I'm entitled to my opinions.

If you are always living in the past, and/or always dwell on the negative things in your past, that is unhealthy. I don't do that.

But its okay to talk about the past, both positive and negative. Both your past and general history. You need to learn from the past to be help make yourself successful in the future.

Its good to look forward to the positive, but just looking forward isn't going to get you anywhere. You also need to make your future happen. If you come out of a coma you can't just look forward to being whole again, you have to go to rehab and work to make it happen, like pinkster's dad is starting to do (I'm assuming the "medical teaching unit" is for rehab, if not, he'll get there)

If people sit around waiting for others to make their future happen, and make excuses or blame others for why they aren't where they should be in life, they're going to be sitting around for a long time. They have to work at it, overcome obstacles, and learn from their past to make their future happen; they can't be lazy. Some people may never learn this, but most will.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Just my thoughts on life's negatives and positives. Not everyone will agree with what I say, but I'm entitled to my opinions.

If you are always living in the past, and/or always dwell on the negative things in your past, that is unhealthy. I don't do that.

But its okay to talk about the past, both positive and negative. Both your past and general history. You need to learn from the past to be help make yourself successful in the future.

Its good to look forward to the positive, but just looking forward isn't going to get you anywhere. You also need to make your future happen. If you come out of a coma you can't just look forward to being whole again, you have to go to rehab and work to make it happen, like pinkster's dad is starting to do (I'm assuming the "medical teaching unit" is for rehab, if not, he'll get there)

If people sit around waiting for others to make their future happen, and make excuses or blame others for why they aren't where they should be in life, they're going to be sitting around for a long time. They have to work at it, overcome obstacles, and learn from their past to make their future happen; they can't be lazy. Some people may never learn this, but most will.
    I agree with all of that.
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Grand Emperor
    Oh and a medical teaching unit is one where you go if you get something really rare and cool and groups of student doctors come around and talk loudly and clearly about you like you aren't there.

And some rehab stuff.
    I just want to love you and squeeze you and call you George

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post

I agree with all of that.
    I totally agree too.

Nightclub Owner
    Oh and a medical teaching unit is one where you go if you get something really rare and cool and groups of student doctors come around and talk loudly and clearly about you like you aren't there.

It would freak me out quietly. Because I would make a mental note of whatever they were saying and as soon as they left I'd google everything and scare myself to death or crazy trying to figure out all the medical mumbo jumbo.

Rhino Keeper
    My brother and his girlfriend are going to have a baby boy :-) I was hoping for a boy so I'd have a niece and a nephew :-)
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chokdii View Post
    My brother and his girlfriend are going to have a baby boy :-) I was hoping for a boy so I'd have a niece and a nephew :-)
    Congratulations